This Thing is Disgusting

So the Gwinnett Gladiators of the ECHL are having their 'Pink in the Rink' event this weekend and will be reportedly sporting these jerseys:

199910_10150154636839976_38324224975_8106797_6629293_n.jpg

I personally do not like them at all. The theme is apparently 'Margaritaville'. Thoughts?

Here's a thought... What does that gross looking Margarittaville jersey have to do with ''Pink in the Rink''?

Most teams have pink jerseys which makes sense to fit the theme.

thats a great question. Why didnt they just stick with this one?:

21856_315388089975_38324224975_4597487_3626213_n.jpg

21856_315388164975_38324224975_4597493_6288388_n.jpg

Its a very nice tribute to the Atlanta KNights from the ihl in the 90's. Consistency isnt a bad thing ya know?

Well, as long as it's not Pink in the Sti...ahh, I better not.

lmfao.

thats a great question. Why didnt they just stick with this one?:

Its a very nice tribute to the Atlanta KNights from the ihl in the 90's. Consistency isnt a bad thing ya know?

Because the team probably auctions off these jerseys at the end of the night to raise money. If someone owns the "Knights" jersey from last year, why would they pay for a new one? Most people just comment on the ugliness of the jersey without ever realizing that people do pay money for the gamers and that money goes to charity and/or the team. Sure it would be cool if a team took my ideas seriously, but in the end these promotions help keep minor league teams afloat sometimes, and people rarely realize that.

Because the team probably auctions off these jerseys at the end of the night to raise money. If someone owns the "Knights" jersey from last year, why would they pay for a new one? Most people just comment on the ugliness of the jersey without ever realizing that people do pay money for the gamers and that money goes to charity and/or the team. Sure it would be cool if a team took my ideas seriously, but in the end these promotions help keep minor league teams afloat sometimes, and people rarely realize that.

i do realise that. But im just speaking about the design. Maybe better design would=larger donations?

Welcome to the minors. That's the way they do promotional jerseys. It won't change. If you see a design you like, make sure you get one at that time, because it won't be worn/made again. And remember, just because you don't like a certain style, it doesn't mean that someone else won't like it and pay big money for it, usually for charity.

That thing is disgustingly awesome, I'd love to get my hands on one.

Me too!

well if yall are feeling up to it, they are being auctioned off tomorrow and i could try to get you one but unfortunately i dont have that kind of money. sorry

Top bid i saw at the auction before i left was i believe $2650 (american). Over $20000 was raised for local charities and hospitals.