My Stanley Cup Vow!

bjd624

From an Avs fan, i'd be expecting more from the Raycroft bashing.

Lol, I like to keep people guessing. I have only seen him play the Wild in person. I wasn't impressed. Thats my opinion however.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luongo sucks. Way to much hype on that dude. I can't believe Vancouver shelled that much cash on him. I believe he's with the Canucks for 12 years?

Also you have to look at Rick DiPietro and put him in that same boat. He signed a 12 or 13 year deal with NYI too and look what he's done...... NOTHING much last season, but I know he was injured. I think Rick is WAY overpaid, but Luongo is worth it because solid goaltending is somewhat difficult to come by these days. And no, Leighton, Halak, and Varlamov aren't GOOD solid goaltenders - they really aren't proven yet.

Emery was only a 1 year contract. He will not be back, and might never play again, i really hope its not the case though, but his hip condition is extremely degenerative.

I would think that the Flyers are more likely to make a move for Dan Ellis or Marty Turco, as they require no assets leaving. If we did move Carter for a goalie, the only scenario I see not ending with me holding a pitchfork and torch and running Holmgren out of town would involve Bernier and a few other pieces coming our way.

Otherwise, we keep it simple and use the cap bump to sign one of the above goalies and have Boucher, not Leighton, as a back-up.

I'm not a Flyers fan, but I HIGHLY doubt Holmgren will trade Carter, Richards, Briere, Gagne, or Giroux. Those guys are the Flyers core. But what you said about another goalie coming in - Turco, etc. - may happen. I personally wouldn't be surprised if the Flyers kept the combo of Boucher and Leighton. Brian sorta got screwed because he was played decently well in the playoffs and got injured in the Boston series, which allowed Leighton to step in. I think Laviolette should have given Boucher the starts when he became 100% healthy again. The starting job was his and why would you go against the grain of having him in net when we know Leighton is inconsistent and had little experience in the playoffs.

As another above post said, yes, I believe MANY of the Flyers will ask for raises because of their run to the Final this year. Granted, a good majority are under contract for next year, but I don't see the raises hurting their cap space or them trying to bring in some big stars.

In my opinion, Hartnell should be gone. Sure the guy gives some pretty good effort, but at $4 million a year the Flyers could easily find a guy to replace him that has better production over the course of a season. Not to mention that Hartnell is a GOON and takes a lot of stupid penalties that drag down the team.

I don't think Holmgren will trade Richards, Giroux, or JVR. In terms of Briere, Gagne, Hartnell, and Carter, only Carter doesn't have some form of no movement/trade clause. Also consider that of those players, Carter is by leaps and bounds the most trade-able asset. I am not advocating doing it one way or another, but if the right deal came along for either a potential franchise goaltender, with some picks/prospects added, or a scoring winger, it would stupid to not take a deal because he is part of a 'core.'

If you look at our potential talent for the top forward spots, there are just too many centers, and most become less effective when asked to play the wing. I would compare it to the position the Penguins find themselves in with Malkin. Many are suggesting moving him if the right deal comes along because you just don't have depth at the wing position. If the right deal comes along, expect him to get shipped out.

Low blow.

What? And Flyers fans are known for winning gracefully? :rolleyes:

I'm not a Flyers fan, but if I were I'd have no problems putting a cup patch on a jersey in recognition of all they accomplished this season especially after having to firing their coach mid-season.

What's firing a coach got to do with anything? Last year of the four final teams, Carolina, Pittsburgh & Chicago all fired their coaches mid-season. It's like you almost have to do it these days...

What? And Flyers fans are known for winning gracefully? :rolleyes:

Man am I sick of this. This is the oldest thing in the book, and just untrue. I'm a Flyers fan, do you see me taunting everyone on the boards, being an overly naive homer or anything adverse to the notion? The fans that blindly complain about the Flyers' fans as a generalization are the real problem. Yawn, I wish people would find something else to complain about.

Imagine what it feels like to be a fan of both the Hurricanes and the Coyotes . I read the comments on TSN.ca and feel like a terrorist because i support two "undeserving non" hockey markets, just brutal, lol

I was really pushing for the Flyers to go atleast 7. I have great respect for Lavi and everything he did for my organization and would have liked to see him win another. Havent heard much on the Flyers fans but Phillies fans for that matter...............is another story :D

Imagine what it feels like to be a fan of both the Hurricanes and the Coyotes . I read the comments on TSN.ca and feel like a terrorist because i support two "undeserving non" hockey markets, just brutal, lol

I was really pushing for the Flyers to go atleast 7. I have great respect for Lavi and everything he did for my organization and would have liked to see him win another. Havent heard much on the Flyers fans but Phillies fans for that matter...............is another story :D

Don't get me started :D

EDIT: Just wanted to clear up I'm a Mets fan and this is friendly banter.

Just stop reading comments on TSN, it's mostly a bunch of elitist homes that think every team sucks and is undeserving of life. I sympathize with you. And yea, I love Lavi and I'm so glad we have him, especially because I thought Stevens was the worst coach imaginable. And Phillies' fans, you're hearing from the bandwagoners. I'm proud when my team wins and I will support them, but I try not to do it at the expense of another. Hell, I was on another board congratulating Hawks fans that were mocking the life out of me, it was infuriating.

Just stop reading comments on TSN, it's mostly a bunch of elitist homes that think every team sucks and is undeserving of life. I sympathize with you. And yea, I love Lavi and I'm so glad we have him, especially because I thought Stevens was the worst coach imaginable. And Phillies' fans, you're hearing from the bandwagoners. I'm proud when my team wins and I will support them, but I try not to do it at the expense of another. Hell, I was on another board congratulating Hawks fans that were mocking the life out of me, it was infuriating.

The Flyers played a hell of a series, they are a tough tough team. Of course, my heart is with the Hawks, and I really didn't want to see a Game 7! A great series by both teams, I'm just happy the Men of the Four Feathers won :)

Now, hopefully they won't get too beat up with the pending salary cap issues on the horizon, and I can get my Versteeg home jersey. Or Bolland. He's a bad Arse :)

I wish people would find something else to complain about.

The Flyers jerseys are really ugly.

The Flyers jerseys are really ugly.

Cute.

I don't think Holmgren will trade Richards, Giroux, or JVR. In terms of Briere, Gagne, Hartnell, and Carter, only Carter doesn't have some form of no movement/trade clause. Also consider that of those players, Carter is by leaps and bounds the most trade-able asset. I am not advocating doing it one way or another, but if the right deal came along for either a potential franchise goaltender, with some picks/prospects added, or a scoring winger, it would stupid to not take a deal because he is part of a 'core.'

If you look at our potential talent for the top forward spots, there are just too many centers, and most become less effective when asked to play the wing. I would compare it to the position the Penguins find themselves in with Malkin. Many are suggesting moving him if the right deal comes along because you just don't have depth at the wing position. If the right deal comes along, expect him to get shipped out.

The Flyers need Carter to go along with Richards, they are a tandem comparable to Toews and Kane on the Blackhawks. If Kane left Chicago, that would hurt them. I think if Carter left, it would hurt the Flyers. Yes, he could be traded, but I don't think he's worth as much as a player like Malkin. Carter doesn't put up huge numbers, which I believe slightly hurts his trade value. This brings me to that the Penguins won't trade him. Honestly, Pittsburgh would want a lot in return for him because of his value (and Malkin is worth A LOT), but it doesn't make sense to trade him because the players you would get in return would likely EQUAL or be GREATER than his current salary. Doesn't make sense to me for one second. NHL fans forget that Malkin missed 15 games this year and still totaled in the 70 point range - that's over one point per game. How can you argue against that? Had he played the full 82 games, Evgeni would have been close to 100 points, which I think would quell any trade rumors.

But you can blame the media for the Malkin trade nonsense. The Penguins were the Champs last year and the media wanted some story to exploit and exaggerate since we were eliminated early in the 2010 playoffs.

Even look at the Hossa to Pittsburgh trade a couple years ago: Atlanta traded Hossa and Pascal Dupuis for Colby Armstrong, Erik Christiansen, Angelo Esposito (a minor league 1st round prospect) and a 1st round draft pick.

That trade was a rental and a TOTAL salary dump for Atlanta. Honestly, the Penguins would want more than 2 young players, a top prospect, and a 1st round pick for Geno. Trust me, teams won't be willing to give that up. I mean come on, the Leafs traded 2 1st rounders for Phil Kessel........

The Flyers need Carter to go along with Richards, they are a tandem comparable to Toews and Kane on the Blackhawks. If Kane left Chicago, that would hurt them. I think if Carter left, it would hurt the Flyers. Yes, he could be traded, but I don't think he's worth as much as a player like Malkin. Carter doesn't put up huge numbers, which I believe slightly hurts his trade value. This brings me to that the Penguins won't trade him. Honestly, Pittsburgh would want a lot in return for him because of his value (and Malkin is worth A LOT), but it doesn't make sense to trade him because the players you would get in return would likely EQUAL or be GREATER than his current salary. Doesn't make sense to me for one second. NHL fans forget that Malkin missed 15 games this year and still totaled in the 70 point range - that's over one point per game. How can you argue against that? Had he played the full 82 games, Evgeni would have been close to 100 points, which I think would quell any trade rumors.

But you can blame the media for the Malkin trade nonsense. The Penguins were the Champs last year and the media wanted some story to exploit and exaggerate since we were eliminated early in the 2010 playoffs.

Even look at the Hossa to Pittsburgh trade a couple years ago: Atlanta traded Hossa and Pascal Dupuis for Colby Armstrong, Erik Christiansen, Angelo Esposito (a minor league 1st round prospect) and a 1st round draft pick.

That trade was a rental and a TOTAL salary dump for Atlanta. Honestly, the Penguins would want more than 2 young players, a top prospect, and a 1st round pick for Geno. Trust me, teams won't be willing to give that up. I mean come on, the Leafs traded 2 1st rounders for Phil Kessel........

I would consider being second in goals to Ovechkin two years ago a big number, and he was on pace for 40+ again this year before getting hurt. In terms of him and Richards being a pair, I disagree, Kane and Toews play different positions, which allows them to occasionally play together. Carter needs to learn to play the wing this off season if he truly wants to be untradeable, and I just don't see him being that effective on the wing, it doesn't suit his game, he creates an uneccessary glutton of centers and if the right package comes along, I would not mind seeing him let go. But it definitely has to be the right package.

Only a joke! You HAVE seen my sig haven't you?

Effin' Olli Jokinen.

For the record, when Boucher was doing his celebration after that save, he was saying 'F*ck you Henrik Lundqvist' as he was punching the air, true story, I spoke with him about it later that night.

But for real, I feel really bad that you guys have this great franchise goalie who will never raise a cup as long as Sather is the Rangers GM.

For the record, when Boucher was doing his celebration after that save, he was saying 'F*ck you Henrik Lundqvist' as he was punching the air, true story, I spoke with him about it later that night.

But for real, I feel really bad that you guys have this great franchise goalie who will never raise a cup as long as Sather is the Rangers GM.

Classy through and through, just like the rest of his teammates. ;) Me, I would've skated right up to John Tortorella and said "Tell Glen thanks for trading for Mr. Potato Head over there."

A guy that posts on a Rangers board I frequent got to go to a season subscriber lunch with Henrik Lundqvist, and Hank said that he feels like he needs the team needs to be good and fast so his prime doesn't get wasted. Which is exactly what we're doing with Vinny Prospal or Brandon Dubinsky as our #1 center. Oh wait...

Sigh. :(

Flountown, by saying Carter and Richards are a tandem, I mean they work together when they play on the ice. For example, on offense, on the PP, and on the PK - I know Richards plays on the Flyers PK, but I'm not sure about Carter, though I would assume he does. They work pretty well together. Jeff and Mike don't put up huge point totals, but they do the small things that let the Flyers win, particularly in the postseason. I'm saying if Carter left it would be difficult for Richards to develop some chemistry with another guy like Jeff on the current squad. But I guess if the Flyers were to trade him, it would depend on what they get in return. If it's another Carter-like player, then Richards may gel with him.

But I think the goalie issue is #1 for the Flyers right now, not Jeff Carter potentially being traded.

Goalie situation not getting any better as the Flyers sign Backlund to a multi year deal. What are they thinking now?

Goalie situation not getting any better as the Flyers sign Backlund to a multi year deal. What are they thinking now?

They are thinking that a Dan Ellis or Marty Turco signing should bridge the gap until one of Backlund, Bobrovsky, Eriksson, or Riopel are ready to step in.

It's something I applaud Holmgren for, our goalie prospects are pretty solid right now.

Classy through and through, just like the rest of his teammates. ;) Me, I would've skated right up to John Tortorella and said "Tell Glen thanks for trading for Mr. Potato Head over there."

A guy that posts on a Rangers board I frequent got to go to a season subscriber lunch with Henrik Lundqvist, and Hank said that he feels like he needs the team needs to be good and fast so his prime doesn't get wasted. Which is exactly what we're doing with Vinny Prospal or Brandon Dubinsky as our #1 center. Oh wait...

Sigh. :(

For the record, I hate that you guys call them season subscribers... I am much happier to be a season ticket holder than a season subscriber...

For the record, I hate that you guys call them season subscribers... I am much happier to be a season ticket holder than a season subscriber...

With this team you never really hold anything. They hold your wallet while all the money falls out. :(

Seems to be a New York thing...I wonder how much it cost the dude mentioned earlier to have lunch with Henrik Lunqvist.

IIRC it may have been a promotional thing and he won tickets. They are doing another one of those things with Brandon Dubinsky too, which is kind of cool.

Talk about rolling the dice.... I wonder what will happen with Boucher / Leighton. If a FA goalie is going to be brought in, can you say draft day trade?