Just wanted to introduce myself

Curry1fan

So I found these boards through browsing Ice Jerseys one day and finally bucked up and joined so I just wanted to introduce myself.

I am from Wilkes-Barre, PA and I am a #1 fan of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the AHL. I went to my first game here in 2001 and was hooked ever since...over the last few years I've taken a great interest in following the AHL and the NHL as a whole and consider myself a more all around fan as opposed to just a Pens fan. I've even been to a few ECHL games.

As far as my jersey collection goes, I pretty much fell into the hobby. The first two jerseys I received were both WBS Pens jerseys that were birthday gifts in 2003 and 2005. In 2006, I brought a jersey by myself and had it customized in 2007. When I saw the amazing job that had been done, I made it my goal to get more jerseys. Since I've only been out of school less than a year and I'm not making a ton of money right now, I am only focused on replicas right now but I hope someday I will be well off enough to add an authentic or a game worn. The goal of my collection will be Penguins players from both here and Pittsburgh...I plan on using organization jerseys as well as jerseys of other teams the players have played on. Here is what I have so far (I need to make a photo album though haha):

No longer wear/put away in back of closet and need something to do with:

WBS Pens 2002-2003 warmup; no name but a LOT of autographs I collected over 3-4 years. Stopped getting it signed in 2006 because I was out of room.

WBS Pens 2004-2005 blue alternate jersey; no name. Some autographs, but not as many as the 2002-2003 jersey.

Currently wearing:

WBS Pens current RBK style/white replica. No name, but getting full of autographs. Also has WBS 10th anniversary patch that I bought and ironed on myself

WBS Pens Tyler Kennedy away jersey (2006-2007 CCM/RBK style)

Pittsburgh Pens Sidney Crosby home jersey with the captain C (has a couple of minor flaws, but they are not noticeable really so I can't complain)

Pittsburgh Pens Max Talbot away jersey with Pittsburgh 250 patch and Stanley Cup finals patch

Rimouski Oceanic Sidney Crosby jersey (the primarily blue one) with alternate captain A

Some of the jerseys I hope to add over time:

WBS Pens John Curry away style

Mario Lemieux Team Canada

Mario Lemieux Pittsburgh jersey

Wheeling Nailers vegas gold replica

Pittsburgh Pens Evgeni Malkin jersey

I have learned a lot from reading this forum and I love looking at everyone's collection, so I'm thrilled to be a part of everything now! I look forward to a lot of good jersey conversations and showing you my collection once I get some photos up.

Welcome to the board. We won't hold the fact that you are a Penguins fan against you (too much anyways :lol: ).

Always good to see new people join up and speak up.

Welcome!

I love the Baby Pens logo (and the team itself) and am jealous about the Kennedy jersey, he has been a really solid player! Enjoy the boards.

So I found these boards through browsing Ice Jerseys one day and finally bucked up and joined so I just wanted to introduce myself.

I am from Wilkes-Barre, PA and I am a #1 fan of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the AHL. I went to my first game here in 2001 and was hooked ever since...over the last few years I've taken a great interest in following the AHL and the NHL as a whole and consider myself a more all around fan as opposed to just a Pens fan. I've even been to a few ECHL games.

As far as my jersey collection goes, I pretty much fell into the hobby. The first two jerseys I received were both WBS Pens jerseys that were birthday gifts in 2003 and 2005. In 2006, I brought a jersey by myself and had it customized in 2007. When I saw the amazing job that had been done, I made it my goal to get more jerseys. Since I've only been out of school less than a year and I'm not making a ton of money right now, I am only focused on replicas right now but I hope someday I will be well off enough to add an authentic or a game worn. The goal of my collection will be Penguins players from both here and Pittsburgh...I plan on using organization jerseys as well as jerseys of other teams the players have played on. Here is what I have so far (I need to make a photo album though haha):

No longer wear/put away in back of closet and need something to do with:

WBS Pens 2002-2003 warmup; no name but a LOT of autographs I collected over 3-4 years. Stopped getting it signed in 2006 because I was out of room.

WBS Pens 2004-2005 blue alternate jersey; no name. Some autographs, but not as many as the 2002-2003 jersey.

Currently wearing:

WBS Pens current RBK style/white replica. No name, but getting full of autographs. Also has WBS 10th anniversary patch that I bought and ironed on myself

WBS Pens Tyler Kennedy away jersey (2006-2007 CCM/RBK style)

Pittsburgh Pens Sidney Crosby home jersey with the captain C (has a couple of minor flaws, but they are not noticeable really so I can't complain)

Pittsburgh Pens Max Talbot away jersey with Pittsburgh 250 patch and Stanley Cup finals patch

Rimouski Oceanic Sidney Crosby jersey (the primarily blue one) with alternate captain A

Some of the jerseys I hope to add over time:

WBS Pens John Curry away style

Mario Lemieux Team Canada

Mario Lemieux Pittsburgh jersey

Wheeling Nailers vegas gold replica

Pittsburgh Pens Evgeni Malkin jersey

I have learned a lot from reading this forum and I love looking at everyone's collection, so I'm thrilled to be a part of everything now! I look forward to a lot of good jersey conversations and showing you my collection once I get some photos up.

Welcome to the board! I love Max Talbot, great guy!

Thanks to everyone who's welcomed me so far.

I forgot to add that I am often misunderstood by my family, and a couple of my friends, about my collecting haha. Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but the people who, well, question me are always like: "How many more jerseys are you going to get?" or "Do you have to have every jersey for the Penguins?" That sort of thing. So it's nice to be in good company where no such questions are raised, hahaha.

I forgot to add that I am often misunderstood by my family, and a couple of my friends, about my collecting haha. Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but the people who, well, question me are always like: "How many more jerseys are you going to get?" or "Do you have to have every jersey for the Penguins?" That sort of thing. So it's nice to be in good company where no such questions are raised, hahaha.

Sounds familiar :)

Welcome to the boards, WBS.

Welcome to the boards from a fellow WBS Pens fan. I currently have 2 jerseys of theirs, both Reebok authentics, pre-Edge style. Black Fleury away, and a rare Bonvie game issued third (looks like Pittsburgh 1992 white style with the Baby Pens logo). I may even be parting with the third style if you're interested. I have attended 2 of their games while visiting my friends brother in PA. His sister in law works for Hershey, so we get those games for free. The WBS games are a little more difficult to get to.

I have uploaded my jersey collection if anyone would like to take a look at it. I will be adding this link to my signature as well:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c191/pen...y%20collection/

I have a small collection, but I GUARANTEE you it will grow!

Welcome aboard! Good to hear your story. We are a small group but well dedicated to the hobby so enjoy. All I think of when its Max Talbot is that horrible Mercedes commercial with him, Gonch and Geno. Wow horrible, I'll post you guys a link if you've never seen it.

Welcome aboard! Good to hear your story. We are a small group but well dedicated to the hobby so enjoy. All I think of when its Max Talbot is that horrible Mercedes commercial with him, Gonch and Geno. Wow horrible, I'll post you guys a link if you've never seen it.

Nah he's a great guy, he writes for rds.ca (french tsn) and gives tones of insiders. Just for that, I like him. He's a hard worker.

Welcome to the boards.

The WBS Penguins are a fun, if not frustrating, team to be a jersey collecting fan of. I don't think any other team has had more cool looking jerseys per year than them. It's actually too many changes from year to year and crazy alts that seem to arrive all the time with that team.

I loved their original style black jerseys and when I did my research on them, found out that while the jersey was the same, the numbering style changed every year. Then they started changing the jersey itself what seemed like every season. They used to have a jersey history on their site, but it looks like even they couldn't keep up with themselves! :rolleyes:

one WBS Penguins jersey I remember wanting was the one Michael was given in the television show "The Office" as a birthday present. On the back it said FROM DWIGHT as the nameplate, with the number one.

I'd love to have one of our St. Patrick's Day or Christmas jerseys, but they only put those up in the auctions after the games they are worn. You would not believe what some people pay; it's WAY out of my price range even though it's only the AHL. Or maybe you would believe it, I really don't know. But $700 for a player who is a great AHL-er but has had little time in the NHL isn't the best investment, IMO.

Welcome to the boards ...

Despite the fact that I'm a Rangers fan, my best friend is a Penguins fan although not a jersey head, so I do tend to keep my eye out for nice Pens or Baby Pens jerseys. I've seen a couple of the St. Patrick's Day WBS Pens jerseys up on eBay from time to time, mostly they've gone in the $200+ range. I did see a seller named JuniorCats or something, who normally sells a lot of goalie jerseys sell some WBS St. Patrick's day jerseys he made himself. Obviously not the same (I think they were SP brand) but they did look nice - I was going to pick one up for my Pens fan buddy to wear on St. Patty's days.

Welcome to the boards. I'm also a jersey collecting noob and everyone here has been great so far with their comments, suggestions and info. Can't wait to see your collection grow. My next goal is to put my collection online for all to see (when it's more than just my six jerseys). :)

• 4 weeks later...