New Blackhawks Third??!!

schulzmc

The guys over at Days of Y'Orr are reimaging all NHL team uniforms, and this post takes on the Blackhawks. (I love the triple stripes on the sleeves and the tie up, but don't like that they messed with the tomahawks.)

But here's the deal - in the comments two people mention that they have heard the Hawks are ditching their current third jerseys. Has anyone here heard that? I LOVE the present thirds and would hate to see them go!

The guys over at Days of Y'Orr are reimaging all NHL team uniforms, and this post takes on the Blackhawks. (I love the triple stripes on the sleeves and the tie up, but don't like that they messed with the tomahawks.)

But here's the deal - in the comments two people mention that they have heard the Hawks are ditching their current third jerseys. Has anyone here heard that? I LOVE the present thirds and would hate to see them go!

If they dump the current thirds for THAT, it would be a huge shame. That presented third is beyond brutal

Icethentics is reporting that management may not like the current third from the winter classic.

I actually like that black and white jersey concept art.

If you're going to go that route, then why not just go the whole way and add MORE striping to the body? That one just looks like a black version of the current one and therefore quite lame.

I think all of those re-creations are terrible. I like that now only the third has the lace up, for a different look. I have heard nothing about a change to the third, and find it odd they would as they are very popular. I mean the team even has a page letting fans know what games they will be worn. If they were to change I love the tbtc barberpole, but selfishly like being one of the few people that has one. I have never been a big fan of the past black alternates, with the normal Hawks head, except the 2001 version with the nice 75th anni arrowhead patch.

If they do change I am really happy I decided to grab an authentic Winter Classic 1.0 recently instead of waiting for the alternates to come out in 2.0.

I'd be really bummed if they change the current third as well. Of all my Hawks jerseys that I wear out in public - it is the present thirds that get the most comments. I have a couple of the old black thirds, and if it weren't for the special patches I agree they were pretty boring.

I also love the Hawks current thirds, but yeah, they're ditching them :(....I'd hope they never do anything like that black concept. It might not be so bad if there was some red in it, but black and white? Bleh

I like the current thirds but wouldn't be to sad to see them go...not totally sure if I'd like to see them bring the Blacks back...I'd kind of like to see the barber pole come back from the early 90's.

Like I said I love the Barberpole, but kinda like being one of the few folks that have one. I like this one from the 1953-1954 season, same nice crest with the letter outline but a move away from the black dominated jersey. I am sure one of you can tell me if this runs foul of the rules regarding the third jersey having to be a predominantly different color, etc.

Vintage re-creation of 1953-1954 jersey.

http://www.stadiumclassics.com/prod/2118-Chicago-Blackhawks-1953-1954-Vintage-Reebok-Heritage-Sweater-Jersey.html

I won't mind if they replace the current 3rds with those badass black ones! :hook:

• 3 weeks later...

I won't mind if they replace the current 3rds with those badass black ones! :hook:

This is from Jesse Rogers mailbag from 8/22/2011. He covers the Blackhawks for ESPN Chicago.

Q: I cannot wait for the season to start. Do you know if the Blackhawks will ever bring back the black alternate jerseys or are they sticking with the Winter Classic alternate look again this year? -- Andrew (Chicago)

A: The answer is neither. The Hawks are going with just two jerseys this season -- the home red and road white.

I too have heard they're ditching the current thirds. I hope they don't go with any of those three concepts as they're all horrible. I do like the idea of lace collars on the standard home/away jerseys. Something I like on all Original 6 teams, but no one else really.

If they dump the current thirds for THAT, it would be a huge shame. That presented third is beyond brutal

Yeah I completely agree. I like other's ideas above about switching to the barberpole. That would be pretty nice. Classic jersey. :thumbsup: I am anxious to see what their new third is going to be, as I guess now that is the word on the street.

I'm not that torn up about losing the current third, but I also don't want to see them go back to the black thirds. I would love to see the barberpole make a comeback but I'm not entirely sure it would look as nice in the Edge cut. I wouldn't totally mind seeing them try something new out but I do love the Red and Whites and get a little bothered when they aren't wearing them.

Talking to the guy at ProJersey today he's hearing that it may be 2 or more years before they even consider adding another third. He's of course like to see it sooner to help business!

BTW - they still have some of the recent third authentics on sale for $199.