Where do you go for jersey customizing?

BlueShirtOn34thStreet

Been using Truman @ GAMEDAYSPORTARCHIVES lately. Does solid work. ..just be sure to be precise on what you want and include pictures every time.

He is fast enough and pricing is fair.

Ever get your wild jersey done?

Most of my kits I have ordered through brilliant. However I have picked a very hard team to get proper kits for. So after he is done with what's at his house I am going to build up my stars collection. I can get proper kits from Blake's sport lettering for stars jersey. Then have mike sew them...if he still likes me that is!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Where would I send this to get it it accurately customized. I want to go with EPS but I want to make sure with you guys before sending it of?

IMG_1956.jpg

I had 3 of those done by EPS and was very happy with them. The black air-knit nameplate material might not have been an exact match (they used CCM-type air-knit over the Starter material), but that's a very minor point and I can easily live with it. The kit quality and stitching were excellent.

Dude's makin it rain with all those $100 bills on the table.

Held down by a beer bottle. Shouldn't inspire confidence, but the jerseys look nicely done.

Held down by a beer bottle. Shouldn't inspire confidence, but the jerseys look nicely done.

just one beer won't hurt, itll make the hands smoother. MLB players sometimes go have a beer in the locker room to smooth out their swing

just one beer won't hurt, itll make the hands smoother. MLB players sometimes go have a beer in the locker room to smooth out their swing

The point Radulov and Kostitsyn attempted to make, but their argument fell on deaf ears.....

To anyone in the NYC area... I dropped off my blank Rangers Edge 1.0 last Friday at the NHL Store. They sent it out to Arena Wear and told me 7-10 business days. Well, they called me today and my jersey is back and ready to go. Now THAT is an impressive turnaround. I''ll post some pics tomorrow, but if this good, I'll never take a jersey anywhere else. 5 days is unheard of.

The turnaround is good, but they nickel and dime you. I bet they didn't tell you it's an extra $10 if you want a player with a C/A on their jersey.

It was $79.99 flat. To have a jersey done by the place that does the stitching for the on ice jerseys for the team, I'm ok with that. Especially when you consider Cosby's also sends to Arena Wear, takes 3 weeks, and adds sales tax. ($104 for me at Cosby's last time.)

Are you sure about the extra $10 for the C/A? Because if your order from NHL.com they don't charge for that. I'd imagine that charge comes from Arena Wear directly if this is the case.

He looks like he has some good skills with embroidery. Maybe he could make "Reebok" wordmark patches to convert vector jerseys to this year's jersey?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am looking for CCM or Starter Ranger jerseys- who would be able to customize them properly should I find one? I know that the number sizes differ for those as compared to EDGE jerseys.

EPS?

Cosby?

Still have another WC Rangers jersey that I need customized. Has anyone found a place to go for that? Arena Wear wasn't taking them. Who would be best?

Thanks!

Still have another WC Rangers jersey that I need customized. Has anyone found a place to go for that? Arena Wear wasn't taking them. Who would be best?

Thanks!

I had mine done at Cosby's- came out real nice. You can try them

I am looking for CCM or Starter Ranger jerseys- who would be able to customize them properly should I find one? I know that the number sizes differ for those as compared to EDGE jerseys.

EPS?

Cosby?

It's been about a year and a half since I got any pre-Edge Rangers jerseys done, but I got the kits from EPS. Aside from the number sizing issue you're already aware of, I had no issues with EPS.

I had EPS do some CCM and Starter Rangers jerseys for me, and I was quite pleased with them. The only inaccuracies I found were with the blue Liberty jerseys (which I'm sure you could avoid by just specifying beforehand). The numbers were quite small, 11.5" on the back and 3 5/8" on the arms. One thing that I didn't notice until much later was that the number "2" on the arm looks just like it does on the back. The bottom bar of the 2 (just on the arm) should have been straight, but instead they made it with the upward bend at the end.

I had mine done at Cosby's- came out real nice. You can try them

Thanks. Was hoping to avoid Cosby's as though they claim to use Arena Wear, my last jersey done there came out terribly. Maybe I'll just call Arena Wear directly and check.

• 3 years later...

There's seems to be tons of threads and even more 'hidden posts' in non-customization threads on these forums that talk about customizing and where to get it done. But I'll post my recommendation here since the thread title is the most inviting/useful to someone looking for customization.

I, myself, did a search on here for this topic a few months ago, and I got referred to a place. So I'm just passing it forward.

I went to gamedaysportsarchives.com . They are located in Toronto, Ontario, and your contact there is a gentleman named Truman. He did such an amazing job on my two jerseys that I can't say enough about it. The jerseys I got done were two replicas: 1996-97 NY Rangers blue Liberty and 1996 World Cup white Team Canada, both with Gretzky on them. It was my first time going through a customizer, after trying unsuccessfully for a long time in finding an authenic/replica already-completed version of Gretzky with good lettering and a good price.

As a first timer, Truman was very accommodating and put my mind at ease from beginning to end. Since I live close by, I chose to meet with him so I could drop off the jerseys. He took his time with me, and he was very good at understanding what I wanted, and expected, from a professional customizer. His prices are very reasonable and he had no problem working out a deal. I found out while meeting with him that he doesn't carry all the special/event/commemorative patches for every year/team, so I just went back home and ordered from online the World Cup 1996 circle patch I wanted, and had it shipped to his address. He had no problem accepting that, as it saved me another trip out there, or even the cost of shipping it to him if the patch was initially shipped to me.

His communication through email/text/phone was always quick and top notch, and you could tell him helping you out is very genuine. He's a jersey collector as well, so he understands the pressure and fine detailing of customization for collectors and fans.

In addition, he also helped with some extra little things on my jersey, that he didn't have to do, but he did, and he did it well. It was obvious Truman was there to build a relationship, and not just a business, and it shows by him going that extra mile.

I decided to have the final product shipped to me, and it was super fast, and carefully packaged. Seeing them in person was even more impressive!

An AMAZING job overall, and I couldn't be happier! The lettering is perfect - for me. The only reason I say 'for me', is because trying to match EXACT style of lettering as game-used, authentic, or even retail replica (let along, doing it 20 years later) is by far the biggest challenge I've been reading from members on these forums. There are many posts of members taking about customization and writing that they even went to the original customizer for their jersey, and came back disappointed. In a nutshell, a hardcore jersey guru once told me that the only way to get a jersey exactly like a gamer, is to buy a gamer. And to just find a customization YOU can be satisfied with.

And with Game Day Sports Archives, I am!

I also want to give a shout out to LAK74 who has been so good in tutoring me about jerseys and giving his advise and referrals. He's also a very genuine person that puts out all the stops to help a fellow member.

I'll try and include pics of what he did soon. For uniqueness, I added the Captains 'C' to my Liberty, as there was at least one moment that season he wore it (1997-98 Upper Deck Collector's Choice #167)

Edited by zackmak