What did I get? 54-R Bruins, no fight strap/double elbow.

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I picked this up on eBay, it's a size 54-R Haitian one. It has no fight strap or signs of one, and doesn't have double elbows. What the heck is this?

HPIM2578.jpg

HPIM2580.jpg

HPIM2581.jpg

I'm pretty sure none of the Haiti-made Starter jerseys had fight straps. I have no idea about the lack of double elbows, this is the first time I've actually seen a Starter jersey from Haiti.

Hmm, interesting. So...should these normally have double elbows? I'm not crazy about having a half authentic jersey so I'll just re-sell it if it isn't up to snuff. I can easily get a fight strap added, but the double elbows is a big problem and indicative of an inferior jersey.

Hmm, interesting. So...should these normally have double elbows? I'm not crazy about having a half authentic jersey so I'll just re-sell it if it isn't up to snuff. I can easily get a fight strap added, but the double elbows is a big problem and indicative of an inferior jersey.

I'm no expert on this, but the handful of Starters I've seen made in Haiti were all Pens or Bruins, none had fight straps or double elbows. I think that's just the way they made them there.

Gah, stupid. Thanks guys, it's going in my trade thread and I'll go back to looking. I like double elbows.

:mellow:

did you ask questions before bidding?

:unsure:

Is it just the elbows? Or does it lack the double shoulders too? Because, if it's just the elbows, that might be able to be done. The fight strap is harder but still possible.

:mellow:

did you ask questions before bidding?

:unsure:

Why do you seem so upset? I did not, it looked fine and I went for it. It's a learning experience. It's still authentic, I just wasn't aware of the variations.

Is it just the elbows? Or does it lack the double shoulders too? Because, if it's just the elbows, that might be able to be done. The fight strap is harder but still possible.

I didn't even know double shoulders was a thing lol. It has double shoulders. I'm still getting rid of it, I don't have time or patience for a project lol. If anyone wants a good deal go to my thread haha.

Pffft...quitter. Typical Philly dingbat.

Meh you love it. I could use the money and I wouldn't have it done up for over a year anyways. I'll just get another one when I graduate.

I had no idea my joke would become an IJ meme lol.

Jukie, did it have double elbows? That's actually pretty important to me.

Why do you seem so upset? I did not, it looked fine and I went for it. It's a learning experience. It's still authentic, I just wasn't aware of the variations.

:rolleyes:

i'm NOT upset at all.

i just asked a simple question.

B)

:rolleyes:

i'm NOT upset at all.

i just asked a simple question.

B)

Haha alright man your faces appeareded concern haha. You did ask a simple question, but your faces seemed condescending hahahaha. No worries man.

I had no idea my joke would become an IJ meme lol.

Jukie, did it have double elbows? That's actually pretty important to me.

No, like yours mine had no double elbows. I got it for a heck of a deal though, and it was new with tags and a nameplate, so I couldn't resist.

The only two I've seen like this from Haiti were the Pens "robo penguin" 3rd and the Bruins "Pooh bear" 3rd.

Has anyone seen a Stater from Haiti aside from those two sublimated 3rds, that was also lacking a fight strap and double elbows?

Generally, the Starter authentic line up was: 1) El Salvador (retail), 2) Haiti (Bruins and Pens thirds w/o strap), 3) Berlin, WI (game issued). That's the general consensus. But certainly not set in stone. I would guess that there are game used El Salvador jerseys out there, and retail Wisconsin jerseys. Once they went under, the Wisconsin jerseys came into the retail market. I have the exact same jersey as the OP, and I bought it at a Starter retail outlet store in the late 1990's.

I seem to remember somebody on here mentioning that when the Bruins got these jerseys to start, they came without fight straps and Custom Crafted had to attach the fight straps when they numbered the jersey.