Is this one of the new 11-12 jerseys?

OR68

I'm watching the warmup for game 1 and I can confirm that both Boston and Vancouver are wearing the Vector on the back of their jerseys.

Watching AHL Finals Game 3 (First home game for Bingo), and again Bingo is using the text rather than the vector. I'd expect we'll see those shirts on ebay again and that they will switch back to the vector logo for Games 4/5.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stam_54_656x369.jpg?cb=1308791026

New screenshots for NHL 12 show Stamkos having the Reebok wordmark on the back of his jersey instead of the vector. I think we can bet on all teams having that now.

The pants are wrong in that screenshot, there should be no vertical white lines.

Also if you look closely, the jersey Stamkos is wearing on the cover has the vector.

http://www.ea.com/nhl/1/nhl-12

The AHL Finals started this weekend, and the new Finals only set worn by Binghampton in Game 1 had the new logo, while the set worn all season was worn in Game 2.

Game 1:

Game 2:

They seem to be auctioning off the ones with the vector from the Calder Cup finals.

Binghampton Senators Team Shop - Ebay

The pants are wrong in that screenshot, there should be no vertical white lines.

Also if you look closely, the jersey Stamkos is wearing on the cover has the vector.

The cover art is a very clear photoshop, look at the sleeve numbers. I still think even if the part stripes are wrong, the wordmark is right. Why would they have it different than everyone else for no reason?

Well explaining the vector on the jersey, I'm sure they have a photoshopped cover before having a photoshoot for the actual cover. For example what they did a month back when Peyton Hillis was named to the cover of Madden.

I have a question for you guys who are so staunchly against this maneuver by Reebok: How is this any different than when CCM/KOHO were on the neck? I know both were company logos as well but they were still wordmarks such as this, right? I actually don't mind the Reebok wordmark. But, only as long as it STAYS ON THE BACK OF THE NECK.

Here's the deal with the Wordmark.

RBK has officially switched all their existing jersey styles that are being produced to the Wordmark (all levels of hockey). This includes NEW orders of last years styled jersey and the new styles being made for next season.

They are STILL producing the 2010-2011 exclusive style jerseys (Buffalo 40th, Winter Classic, Canucks 40th, etc..) but they have switched the vector to the wordmark for those styles aswell as the production line has been updated with the wordmark patch. (Premiers are heat pressed, Authentics stitched)

Going into 2011-12 season all teams will have the wordmark as mentioned on both Retail Premiers and Authentics. No word if the Retail Authentics will be 1.0 or 2.0 yet.

Currently, stores in Vancouver are selling the Vector and Wordmarked Premiers at the same price point, the intention is to clear them out at retail prices and not discount them as it's not a major manufacturing change. The apparent intention was to create better brand awareness (like CCM/Koho had done) with a visible brand name.

All this info has come from an RBK distributor in Burnaby B.C. so should be fairly accurate.

I wonder if this applies to my North Dakota. UND uses the wordmark on front just below the V-Neck, but did have a vector on the back below the collar.

But, only as long as it STAYS ON THE BACK OF THE NECK.

That is my sole concern. I prefer the vector logo to the wordmark, but as long as it's not on the front of the jersey I don't care too much.

It will be annoying from an accuracy standpoint since for most teams the style will stay the same but the back neck logo/wordmark will be different. But even that isn't a huge, since an Edge 1.0 isn't truly accurate for most teams/players anyway.

That is my sole concern. I prefer the vector logo to the wordmark, but as long as it's not on the front of the jersey I don't care too much.

It will be annoying from an accuracy standpoint since for most teams the style will stay the same but the back neck logo/wordmark will be different. But even that isn't a huge, since an Edge 1.0 isn't truly accurate for most teams/players anyway.

Good point Matt. I don't care too much either, and I agree that I like the vector better than the wordmark. When you think about it, it's not TOO different from when team's had CCM and Koho on the back of the neck too. I would consider those wordmarks. So to me it's not annoying enough NOT to buy these "new" jerseys. Though I am going to try and pick up the current EDGEs with the vector so I don't have to get the newer ones. :D