On ice jerseys for retail are back

Mongoose

The on-ice jerseys are being made by the same factory in Quebec who has made the on-ice uniforms since the 90s. I'm honestly not worried about the quality of the 24-25 season jerseys because aside from shoulder dimples gone, it's basically the Adidas MIC jersey with a manufacturer logo swap. There's also an added layer of material in the forearms, so they might actually be better quality. What is a mystery, is what Fanatics has for their own template and materials in a year or two. I will say that if they're listening to players already, it's a good sign. I still don't think I can wear the Fanatics logo on a jersey though.

I do agree the price point is high, though I haven't seen $525 USD. I did read something from the Kings advertising $425 USD for blanks and it also seems that it's home jerseys only at retail next season. 

Edited by Van67

On 6/29/2024 at 12:13 AM, Van67 said:

The on-ice jerseys are being made by the same factory in Quebec who has made the on-ice uniforms since the 90s. I'm honestly not worried about the quality of the 24-25 season jerseys because aside from shoulder dimples gone, it's basically the Adidas MIC jersey with a manufacturer logo swap. There's also an added layer of material in the forearms, so they might actually be better quality. What is a mystery, is what Fanatics has for their own template and materials in a year or two. I will say that if they're listening to players already, it's a good sign. I still don't think I can wear the Fanatics logo on a jersey though.

I do agree the price point is high, though I haven't seen $525 USD. I did read something from the Kings advertising $425 USD for blanks and it also seems that it's home jerseys only at retail next season. 

right, finally jerseys are back... only to be marred be ads.😢

and the digital ads on the ice and boards as well

made it impossible for me to watch!  

those moving ads, like a huge puck suddenly going around the boards? 😵  GTFO! 

I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to get a WC jersey this year and not have to pay $1k+ for a TI or gamer. Hell, maybe there will even be sales! But other than that, not really interested. Designs are the same (minus the dimples) and I already have the exact same Adidas versions so there’s not really an incentive to buy. It’s not like the change from 6100 to edge to adi-zero where templates and jerseys changed significantly. 

When I first heard about the additional material on the forearm I pictured a dual layer on the entire lower forearm which would actually be pretty nice. In actuality, it’s just a tiny additional portion (maybe an inch) below the elbow seam. Can’t imagine that is going to really do anything for EQMs when it comes to repairs. You can make it out on this Sharks jersey 

2v2ejNuqWx1YqB.jpg

I see the Ducks have a pre-sale up for their new home on-ice jerseys. $500 USD without a name and number. near $700 for us north of the border. Not a f***ing chance I pay that.