What Type of Jerseys Will You Buy Next Season?

CryWolf

Jersey Purchase Plans for Next Season  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of jersey do you think you will be most likely to buy in 2007-2008?

• Classic 550 Replica (approx. $90 USD)
    • New Premier Replica (approx. $110 USD)
    • New RBK Edge Authentic (approx. $250 USD)

Next season will offer some new choices for spending your hard-earned jersey dollars. Based on what you know and the information below regarding the options and expected costs for jerseys, which type of jersey do you think you will be most likely to buy?

1. The Classic (550) Replica jersey, will be available next year in the same designs as this year, but in Dark (Home) version only. Teams that will change their uniforms will not make this jersey available in the new design... only in this year's design. The price for these jerseys should remain under $90 USD.
  2. The new Premier Replica Jersey will retail for approx. $110 USD, however this jersey will no longer come with screen printed crests as originally feared. Instead, it will include a full twill and embroidered front crest and screen print on twill sewn shoulder crests. This jersey will be offered in both Home and Away versions.
  3. The new RBK EDGE Authentic Jersey will not retail at the current $345 USD price for the 2007 All-Star Jersey. In 2007-2008 you will be able to pick up a RBK EDGE Authentic Jersey for around $250 USD.

As much as it hurts to see the price increase, I'm an authentic guy... I just can't help it. I'd rather have a smaller collection of all authentic than a larger collection of replicas. It isn't that I don't like the replicas either, but I just will always prefer the more heavy duty, pro-quality product. Unfortunately, the price is going up and my list is getting longer. :unsure:

Probably Premier Replica, but it all depends on the team and/or player and how much spare $ is in the till. I still don't understand why the crest will be embroidered and shoulder patch will be screenprinted on tackle twill. Unlike Mach_9, I like having a large collection of replicas. 90% of the time, the only one who knows or even cares that the jersey is a replica is me, so I don't mind having a lot of them. There was a time when I could build up a good arsenal of replica jerseys, so I just stuck with that. I don't care for the fighting straps, so authentic jerseys weren't a priority for me. Years ago, I have used it as a conversation piece when flirting with some lady hockey fans I know, though (it must have worked, I married one of them!). :thumbsup:

I'm the only one who knows the difference between the replicas and authentic in my collection, but for some reason, that is simply me being an oddball, I vastly prefer having the authentic. Trust me, I don't look down on replicas, nor those who collect them at all - in fact I'm sometimes envious of them and their much larger collections, but for my own part, when it comes down to it, I prefer to get one authentic over 2 replicas every time.

I'm the only one who knows the difference between the replicas and authentic in my collection, but for some reason, that is simply me being an oddball, I vastly prefer having the authentic. Trust me, I don't look down on replicas, nor those who collect them at all - in fact I'm sometimes envious of them and their much larger collections, but for my own part, when it comes down to it, I prefer to get one authentic over 2 replicas every time.

I love the feel of authentics but I just can't justify the prices of authentics. In terms of what I am buying I will stick with the classic look- it cheaper and I prefer it (I don't hate the new jerseys I just like the old cut better).

Naturally, I'm rebelling and going with old replicas if I decide to purchase. Watch prices and if they come down a little I may go for an authentic. The new replica doesn't seem that bad but still screen printed shoulder patches with embroidered crest? Bizarre.

I'll probably look at all of them and see which style I like the best. I'll most likely get an authentic first since they are "new" jerseys.

I wasn't too impressed after seeing the all-star jersey last night. I'll wait and see on the replicas next year. If I do get one, it'll be of one of my absolute favorite teams.

I really don't see myself getting one next season. I already have/have ordered the ones I want and don't feel the need to waste money on a jersey I will probably regret.

One side note to keep in mind when voting: It is possible that a number of jerseys will be modified somewhat next year - especially when it comes to striping. Though most traditional teams will likely not make any changes here, a bunch of teams may alter striping on their jerseys (such as eliminating lower horizontal stripes, and possibly adding vertical stripes (a la new Sabres, Swift jerseys etc.). Does this change your vote if you chose Classic 550, if you know that the striping on your jersey may be outdated next season? Or would you still rather stay with tradition? Let me know if you want me to change your vote on the poll.

I'm the lone new Premier Replica vote (so far). I chose that because I may want to purchase a white replica jersey. The new 550s will lock me into a colored jersey. If jerseys are changing, which several are, I really have to see the 2007-08 designs before I decide what to buy, so I need not change my vote. If the team doesn't wear shoulder patches (like the Ducks), I'll probably go for the lesser expensive jersey. Currently, no teams I would buy a jersey for fall into that provision.

I'm the lone new Premier Replica vote (so far). I chose that because I may want to purchase a white replica jersey. The new 550s will lock me into a colored jersey. If jerseys are changing, which several are, I really have to see the 2007-08 designs before I decide what to buy, so I need not change my vote. If the team doesn't wear shoulder patches (like the Ducks), I'll probably go for the lesser expensive jersey. Currently, no teams I would buy a jersey for fall into that provision.

Wait, so there will be no white jerseys available in the "classic" style? that sucks- so its ebay for me after the season?

Wait, so there will be no white jerseys available in the "classic" style? that sucks- so its ebay for me after the season?

Yep that's how they are doing it next year only in the team color.

IceJerseys currently has a very big inventory of classic 550 replica jerseys in most teams, with a big focus on white jerseys (we just made a very big purchase of 550's for that very reason). We should still have a decent avilability in white 550's heading into next season, however exactly what the scenario is will depend on how hard it is to find the white jerseys from other retailers. Anyhow, we have them now on the site and are pretty well prepared for the discontinuation of white 550's next year.

IceJerseys currently has a very big inventory of classic 550 replica jerseys in most teams, with a big focus on white jerseys (we just made a very big purchase of 550's for that very reason). We should still have a decent avilability in white 550's heading into next season, however exactly what the scenario is will depend on how hard it is to find the white jerseys from other retailers. Anyhow, we have them now on the site and are pretty well prepared for the discontinuation of white 550's next year.

What's the word on what Anaheim may do next season? I've been hearing they may add shoulder patches. That may determine on if I get a white one or not.

Smart thinking Wolf, that is probably a very wise idea. It doesn't change my mind much at all, if I was to get another jersey or two, they would be original 6 that I know are not changing to the best of my knowledge. On a plus note, I got to see an all-star replica up close, I like the feel of the fabric, doesn't feel cheap. The bad side is that I don't like the elastic around the wrist, whatever that is. Also the crest doesn't look...sharp. But I will confidently say they are not horrible but not great either.

As it stands my strategy will be to shop for current authentics of teams regardless of changes for next year. Wolf, do you know if you folks will keep supplies of kits for the current authentics if I was to send you some blanks down the road?

Smart thinking Wolf, that is probably a very wise idea. It doesn't change my mind much at all, if I was to get another jersey or two, they would be original 6 that I know are not changing to the best of my knowledge. On a plus note, I got to see an all-star replica up close, I like the feel of the fabric, doesn't feel cheap. The bad side is that I don't like the elastic around the wrist, whatever that is. Also the crest doesn't look...sharp. But I will confidently say they are not horrible but not great either.

As it stands my strategy will be to shop for current authentics of teams regardless of changes for next year. Wolf, do you know if you folks will keep supplies of kits for the current authentics if I was to send you some blanks down the road?

We will continue to customize current authentics - no problem.

What's the word on what Anaheim may do next season? I've been hearing they may add shoulder patches. That may determine on if I get a white one or not.

Can't give you a definitive answer for the ducks. A lot of teams are still finalizing things.

Can't give you a definitive answer for the ducks. A lot of teams are still finalizing things.

Have you heard about any massive changes to any of the logos, stripings based on the sleeker look (a la Buffalo this year)?

• 1 month later...

For me living in Southern Virginia, It's pretty tough to come across hockey jerseys to actually look at in a store or retail shop. So I may have to do it by trial and error...I would get a vintage Sabres jersey but I'm clinging to the hope that the Sabres will put the Celsius design logo on the new uniform. :unsure:

For me living in Southern Virginia, It's pretty tough to come across hockey jerseys to actually look at in a store or retail shop. So I may have to do it by trial and error...I would get a vintage Sabres jersey but I'm clinging to the hope that the Sabres will put the Celsius design logo on the new uniform. :unsure:

Your only hope about the Celsius design was talked about at the start of the season on the sabres.com message boards where several people were going to places with the C designs to make their own jerseys. You might want to look into that. I love my vintage jersey and I highly suggest getting that puppy.

Your only hope about the Celsius design was talked about at the start of the season on the sabres.com message boards where several people were going to places with the C designs to make their own jerseys. You might want to look into that. I love my vintage jersey and I highly suggest getting that puppy.

Dachuck and I are from the sabres boards :stickhndl:

Daschuck and I want these: http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/j642b5/newwe7.jpg

I'd pay $400 for an authentic. That's how beautiful I think the combination is. Would be my favorite jersey all time, likely.

• 2 weeks later...
Dachuck and I are from the sabres boards :stickhndl:

Daschuck and I want these: http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/j642b5/newwe7.jpg

I'd pay $400 for an authentic. That's how beautiful I think the combination is. Would be my favorite jersey all time, likely.

Yeah- I would totally open up the ol wallet for those babies! They really need to work on the white jersey- the color scheme good but with the logo it looks terrible (oddly- not as bad in the blues but I am still not a fan of the slug).