Canada Post strike details

Thelonious Sphere Monk

Looks like Canada post will strike on the 25th of this month.

Hopefully eveything you have in transist will land before then and eveything else after should be sent out UPS/FEDEX/Purolator/DHL or any other 3rd party courior.

HAPPY TIMES!! (oh god my poor jerseys)

Brilliant edit: Strike over! YAY!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not heard about this will have to look into it as I would be lost with the PONY EXPRESS

Ya I got a Lemieux jersey in transit right now also.

I don't think it will make the boarder by the strike.

Well for you Canadians I hope this issue is resolved. It's never good to hear postal issues, especially with how important the mail is in North America and around the world. The US had a near postal shut down not too long ago. Thank goodness it did not go through.

Good news for now, lets hope it holds up for a few weeks, I have a few things to be delivered :(

I picked up my package today. woot!

Does anyone know what the status is for the strike?

Im looking at buying a jersey but am holding off on it in hopes that a decision gets made soon

Well this is just great...it's a good thing the guys I bought my Nords jersey from LAST SATURDAY didn't ship it until TODAY. Idiots. Now it's almost CERTAIN to get clogged up in this garbage. Why can't you lousy Canucks get your postal service together like ours is?

Well this is just great...it's a good thing the guys I bought my Nords jersey from LAST SATURDAY didn't ship it until TODAY. Idiots. Now it's almost CERTAIN to get clogged up in this garbage. Why can't you lousy Canucks get your postal service together like ours is?

Honestly, our postal system sucks. The people (or at least the people I have dealt with) couldnt care less about the customers and they flat out rob you in terms of price.

Iv gotten jerseys from the States that took a week to deliver and it cost less than $8 to ship (I will admit it was first class). Anything that I need sent to the states is at least $20-25 and its the same within Canada. I shipped out a jersey to Saskatoon from just outside Toronto and it was like $24.

EDIT - sorry double post

I have a jersey coming in from Frisco that wont make it..

sux.

I hear that instead of a strike all around Canada, it is a strike that is rotating. So it would be from one city, then another city. This explains how I got my mail Friday. :stickhndl:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/top-business-stories/from-winnipeg-to-hamilton-rotating-postal-strikes-useless/article2046606/

My jersey made it fine in the end!

http://clients.infopost.ca/en/

Here's all the info day by day.

Kitchener and QC next.

And now Canada Post has locked out employees :(

Wonderful. Now I have to contact the three places I have stuff coming from and tell them to ship something other than CP. ARGH! You lousy canucks!!

I luckily got a David Legwand gamer across the border right before this went into effect...whew.

So what are the most cost efficient ways to get packages shipped from Canada to the USA?

I have heard about taxes and duties, does anyone know how these are calculated,

or better yet how to avoid them altogether?

So what are the most cost efficient ways to get packages shipped from Canada to the USA?

I have heard about taxes and duties, does anyone know how these are calculated,

or better yet how to avoid them altogether?

I think Purolator is still operating even though it is owned by Canada Post somewhat. UPS is expensive and I don't know about Fedex. I think Purolator is the cheapest option.

I think Purolator is still operating even though it is owned by Canada Post somewhat. UPS is expensive and I don't know about Fedex. I think Purolator is the cheapest option.

I am going to go over the boarder as I live 15 minutes away and mail from there and also open a mail box address ###### Canada post for know .