My Stanley Cup Vow!

bjd624

Age is important and all, but there are plenty of 30-35 year olds I would take over 20-25 year olds. That's a factor, albeit not a determinative one.

Agree to disagree....

I will wrap this up via Poem...

Briere is injury prone

Briere is old

Briere lacks the upside

That Jeff Carter holds

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Low blow.

Well this loss definitely scaled back the number I might buy.

I think I will be getting a Leino and Hartnell as I believe they were the two best Finals performers. I will wait to get a Richards SCF jersey until he actually receives the trophy. Same with Pronger, although I might be getting a Ducks one down the road from 2007.

As for trading Carter, I understand that 40+ goal scorers don't grow on trees, and I don't think Briere is a substitute. I do however think the Flyers need more scoring from wingers. Carter is a guy who needs to have the puck to be successful, this in turn gives him the puck hog mentality. Granted, I am not going to complain about a guy who scores 40 goals but it definitely reduces the production of other people on his line. Also, him being a center and not a wing, gives us a log jam because we have 4 people who are capable of being top 6 centers. So either Carter has to learn to play the wing, or what I would ideally want, and understanding this is a pipe dream, is to trade him for Bobby Ryan, as he is a Philly area kid, loves the Flyers and I think they both have equal potential in terms of numbers. Its just a scoring winger would fit better with the personnel we have right now.

To all sewing machine experts out there: I wanted to know if it's possible to sew the two 2010 Stanley Cup patches I bought to each respective toilet in my house?

Yeah IIRC the Wolves pulled in around 12k while the Hawks drew something around 10k. This year was the perfect storm for bandwagoners though because all the teams in the area are beyond awful, especially since the Cubs are awful even with their low standards, which unfortunately means all the douchebags in the area have nowhere to turn but the Hawks bandwagon. The hardcore fans that lived through the Dollar Bill era are great but now are vastly outnumbered by the bandwagoners around here, you should see the horrible fakes that gets worn around here. Sort of the same unfortunate byproduct of success that I have seen with the Caps.

I actually believe that the Hawks reached the 9000 numbers at times.

To all sewing machine experts out there: I wanted to know if it's possible to sew the two 2010 Stanley Cup patches I bought to each respective toilet in my house?

Thats the same kind of garvage i heard when the Flames lost to the lightning,

put them on your jerseys.

The Flyers had a heck of a turn-around this season and made a great run in the playoffs, don't forget that.

They barely made it into the playoffs, going to a shootout in their final game. Then they clawed their way to the finals, overcoming a 3-0 deficit to Boston. Then they took two games in the finals and pushed Game 6 to OT.

I'm not a Flyers fan, but if I were I'd have no problems putting a cup patch on a jersey in recognition of all they accomplished this season especially after having to firing their coach mid-season.

Seriously. They went from fighting the Canes for Taylor Hall to 2 wins away from Lord Stanley's Mug. Pretty ###### special, and this is coming from a diehard Rangers fan.

Seriously. They went from fighting the Canes for Taylor Hall to 2 wins away from Lord Stanley's Mug. Pretty ###### special, and this is coming from a diehard Rangers fan.

Haha unfortunately we weren't battling for Hall though, we were battling for the Ducks to get Hall haha.

I stand corrected. Just trying to bring some humor in all of this. I am proud of the team, just a little down in the dumps right now. Sorry for the toilet comment. What will we do to get that shutdown goaltender in the off season?

I stand corrected. Just trying to bring some humor in all of this. I am proud of the team, just a little down in the dumps right now. Sorry for the toilet comment. What will we do to get that shutdown goaltender in the off season?

Have fun with Ray Emery!

And Right Johnny I forgot your pick went to Anaheim!

Emery's a UFA and likely done for his career. He's not coming back. We'll re-sign Leighton and HOPEFULLY get Vokoun, Nabby or Luongo. Maybe even Halak.

Emery's a UFA and likely done for his career. He's not coming back. We'll re-sign Leighton and HOPEFULLY get Vokoun, Nabby or Luongo. Maybe even Halak.

I'll say this, The Canucks will not let go Luongo until Corey Schneider has proven himself as a NHL caliber starter. The other 3 are possibilities, Halak probabaly the least likely of those other 3 goalies.

Didn't Luongo just sign a MASSIVE extension too?

Massive in length and amount. The Flyers wouldnt be able to afford him. They had the depth on their team because their collective goaltenders had a cap hit under 3 million when Emery was healthy...

You put Luongo on that team, you lose the equivalent of Hartnell, Coburn and Lapereirre

if the fly guys pick up nabokov or vokoun ill faint! ive always loved both of themmm

Somehow I don't see them doing that. It was a goaltending carousel for the Flyers this season as their goalies had difficulty in staying healthy. I would think Emery would be bought out or won't return, and either Boucher or Leighton would be the backup if the Flyers hunt for a #1 goalie. But I also could see them sticking with Leighton/Boucher unless another team throws a ton of money at one of them. Don't know, will be interesting to see what will happen.

Carter makes $5, Gagne makes $5. There's $10M right there cutting loose ends, plenty to work with. I'm worried for 2 years from now when Giroux and Leino will get BIG raises.

Somehow I don't see them doing that. It was a goaltending carousel for the Flyers this season as their goalies had difficulty in staying healthy. I would think Emery would be bought out or won't return, and either Boucher or Leighton would be the backup if the Flyers hunt for a #1 goalie. But I also could see them sticking with Leighton/Boucher unless another team throws a ton of money at one of them. Don't know, will be interesting to see what will happen.

Emery was only a 1 year contract. He will not be back, and might never play again, i really hope its not the case though, but his hip condition is extremely degenerative.

I would think that the Flyers are more likely to make a move for Dan Ellis or Marty Turco, as they require no assets leaving. If we did move Carter for a goalie, the only scenario I see not ending with me holding a pitchfork and torch and running Holmgren out of town would involve Bernier and a few other pieces coming our way.

Otherwise, we keep it simple and use the cap bump to sign one of the above goalies and have Boucher, not Leighton, as a back-up.

Luongo sucks. Way to much hype on that dude. I can't believe Vancouver shelled that much cash on him. I believe he's with the Canucks for 12 years?

Luongo sucks. Way to much hype on that dude. I can't believe Vancouver shelled that much cash on him. I believe he's with the Canucks for 12 years?

From an Avs fan, i'd be expecting more from the Raycroft bashing.