Is this jersey the real deal?

Carl

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=250329943205

Well I just negociated to buy this edge for 150$. My need for an edge jersey is thus satisfied :P

I figured, whenever you can get an edge for 150$, whatever the team (exept the leafs), you go for it.

Notice the EA Sports tag I mentioned earlier. That's what a "factory new" jersey should show up to your door with. If any Ebay seller claims the jersey is both "New" AND "Authentic", it should have that tag on it as well as the sleeve tags.. If not, it's a hoax.

It's not mine yet, I haven't bought it yet. That's why I asked your advice first. I have no idea where it comes from. The seller claims his friend works for RBK.

By "yours" I meant the one you posted photos of, as opposed to "mine" that I posted photos of but don't own either.

I think we've determined that the seller is not only trying to pass off fake goods to you, but overcharging you as well. Those knockoffs can be found pretty cheap on ebay and most people who try to sell them also hype what a bargain they are as well.

Sorry for the confusion, still learning the subtleties of the language.

I'm glad I consulted you guys! When you get offered an edge for 150$, it's like you want it to be true and you convince yourself that it's not a fake.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=250329943205

Well I just negociated to buy this edge for 150$. My need for an edge jersey is thus satisfied :P

I figured, whenever you can get an edge for 150$, whatever the team (exept the leafs), you go for it.

Gregg as ProJerseys is a decent guy who does good work on the customizing. From when I talked to him it sounds like it's a one-man shop but my dealings with him (purchases and some custom Rangers stuff) were all positive. So it looks like you got a great deal from a legit seller.

Gregg as ProJerseys is a decent guy who does good work on the customizing. From when I talked to him it sounds like it's a one-man shop but my dealings with him (purchases and some custom Rangers stuff) were all positive. So it looks like you got a great deal from a legit seller.

I also have the feeling he's a decent seller. However, he looked disappointed that he has to sell for that low. The market isn't good these days.

I also have the feeling he's a decent seller. However, he looked disappointed that he has to sell for that low. The market isn't good these days.

People aren't wanting to shell out big bucks for jerseys these days. The market's great if you're buying. I landed a nice Nike Authentic Red Wings Yzerman jersey for 150 bucks today. That kind of jersey could easily go for 200-250.

Is it just me or is there no nameplate on CV's new Thrashers Edge?

It would appear that there is no nameplate. Didn't notice that right away until you just said something.

You're right! I noticed the players were wearing a nameplate in tonight's game against the habs.

Bah! Still worth it!

You're right! I noticed the players were wearing a nameplate in tonight's game against the habs.

Bah! Still worth it!

You say that now, but in 2 years, when you've collected about 100 jerseys, you won't want to part with any of them, you will wish it was exactly like it is on the ice. See if they can correct it asap.

I can't belive what's happening! When Gregg send me the paypal request of payment, he put a different jersey as the item I was paying for. I sent him an email saying he made a mistake and that I would pay him when he would put the correct jersey in the item description.

Then. no news of him for 2 days and now he's saying he can't sell a 400$ jersey for 160$. So he's basically cancelling our contract (because we had a contract if I apply correctly stuff I learn in Law school) and he tried to fool me by putting another jersey in the item description!!!

I'm considering legal procedures, it'll be good practice for law school.

And he's being arrogant about it! :@ That really sucks.

Well anyways, if you guys want to help me, you can send him a message saying you're disappointed in him and thought his word was worth more than this :(

Wow, that sucks.

How did he switch the item description in an auction before you sent the paypal payment?

Either way I hope it gets resolved somehow. Like I said I've dealt with Gregg in the past and everything was great.

We didn't go through ebay, we negociated from the price that was originally on ebay though. And when the deal was made, he sent my a request of payment through paypal but with another jersey. Had I not looked and paid assuming I could trust him, he would've sent me the wrong jersey! And he admitted it wasn't mistake and was arrogant about it.

I'm SO pissed right now ARGH

The easiest way to tell fakes from authentic RBK EDGE jerseys is the fight strap, in my opinion. The fakes have really flimsy, cheap fight straps. Tough to tell in most pictures but if you can get a picture of where the fight strap is attached to the jersey on the inside, you can tell a fake from a real one right away.

The fakes are getting better and better unfortunately though. My buddy just got a white Crosby for 50 bucks and it looked identical to his real black one besides the tackle twill looking a bit plasticky (which was even tough to see given 3 color font the Pens use). The fight strap gave it away though.

We didn't go through ebay, we negociated from the price that was originally on ebay though. And when the deal was made, he sent my a request of payment through paypal but with another jersey. Had I not looked and paid assuming I could trust him, he would've sent me the wrong jersey! And he admitted it wasn't mistake and was arrogant about it.

I'm SO pissed right now ARGH

At this point I'd say cut your losses and move on. As someone else pointed out, that jersey didn't have a nameplate (not surprising since I thought Gregg primarily did Rangers jerseys and they don't use nameplates) so although you were getting a good deal - it might be better in the long run that it didn't work out.

If you still want to pick up an Edge for a good price, there's a seller on eBay JerseyExpress (they also have a website - jerseyexpress.com) that is selling some new Edge jerseys in select sizes for $199 buy-it-now. Combine that with the current eBay/MS Live search 20% cash back and you can pick up a blank Edge for $160 + shipping.

Granted it was a better deal last week when the eBay/MS Live search was at 30% cash back (saved me $180 on a new laptop).

what is this ebay/ms live search??

Finny, this link pretty much explains it:

http://blogs.msdn.com/livesearch/archive/2...5-cashback.aspx

The trick is, you don't have to search on live.com for what you want to buy on eBay ... I normally do a search for "ipod" or "wii" on live.com to get the ad to show up. Then once you're sent over to eBay, search for whatever it is you really want to buy (like a new Sabres authentic Edge 3rd jersey) and make sure the item is BUY-IT-NOW with paypal as an accepted payment.

You want to make sure that every step of the way the little green $ Microsoft Cashback 20% banner/flag graphic is still on the screen. On the final screen before you confirm your purchase, it will even tell you exactly how much you will get in cash back:

ebay_ms.png

(sample image from when it was 35% when it first started)

Right now it seems to fluctuate between 20% and 30% - most people think that it is based on how often it's used. There are also some theories that you get different percentages based on what you search for on live.com but I haven't seen any difference.

The other thing to note is that they have 60 days to send you the cashback. It will be deposited in your paypal account. However, recently (and I can attest to this first hand) some of the cashback rewards have been instant. For example I bought a laptop Sunday night and got $180 cashback immediately deposited in my paypal account. A co-worker bought a camera on Monday of this week and got his $150 cashback immediately deposited in his paypal account as well.

Even at 20% it's a nice deal.