Is this a match?

bluejacket

Anyone know where I can get AHL pictures, particularly for the Manchester Monarchs? I'm trying to match this jersey, which you would think would not be that hard, except that I can't find pictures. I don't know how many jersey sets AHL teams typically use, especially in the alternate jerseys. Assuming there's only one set, I have to guess it's from later in the season (or at least in the time period for the set), since otherwise they probably would have repaired it, wouldn't they?

Johnson.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have spent all weekend trying to find a photo match for this jersey. The photo below is the only photo I have been able to find of Mayorov in the game I believe this jersey could have been worn. I know that at first look the positioning of the marks do not match, but due to the way the player is moving and how stretched the jersey looks I think that could account for the position. So what do you think?

3242011.jpg

Mayorov.jpg

Bluejacket... I suggest checking out Getty photos #111337206 (3/31/11 @ WSH)

The one at Washington seems to match the faint black mark just to the left of the bottom right star point.

edit: Also, the "bunching" on the neckline on the left side above the seam appears to indicate it was also worn in the 2009 pre-season by Mayorov.

The Preseason Pittsburgh game I have already matched but I have a high res image of him from the Washington game and it is not a match.

Bluejacket... I suggest checking out Getty photos #111337206 (3/31/11 @ WSH)

The one at Washington seems to match the faint black mark just to the left of the bottom right star point.

edit: Also, the "bunching" on the neckline on the left side above the seam appears to indicate it was also worn in the 2009 pre-season by Mayorov.

What do you mean by bunching?

What do you mean by bunching?

It appears from the pictures that halfway between the seam (of the body and sleeve) and the red stripe on the right shoulder/neck area, the white material does not lay perfectly flat where the neck is sewn, and is quite noticeable on some photos of him wearing the jersey. Now whether or not that is common on the CBJ jerseys, I do not know.

Does that help?

Anyone know where I can get AHL pictures, particularly for the Manchester Monarchs? I'm trying to match this jersey, which you would think would not be that hard, except that I can't find pictures. I don't know how many jersey sets AHL teams typically use, especially in the alternate jerseys. Assuming there's only one set, I have to guess it's from later in the season (or at least in the time period for the set), since otherwise they probably would have repaired it, wouldn't they? Johnson.jpg

Can you post a picture of the whole jersey? Who's jersey is it from what year?

And I'll tell you from experience (Monarchs STH here) the Monarchs wear tons of jerseys throughout the year.

I have seen stacks of gamers that they auction off during the year.

A Monarchs gamer with an off-color repair like yours has is strange indeed.

Can you post a picture of the whole jersey? Who's jersey is it from what year?

And I'll tell you from experience (Monarchs STH here) the Monarchs wear tons of jerseys throughout the year.

I have seen stacks of gamers that they auction off during the year.

A Monarchs gamer with an off-color repair like yours has is strange indeed.

I just ordered it from the Monarchs themselves, so I don't have it yet, but I can post a whole picture when it gets here. I only have that picture because that's what they sent me when I asked about it, and I figured I'd get a head start on trying to match it before the jersey arrives. It's a Justin Johnson from this year, 2010-11. I didn't realize they used so many in one year, I wonder if they do any kind of set numbers to tell when it was used or if you just have to guess. I thought the off-color repair was interesting too, and between that and the tear I figured it wouldn't be too tough to find a picture or video, but I'm having no luck with pictures and all the videos are terrible quality.

I just ordered it from the Monarchs themselves, so I don't have it yet, but I can post a whole picture when it gets here. I only have that picture because that's what they sent me when I asked about it, and I figured I'd get a head start on trying to match it before the jersey arrives. It's a Justin Johnson from this year, 2010-11. I didn't realize they used so many in one year, I wonder if they do any kind of set numbers to tell when it was used or if you just have to guess. I thought the off-color repair was interesting too, and between that and the tear I figured it wouldn't be too tough to find a picture or video, but I'm having no luck with pictures and all the videos are terrible quality.

Monarchs jersey are not numbered or cataloged in any way. They are just worn and replaced as needed.

The blacks aren't replaced as often since they are 3rds so there's probably only a couple of those each year.

Since it's a JJ from this year I will look through my photos from pre-game skates and see if I can spot a match.

I have tons of pictures so you might get lucky. I'll let you know.

I have spent all weekend trying to find a photo match for this jersey. The photo below is the only photo I have been able to find of Mayorov in the game I believe this jersey could have been worn. I know that at first look the positioning of the marks do not match, but due to the way the player is moving and how stretched the jersey looks I think that could account for the position. So what do you think?

Honestly, we'd need more pics of the jersey itself to determine a match. There's a thousand different things that could be used to photomatch in addition to stick/puck marks, which themselves can be tricky because of creasing in the picture or shadowing.

To give you an example, I photomatched a Lumberjacks jersey to this ridiculously small picture based on the rotated All-Sport patch placement and the strange location of the Bauer logo. And that's on a shirt that has a ton of wear to it, none of which can be clearly seen.

jbcle3.jpg

From the pic of the front of the jersey that you provided, it almost looks like the crest runs uphill to the right.

I will post some more pics of the jersey tonight along with some other pics from the game. I do have a lead on a HD copy of the 3/24/11 game so that might help at some point too.

Nathan here are some more pics of the jersey (let me know if you want another angle) and a few more bad pics.

Mayorov2009-20102010-2011PreseasonJerseyFront.jpg

Mayorov2009-20102010-2011PreseasonJerseyBack.jpg

P1000569-1.jpg

P1000570.jpg

P1000571.jpg

P1000573.jpg

untitled12.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

untitled2222.jpg

untitled222255.jpg

Here is a link to the video the above shots are from.

Nathan here are some more pics of the jersey (let me know if you want another angle) and a few more bad pics.

The pics will probably suffice; I may have to do some scrounging and see if there's anything I can turn up as far as possible matches go. On the plus side, if it's being narrowed down to one single game, it'll make it a bit easier.

Thanks Nathan, I appreciate the help and if you want to see the jersey in person let me know. Mayorov only played two road games last year, this game on 3/24/11 and in Washington on 3/31/11. I have a nice high res shot from worm ups of the 3/31/11 game and you can clearly see that the 10 year patch is not in the same position as my jersey. Of course this gos out the door if he changed to a different jersey for the game.

Anyone know where I can get AHL pictures, particularly for the Manchester Monarchs? I'm trying to match this jersey, which you would think would not be that hard, except that I can't find pictures. I don't know how many jersey sets AHL teams typically use, especially in the alternate jerseys. Assuming there's only one set, I have to guess it's from later in the season (or at least in the time period for the set), since otherwise they probably would have repaired it, wouldn't they?

Johnson.jpg

Sent you this pic in PM. That's your match. Not a game pic but it's a definite match.

JJBlackJersey.jpg

Just wanted to take a guess, that purple stitching probably is a result of adding another fight strap. A lot of guys who fight a lot have multiple fight straps added.

I realize that wasn't quite match related, but let me know if my theory is correct Seedmaya.

Just wanted to take a guess, that purple stitching probably is a result of adding another fight strap. A lot of guys who fight a lot have multiple fight straps added.

I realize that wasn't quite match related, but let me know if my theory is correct Seedmaya.

You might be right, although if that is the case, it's been torn out or something. There is a piece of fight strap material behind that purple stitching, but it's only about an inch wide, there's not a whole fight strap there. Can that happen as a result of a fight, or would they have torn it out afterward? I guess I'm not sure why it would be gone, but I can believe it was there at some point and that's why it's stitched.

• 2 weeks later...

More of a show and tell rather than is it a match.

kopire.jpg

kopi12411photomatch.jpg

Original owner said I could probably find a better pic, but it's a good start.

• 1 month later...

not many pictures of rookie matt calvert from his first few games, so I had to go to video...

I wanted to prove that the jersey I have is the one he wore when he scored his first NHL goal and point vs LAK on 1/8/11. Looks like I have proof! But, of course, it'd be nice to hear some confirmation so I know I'm not just seeing what I want to see.

There are also two marks on the front right shoulder that match as well, but I haven't photographed that part of the jersey yet...

stick mark, player's right elbow

6138169589_46ae852958_b.jpg

6131886508_2455b980ba_z.jpg

No, I was thinking that also. That's some serious HD right there. How'd you get that!?

it's a screen grab from NHL GameCenter. It's well worth it just for the fun of scanning old games to get through the summer, or in this case, photo/video matching. it's not the best video overall, this is an unusually clear frame. In others, the mark I'm looking for is washed out. Overall though, the quality is good and I have access to every NHL game back to 2007-08 season in varying degrees of quality. Current, live games would be at 3600 Kbps (if I remember right). archived games are available at 1800 Kbps or 800 Kbps depending on what bandwidth you have available on your internet connection. This grab is from a full screen 1800 Kbps game, and has been reduced, so it looks a little more clear than it might at full screen.