Help - Who Customizes These Jerseys Correctly?

dsl135

No problem...Triple Threat is class...if you need any help with them...or a name os someone to speak with-PM me and I'll set you up...As far as a Sweden jersey-I can ask for you or you can call and ask for Chris H...he is THE go to person...I call him Mr. Jersey because of his knowledge....

What year and style is your jersey and when they open tomorrow I can call and get an answer for you....

I think Chris is the guy I shared email conversations with. First class guy from my limited contact, & nice to hear he's the go to guy & does customers right. My Sweden is a gold Swift authentic from the 2010 olympics. Help is always appreciated, thanks Tazer.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I just picked up 5 Olympics jerseys so I need to know the same! I also have another Kazakhstan waiting to be customized. Let me know how TPS works out for you. Glad you picked up that Sweden! It went for a great price.

No kidding! I couldn't believe I stole it for so cheap. Just a couple of bidders last week. I was sure it was gonna get bid up over the weekend and that there would be a frenzy in the last few seconds & the price would soar, but nothing, just me. My max bid was over double what I got it for. Are any of your new 5 from the same seller? Any idea from the seller's story about how to classify his jerseys? Would you call them team issued? Tournament issued? Sounds like they were made for the games but were just extras that never got names/numbers, then were leftovers. Really hoping Triple Threat has plate material (to correct my previous mistake...Tazer's advocating Triple Threat Sports, not TPS, sorry) .

I also find it funny that someone just put up a few customized Sweden replicas asking $350 with shipping. After I send mine out & get it done up I'll be well less than half that, for an authentic. Getting pumped all over again!

Yeah they are basically overstock from the games. The ones he was selling were incredibly rare as all of them were not made for retail. Don't know why the Sweden one went for so cheap to be honest.

On the flipside, I have never seen a Slovakia, China, Latvia or Swiss jersey in those styles for sale and the German one is also extremely difficult to get. I wish I got that Germany one but it went for too much for me.

Yeah they are basically overstock from the games. The ones he was selling were incredibly rare as all of them were not made for retail. Don't know why the Sweden one went for so cheap to be honest.

On the flipside, I have never seen a Slovakia, China, Latvia or Swiss jersey in those styles for sale and the German one is also extremely difficult to get. I wish I got that Germany one but it went for too much for me.

Yeah, I was surprised at how much the Germany went for, & thrilled I got the Sweden. Dude took $10 off his shipping charge for me, too. So, did you get any of them?

Oh yeah, I got the Switzerland, Norway, China, Slovakia and Czech jerseys.

Oh yeah, I got the Switzerland, Norway, China, Slovakia and Czech jerseys.

Nice. What a haul, congrats! Sounds like nameplates are gonna have to be airknit.

Well, I don't know what the material is on the swift replicas, but that seems to be what they will use. I have two team Canada jerseys that are customized and they come with that material. Pretty sure it is polyester but getting authentic swift nameplates is not possible right now I fear. However, the swift replica stuff looks pretty decent as far as I am concerned. It will also be good to have that slight difference if I ever sell these as an uncsrupulous re-seller may call them game worn due to their rarity. I plan on marking the fight straps as not game worn just in case.

I can take a close up of a customized authentic and a game worn tonight to get you an idea of the nameplate differences.

Hey guys, an interesting idea and something to consider. I recently bought a bunch of these Nike Storm Fit jackets at my local Ross to resell on eBay. The material of the jacket is almost identical to Nike Swift for jerseys. Close enough I wouldnt mind using it for nameplates, especially if its a white jacket to white jersey. If you had white you could possibly have EPS sublimate it to the correct color as well. Here is a close up of the jacket compared to a jersey.

$(KGrHqJ,!lIFBKuklS-0BQV831)C3!~~60_57.JPG

Kukkonen4.JPG

I have a Game Issued Sweden jersey I could take close up comparisons of if someone wanted. Im sure more of these jackets are out there.

Well, I don't know what the material is on the swift replicas, but that seems to be what they will use. I have two team Canada jerseys that are customized and they come with that material. Pretty sure it is polyester but getting authentic swift nameplates is not possible right now I fear. However, the swift replica stuff looks pretty decent as far as I am concerned. It will also be good to have that slight difference if I ever sell these as an uncsrupulous re-seller may call them game worn due to their rarity. I plan on marking the fight straps as not game worn just in case.

I can take a close up of a customized authentic and a game worn tonight to get you an idea of the nameplate differences.

Hey guys, an interesting idea and something to consider. I recently bought a bunch of these Nike Storm Fit jackets at my local Ross to resell on eBay. The material of the jacket is almost identical to Nike Swift for jerseys. Close enough I wouldnt mind using it for nameplates, especially if its a white jacket to white jersey. If you had white you could possibly have EPS sublimate it to the correct color as well. Here is a close up of the jacket compared to a jersey.

I have a Game Issued Sweden jersey I could take close up comparisons of if someone wanted. Im sure more of these jackets are out there.

Pics would be great from both of you, thanks. Oxbo, is the replica swift material supplied by customizers you know of, or is that something I'd have to hunt down? Great idea Brandon, I love outside the box thinkers. Definitely an idea I will consider if I can't find replica swift material or if nike airknit doesn't pass.

That jacket idea is an outstanding one! EPS can dye the fabric from what they told me. As far as the swift material is concerned for nameplates, IJ should be able to customize them nicely with that.

It was nice of him to do that on the shipping. I got a email about my Lativa jersey saying he was doing the same. It's people like that that keep me on eBay,.

Agree, it's always nice to be treated ethically and it makes you feel good that people are out there who do the right thing. His $10 levels out the $.01 replica jersey I won a few months back with $10 shipping that never arrived. I didn't pay it much mind as the seller was responding to my messages insisting he'd send, then later insisting he'd refund me. The day I went to open a case with ebay was the 46th day after the transaction...1 day too late to open a case. Congrats on your pickup. Who are you getting put on?

Alright, take a look in a 1:1 comparison. My game issue vs. the jacket. When I feel them at the same time, the jacket is definitely a softer material but the pattern is the best match you're going to get Id say and when used on a nameplate it should be great. It still has that waterproof feel too. I hope it helps and you guys can get a decent nameplate afterall. I guess I got lucky getting an almost gamer.

99gmmq.jpg

Alright, take a look in a 1:1 comparison. My game issue vs. the jacket. When I feel them at the same time, the jacket is definitely a softer material but the pattern is the best match you're going to get Id say and when used on a nameplate it should be great. It still has that waterproof feel too. I hope it helps and you guys can get a decent nameplate afterall. I guess I got lucky getting an almost gamer.

Nice, thanks for the idea and the pic, Brandon. I'll definitely keep the thought. Did you happen to get any of the jackets in white? I took a quick look on the internet and at retail the jackets & other pieces are pretty pricey for sacrifices.

I got mine today too except for one I had shipped later. Sometimes the swift jersey colours run like that unfortunately.

Sometimes the swift jersey colours run like that unfortunately.

Really? What a terribly made jersey then. I emailed the guy to see if it was like that when he sent it. I didn't want to blame him for it because you can't see it in the pictures in the listings. I thought maybe it might have gotten wet during shipping but then I thought "Jerseys should be able to get wet and not run. It's hockey!"

Its not a matter of being wet. These are brand new jerseys. I think it is just the manufacturing of them

Nothing yet. Surprised you guys got yours so soon. Shipping info on Ebay says shipped 12-10, delivery between 12-26 and 1-14! Just ran out in the cold in my pajama pants to the mailbox all excited, but nothin'. I know Oxbo isn't in the states. Where are you Tbird? Is it because I'm in the USA? Seems like everything I order from Canada takes a long time to get here. I'll inspect when it gets here & let you know.

I paid a pretty penny to get them here early and he ended the auctions early on the ones I got.

Its not a matter of being wet. These are brand new jerseys. I think it is just the manufacturing of them

Oh, I realize. I just couldn't think of a good reason why a jersey should have colors that run like that.

Nothing yet. Surprised you guys got yours so soon. Shipping info on Ebay says shipped 12-10, delivery between 12-26 and 1-14! Just ran out in the cold in my pajama pants to the mailbox all excited, but nothin'. I know Oxbo isn't in the states. Where are you Tbird? Is it because I'm in the USA? Seems like everything I order from Canada takes a long time to get here. I'll inspect when it gets here & let you know.

I'm in Seattle so it never really takes that long to get mail from the Lower Mainland.

Mine came yesterday. Should have expected that but the estimated delivery on Ebay threw me. I LOVE it! Looks great, fits great (could even be a little bigger), and no color issues at all - I can see how upset you are tbird, I'd be pissed too. The Swift material is VERY interesting. I can see why it is so polarizing among collectors. Extremely thin and soft to the touch, even springy. When I showed my wife (who couldn't possibly care less) the material actually makes a noise like a rubber band when I stretch it. I'm a huge Starter Mesh fan and I have to say I think I really like the Swift material...but so totally different. The only issue for me will be wrinkling. The jersey came as pictured in the listing, with lots of deep wrinkles. A hot iron with a pillow case for protection took about 3 or 4 passes in a few places and even then some of the deeper creases came back as the jersey cooled. I'm afraid that when I wear it to a game the back will wrinkle up pretty good. Just have to spend the time with the iron or try the hot steam shower technique. Really excited to get it customized. Just gotta figure out the nameplate issue.

Great thread idea. I think often times we have to do a ton of research to find who is best to customize our jerseys, especially the vintage ones. I know this topic has been discussed before but who is the best company to customize early 90's Kings jerseys? I have a 90/91 jersey I want to get customized but I hear that many companies get the lettering wrong. It took me a while to get this jersey so I really want to make sure that it gets done right. Thanks!

I just got back a 88/89 and 89/90 Kings from Keener in Winnipeg. He was great to work with and seems to be able to duplicate anything.

http://keenercomedy.wordpress.com/keeners-jersey-collection/

Be really careful with that font; there are subtle differences between the 1988-91 seasons- on casual glance they look the same. Try to get gamer photos of the player you want in the season you want, and he should be able to replicate that accurately. He's pretty quick too; he could probably do it in just a couple of weeks.

• 3 weeks later...