Jersey seller arrested

schulzmc

It's nice to know somebody is doing something about this. What I found amazing is that the postal service actually had an "undercover inspector" who went to the trouble of buying a jersey, researching it, and contacting the actual player whose jersey it was (maybe I'd like to have this job) to determine its authenticity. I guess there really is such a thing as the "jersey police." :)

Still not going to hold my breath waiting for eBay to do this, though...

Man. I HOPE this lame Arse guy gets some prison time. He will be fresh meat. Picture this conversation.

"So, What you in for bubba?" - Jersey counterfeiter

"Double Murder in the first! You??" - Bubba.

"Ahhh Counterfeit baseball jerseys!" - Dead Meat.

Ya that should go over well! :)

Hope he can afford a good lawer

I'm going to start linking this article when I harass peddlers of "game used" fakes on eBay

:rolleyes:

ebay won't do anything about all the fakes because it cuts out their take in listing, selling and paypal fees.

maybe if all the people that bought knockoffs from ebay filed a class action lawsuit against ebay, then they MIGHT have more strict guidlines.

now they own Stub Hub too!

:noway:

Man. I HOPE this lame Arse guy gets some prison time. He will be fresh meat. Picture this conversation.

"So, What you in for bubba?" - Jersey counterfeiter

"Double Murder in the first! You??" - Bubba.

"Ahhh Counterfeit baseball jerseys!" - Dead Meat.

Ya that should go over well! :)

Hope he can afford a good lawer

If he knows to lie about jerseys, I'm sure he wont be honest about what hes in for...

There is a big difference between selling knockoff jerseys for $40-75 and selling legit authentic jerseys as game worn for $2,000-$5,000, which is what he was busted for. This is not going to have any effect on the sales of Chinese knockoffs whatsoever.

It drives me crazy to see "legit" auction houses selling jerseys as game worn which are clearly not. I've even written to one pointing out the issues with the tagging that gives them away as not being true gamers and have gotten the standard "If you don't like it, don't bid on it" response.

By the way, I've met the guy who got arrested in that story!

This same thing happend a few years back too Peter J. Nash AKA Pete Nice from the rap group 3rd Bass from the early 90's.

He owned a Cooperstown Shop. The name of which escapes me but he selling items on consignment auctions that where either fakes or had shady background history.

Even the famous can escape the law.

There is a big difference between selling knockoff jerseys for $40-75 and selling legit authentic jerseys as game worn for $2,000-$5,000, which is what he was busted for.

Isn't that what the owner of Custom Crafted did during the 90's?

:rolleyes:

ebay won't do anything about all the fakes because it cuts out their take in listing, selling and paypal fees.

maybe if all the people that bought knockoffs from ebay filed a class action lawsuit against ebay, then they MIGHT have more strict guidlines.

now they own Stub Hub too!

:noway:

Tiffany's already brought suit against eBay and lost. Since eBay is a host and not a direct seller, it essentially covers it's own buttocks by having a reporting system in place, and doing something about repeat offenders, which they do. No one would head the class action suit because it's be frivolous; the courts are already in favor of eBay and have sanctioned their practices.

eBay is in the clear while providing a place for counterfeit merchandise to be sold, but torrent websites are harassed constantly by law enforcement for providing a place for people to trade stolen merchandise? yayyyy America lol

eBay is in the clear while providing a place for counterfeit merchandise to be sold, but torrent websites are harassed constantly by law enforcement for providing a place for people to trade stolen merchandise? yayyyy America lol

Well the main reason is because eBay has a legitimate purpose outside of counterfeit merchandise, whereas torrent sites are pretty much 99% fraudulent. Also, the things on torrent sites are much more heavily policed than knockoff jerseys and the like. Not to mention, you 100% something's illegal on a torrent site, a lot of times on eBay it's not so cut and dry.

I know that it is baseball jerseys mentioned in this article, but thought you all might appreciate that someone is taking on jersey fakes...

My link

But Pujols told officials he still possesses the only two away Cardinals jerseys issued to him for the 2002 season.

he only used 2 jerseys for 80 games ? :blink: