Is this jersey the real deal?

Carl

This guy I know (friend of friend) claims this is a real edge jersey and can sell it to me for 150$. Is this an authentic jersey? I have doubts because it's not written "Center Ice" on the tag and the habs logo doesn't look sewn on. Plus the material does not look like my lecavalier edge jersey and looks moke like my habs premier replica. What do you guys think?

img3471ot3.th.jpg

img3472ct9.th.jpg

On my Coyotes authentic Edge, the neck labels are identical to that one. On the white bit of the tag, below the CCM bit, it should have the size too. I got that jersey from IceJerseys.

For the material, I'm not sure, could be something to do with Edge 2.0 (see Rab's thread here)?

On my Coyotes authentic Edge, the neck labels are identical to that one. On the white bit of the tag, below the CCM bit, it should have the size too. I got that jersey from IceJerseys.

For the material, I'm not sure, could be something to do with Edge 2.0 (see Rab's thread here)?

Oh so it's not written "Center Ice"? Hmmm... that's interesting... so it might actually be an authentic

Well I have a red Koivu so I'm sitting here trying to compare to your pictures, for the most part I would say it looks legit but here's what I do to weed out the hacks and crooks. Ask the guy to take a picture of the jersey with a bead of water on the front. If the water is sitting on it like a bubble you likely have an Edge because the fakes from afar don't have Beadaway and they'll soak into the fabric. It's gotten bad, 90% of all Edge jerseys on the internet (ebay etc) are fake, you almost just have to go through your trusted companies and pay the extra cost.

Let us know how it goes.

Well I have a red Koivu so I'm sitting here trying to compare to your pictures, for the most part I would say it looks legit but here's what I do to weed out the hacks and crooks. Ask the guy to take a picture of the jersey with a bead of water on the front. If the water is sitting on it like a bubble you likely have an Edge because the fakes from afar don't have Beadaway and they'll soak into the fabric. It's gotten bad, 90% of all Edge jerseys on the internet (ebay etc) are fake, you almost just have to go through your trusted companies and pay the extra cost.

Let us know how it goes.

I thought about it but the guy was (I think) insulted when I asked him pictures. Also I think the material used for the 2.0 absorbe water, no?

When you look at your Koivu jersey, does the logo look the same, meaning can you see that it's sewn on from that angle? Because on the picture, it doesn't look like the logo is sewn on...

Thank you for your time, guys, I appreciate it!

Well what I might end up doing is meet the guy in person as we both live in Montreal. I'll pay only after I analyzed the jersey. Thanks for your advice! :)

I thought about it but the guy was (I think) insulted when I asked him pictures. Also I think the material used for the 2.0 absorbe water, no?

When you look at your Koivu jersey, does the logo look the same, meaning can you see that it's sewn on from that angle? Because on the picture, it doesn't look like the logo is sewn on...

Thank you for your time, guys, I appreciate it!

The 2.0 will repel water on the front and arms, the areas that are different from the 1.0. The back panel, which is the same 1.0 or 2.0 absorbs water. The material on a 2.0 will seem more air-knit, almost identical to the older 6100's. An Edge 1.0 is very nylon and synthentic looking and feeling. Air holes are not clearly visible.

something doesnt look right and something just doesnt feel right about the whole thing

the shoulder number, the 2 looks folded, and all the white parts (including back numbers) look incredibly shiny and light reflecting.

the inside hem, the blue part has stripes of white going through them?

oh for the record, my white Canucks edge has center ice on the neck tag. Overall I'm not thrilled

It's a knockoff. If that is a picture of the actual item you are looking at, those are not the right tags that come with a brand new Edge jersey. Get something vintage and authentic. You won't be disappointed.

It's a knockoff. If that is a picture of the actual item you are looking at, those are not the right tags that come with a brand new Edge jersey. Get something vintage and authentic. You won't be disappointed.

Yup, TBGs right, better eyes than me. Should say Center Ice beneath the NHL shield on the black tag. Mine's got that. Sorry for the misinformation :blush:

Thats what I thought, my edge Lecavalier has that center ice tag too. 150$ was too good to be true!

The lesson is: When you have a doubt, chances are it's a fake.

Yup, TBGs right, better eyes than me. Should say Center Ice beneath the NHL shield on the black tag. Mine's got that. Sorry for the misinformation :blush:

That's the ol' goaltending reflexes kicking in. There should also be a tag in the neck tag with a "EA Sports" reference for NHL08. There should also be a "MyNHL" hologram tag on the sleeve.

That's the ol' goaltending reflexes kicking in. There should also be a tag in the neck tag with a "EA Sports" reference for NHL08. There should also be a "MyNHL" hologram tag on the sleeve.

So if it has a ea sports tag and a my nhl tag its real?

Wait, they do not have the NHL 08 or EA sports tags anymore, that's when they were first introduced. Don't go by the tags either because fakes do have legit tags as well. Believe it, there are some that go to great lengths to fake a jersey.

Good catch on the Centre Ice!

Center Ice is the key here I think... unless somebody here saw an edge jersey without the mention "Center Ice"?

And if you copy a jersey, why would you forget that detail?

Arrrggghhhh! 150$ for an edge is such a great deal!

I've got new pictures:

kost001vt4.th.jpg

kost002us2.th.jpg

kost003tn7.th.jpg

Sorry for making you guys tilt your heads

IF that's not an abnormally large amount of shine on those number from your camera flash, it's totally bogus.

If it's got a silky material for the letters and numbers and not the duller twill material, it's a bad Asian knockoff.

Learn that, know that, remember that. It's your first clue for a bad, bad jersey.

I also think the numbers are too thick, another bad habit of the knockoff makers. Compare it with this game worn one.

http://flickr.com/photos/onetigerfan/58860593/sizes/m/

Where does your's come from? If it's from the same person who has the Kovalev, that's another bad sign.

It's not mine yet, I haven't bought it yet. That's why I asked your advice first. I have no idea where it comes from. The seller claims his friend works for RBK.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=250329943205

Well I just negociated to buy this edge for 150$. My need for an edge jersey is thus satisfied :P

I figured, whenever you can get an edge for 150$, whatever the team (exept the leafs), you go for it.