Best way to get an Islanders Wave/Fisherman jersey?

flyhighguys94

I really want one of these style jerseys either replica or authentic but is eBay the only way to get them? I wanna try and find a decent deal but anything on eBay seems to be too expensive or too small..its gotta at least be xl or larger.

Any stores still carry these?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want one of these style jerseys either replica or authentic but is eBay the only way to get them? I wanna try and find a decent deal but anything on eBay seems to be too expensive or too small..its gotta at least be xl or larger.

Any stores still carry these?

Ebay.

I've seen replica's in a store in Brooklyn but they wanted 80 bucks for a blank replica, I think that's a bit expensive.

Ya i should be able to reel one in on ebay...i thought that was very neccessary haha

I don't know if you're ever in Manhattan but about a month and a half ago I was taken aback after seeing one in the window of some shop on the Lower East Side (I want to say on Essex Street, but not 100% sure.. around that area near Doughnut Planet, that awesome Pickles Place and Economy Candy). I didn't walk in so I have no idea what their supply is like or if they are even real, but the next time I'm in that area I'll definitely check it out.

Do you remember the name of the shop, or cross streets?

Unfortunately no, I was in a rush at the time and as I was walked by my eyes were zeroed in on just the jersey. It was on a main street though - I bet it was Essex. Next time I go down there I will find it again and give the name of the shop. I wasn't on too many different streets when down there, and next time I go it will probably be the same exact walking route again.

If they have a supply, check the prices and PM me lol. :thumbsup:

My goal is to get a jersey for every player from the 1996-1997 team

If you go down there anytime soon check out the price on them. It may be worth me taking a trip up to the city. Thanks for the help.

Kurt, stop posting the same exact thing as me at the same time! It is freaky! :thumbsup:

After 3 name your favorite dinosaur...1,2,3 Velociraptor......Did we just become best friends?

After 3 name your favorite dinosaur...1,2,3 Velociraptor......Did we just become best friends?

Haha great movie! My guidance counselor came into one of my classes yesterday, slamed a desk and yelled "Catalina Wine Mixer"...highlight of the school year :thumbsup:

I lucked out on my Fisherman, a buddy of mine on a completely different collecting site (nothing to do with hockey) posted some jerseys and he offered it to me for $100. For an authentic Ziggy Fisherman, I almost crapped myself.

With that said...eBay. Unless you know creepy collectors.

Google Street View makes everything so much easier:

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/374/screenshot20110504at702.png

It's Eisner Bros., 77 Essex Street.

Reminder I never went inside to check, so for all I know that one in the window was the only one. Next time I'm in that area I will definitely go in and look though.

I never get down there lol. Where do you live that you'd be walking in that area?

I live on the Upper East Side, so I really am rarely in that area but it happens. Sometimes I go out to eat there.

The Meatball Shop on Stanton and Allen Street will be the best meatball sub you ever have in your life.

Doughnut Plant on Essex and Grand will be the best donut you have.

When I saw the fisherman jersey my girlfriend and I were walking from one to the other. :P

It's also right by the Williamsburg Bridge for anyone who comes into the city that way from Brooklyn/LI.

Ahh. I live on the Upper West Side. I've heard of both of those places but haven't been to either yet. I'll have to check them out lol. I love food in NYC like nobody's business.

Ahh. I live on the Upper West Side. I've heard of both of those places but haven't been to either yet. I'll have to check them out lol. I love food in NYC like nobody's business.

:thumbsup: I got a cookie from Levain Bakery the other day and I think it was the best thing I've ever eaten. It was well worth the bus trip across the park.

Haha yesssssssss I go there all the time. It's on my walk home from school. Go to Jacques Torres for spicy hot chocolate during the winter. It's right there on Amsterdam.

Build a time machine and go back 12 years when RCS was selling authentic ones for $35.

Seriously?? Jesus I loved these when I was a kid I would have grabbed some :(

Some? I would have bought them out lol!

I got my 2 fisherman authentics for $30/ea. :thumbsup:

Seriously. They had Louisville Panthers and Detroit Vipers for $10 around that time too. I should have bought a couple more Fishermen.

Seriously. They had Louisville Panthers and Detroit Vipers for $10 around that time too. I should have bought a couple more Fishermen.

Oh no dont tell me that...who wants to purchase my entire collection so i can start funding a time machine and get us all fisherman jerseys?

I guess im just gonna have to get lucky like Johnny and Jeremy, time will tell.