WWW Patch

Bears1000

Does anyone know what the real WWW patches look like? What are the differences between the replicas and the real ones. I remember I read somewhere that if you ran a ruler across some part of it, you'll see something is aligned with something or another. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I just bought 2 patches off ebay, and the seller said he got them from the Blackhawks store, and when compared to the other patches sold on ebay, they font looked a little sharper...

I don't have the measurements handy this second but the replica patches are huge and the letter font is off from the originals...here's mine which came off of a team issued jersey, i'll get the measurements for you later on.

100_1654.jpg

I don't have the measurements handy this second but the replica patches are huge and the letter font is off from the originals...here's mine which came off of a team issued jersey, i'll get the measurements for you later on.

100_1654.jpg

Would it be possible if you took a zoomed in picture of it for me? And when I get mine, I can scan them and we can do a comparison. I would greatly appreciate it.

http://jerseycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=115&p=1045&hilit=Www+patch+Blackhawks#p1045

Thinking back this was done a while back.....to save both of us some work here you go!

Are you sure? I don't see how it's obvious. I drew lines on the image and took a ruler, and the midpoints match the one from the post

Yes, it matches that of the reproduction from the post.

Are you sure? I don't see how it's obvious. I drew lines on the image and took a ruler, and the midpoints match the one from the post

I concur, they are both not legit. You can tell this by the "W" as another poster pointed out above. On MountainKing's patch, the "V"s in the W are not as deep as the 2 patches you show. It requires some close examination, but you can tell based on this.

I concur, the Ws midpoint does not look like it matches with the top of the white in the feather.

As a side note, while I love my Blackhawks jerseys, and especially those with special patches, I refuse to get one done up with a patch honoring pappa Wirtz. He was one of the worst owners in the history of Chicago if not American sports overall. Refusing to put home games on tv and pay players such as JR cost the club a generation of fans when the Hawks were ruling in the 80s and 90s.

I thank God his son has proven to be a great owner.

There didn't seem to be much difference between Bill and Art. I'm guessing Rocky grew up as a real fan, and that's what made the difference.

I concur, the Ws midpoint does not look like it matches with the top of the white in the feather.

As a side note, while I love my Blackhawks jerseys, and especially those with special patches, I refuse to get one done up with a patch honoring pappa Wirtz. He was one of the worst owners in the history of Chicago if not American sports overall. Refusing to put home games on tv and pay players such as JR cost the club a generation of fans when the Hawks were ruling in the 80s and 90s.

I thank God his son has proven to be a great owner.

I'm right with you! As cool as I think those WWW patches are, it's the one Hawks patch I don't want on a jersey...

Rocky is awesome. Today they put Olesz on waivers, opening up a spot and cap space for an effective player (which Olesz has not been) even though he may get stuck paying Olesz $3.4 million to play for the Ice Hogs! Love that guy.

BTW - I'd have to agree the patches the OP got are not the original. Take a look at the "button" at the top of the feather too - definitely the patch on the bottom in the other thread...