User Poll - We'd like your feedback

CryWolf

The Economic Impact on Hockey Fans  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Considering the state of the economy, how much do you think you will spend on hockey merchandise this hockey season, compared to previous years?

• More - there is new stuff that I want that I will just have to budget for
    • About the same - I don't expect the economy will impact my buying this year
    • A little less - I have to be very selective about what I really want this year
    • Significantly less - things are scary out there, and hockey purchases are not a priority now

Hey all,

We would really like to get everyone's thoughts on the state of the economy and how you feel it will affect your purchases for this holiday season and the rest of the hockey season. Do you think you will have to pass on that new third jersey this year - even if it is really sweet? Or will you always find a way to work it into your budget?

Also, If you have any suggestions for us to address the financial challenges ahead, we would be interested in hearing them (no, we can't sell all of our jerseys at 50% off! ;) ) Thanks for taking the time to answer the poll and give us your thoughts!

Times are tough right now for just about everyone out there. I do plan on purchasing at least two jerseys this upcoming year, but after that I will probably just concentrate on having some of the ones I have customized as opposed to buying a new one. Those are my current plans, of course plans change and I may still end up buying more that the planned 2.

My jersey spending will probably stay the same. If it does decrease it will honestly probably have more to do with the Edge scourge that is upon us than the economy. Now if a hidden stockpile of RBK 6100s were to be found in the IJ warehouses, I'd probably go broke.

As a college student, I'm already pretty selective of what I purchase. With the state of the economy, I really have to think about those "big" ticket purchases. At most, I might just get one new jersey this year.

*I know...jerseys are only a couple/few hundred dollars, but at this time it's a big item for me concerning I probably won't buy anything more expensive than that unless I have to (ex. car repairs, books, etc).

With Mrs. Zoom and I moving to Dallas in the coming weeks, I'm going to have to be extremely selective about what I do this year. I'm at least looking at getting the black Dallas jersey, but anything beyond that right now is up in the air. I'm not even sure when I'll be able to get the Dallas jersey actually. If I get lucky and find some on sale, I'll try to take advantage of it. There are just too many other more important things to worry about in the Zoom household this year.

Probably about the same. I have really cut back the last year and a half as I have been trying to build my business. But since I have a fairly large collection anyways, now it's just if something really special or unique comes along will I buy merchandise.

I'll still buy some stuff, but not as much. Moved to STL in August, the economy has made finding a legitimate or "real" job almost impossible. I've been without a paycheck since July 25th, starting a temporary job tomorrow (Wednesday the 15th) to make ends meet. My quest for Global Saint Louis Blues merchandise domination has been put on hold for a long time. I've passed on so many jerseys the past 2 months it's not even funny. Sucks having to pay rent, utilities, and buy food (not to mention GAS).

So unless things drastically change for the better, I'm on the payment plan for toys. As in "can't afford payment" LOL.

I have a long list of jersey I want (and ###### the Sabs for adding to that list with that sharp 3rd jersey) but the economy has made my current job unstable.

If I get a new job or stabilize the current one, I definitely want to purchase some more jerseys but for now, I can't quite swing it (crossing fingers that I win the IJ fantasy hockey league).

• 1 month later...

Having gone a little bit overboard lately (10 jerseys in the past 5 months) I think I needed to slow down anyway, especially since I generally prefer authentics. Add on the customization costs, and it adds up pretty quickly. Actually, I've only had 3 done up. The rest are going to have to stay blanks til next year.

I still browse eBay regularly, but plan to be a lot more selective about what I buy. I have my eye on a Pro Player authentic right now, and wouldn't mind another Pro Player replica, but other than that I think I'm going to chill out on eBay for a while.

Now, if the possible job opportunity I'm looking at pans out (salary and all), then I'll be back in the market for at least a couple of the other jerseys I'd really like. If I stay at my present job, I need to stay away from eBay!