It's finally back!

Opening Day! Albeit in Europe, the NHL is BACK!! Rangers and Lightning today @ 12pm EST from Prague and then Penguins and Senators @ 2:30pm from Stockholm. Should be fun! Go Rangers!

Season is underway. Rangers win 2-1 and Naslund scores in his Rangers debut.

Smith started in net for Tampa, is he going to be the #1 in net or will it be Kolzig?

Pittsburgh wins 4-3 in OT. Tyler Kennedy with 2 goals including the game winner.

Season looks to be off to a good start.

"Smith started in net for Tampa, is he going to be the #1 in net or will it be Kolzig?"

As a big goalie myself, I am pretty sure Smith was promised the number one guy. Ever since Kolzig left Washington, he has no problem being the backup. I think He could be an excellent teacher and a great acquisition for the Lightning. Nothing is ever set in stone, though.

Just the fact the John Tortorella is gone is a huge benefit for them, the fact that he was replaced by Barry Melrose is the cherry on top. Tortorella, like Mike Keenan, is the devil when it comes to working with his goaltenders.

Rangers take both and Pens and Senators split their pair.

Nice start to the season, only saw bits and pieces of the 2nd game of the Pens/Sens set but what I saw was pretty good hockey.

Rangers take both and Pens and Senators split their pair.

Nice start to the season, only saw bits and pieces of the 2nd game of the Pens/Sens set but what I saw was pretty good hockey.

I watched the Rangers games. That stadium and Prague look awesome (the lightening not so much). Now we have to wait for Thursday for the rest of the games???

Two picks for Dallas to win the Cup, huh? Uh...okay then.

What, you don't think Avery will carry them to the promised land?

I'm kinda thinking it'll be a Detroit-San Jose Western Conference Finals. I'm not too sure out East. I have been so ready for the NHL to start up again. We are getting into my favorite time of year. I've been around so much baseball this year that I'm not sure I want to watch it for awhile and need a hockey fix.

I'm kinda thinking it'll be a Detroit-San Jose Western Conference Finals. I'm not too sure out East. I have been so ready for the NHL to start up again. We are getting into my favorite time of year. I've been around so much baseball this year that I'm not sure I want to watch it for awhile and need a hockey fix.

I think Detroit and Edmonton in the West and Montreal and Washington in the East. I am not discounting the Sabs but I really need to see how they play before bumping them up to ECF territory. ZZ18, until San Jose proves they can win more than one playoff series I can't pick em even though they are loaded.

I think Detroit and Edmonton in the West and Montreal and Washington in the East. I am not discounting the Sabs but I really need to see how they play before bumping them up to ECF territory. ZZ18, until San Jose proves they can win more than one playoff series I can't pick em even though they are loaded.

I'm hoping the addition of Boyle and Blake help. I'm hoping that's the shakeup they need. I thought they did a smart move getting rid of Ron Wilson and hiring McLellan. I haven't been a big Brian Campbell fan and I like getting Dan Boyle to fill that spot. If they don't get over that hump this year, then I think they really need a shakeup, maybe in the form of trading Marleau or Cheechoo. I'm hoping that Evgeni Nabokov kinda finally do it, Boucher is a solid backup.

Edmonton eh? That's one I've not thought of, but they could really be a sleeper. I dig the addition of Cole and Visnovsky.

Edmonton eh? That's one I've not thought of, but they could really be a sleeper. I dig the addition of Cole and Visnovsky.

What can I say? I really liked their team last year and I LOVED their additions in the offseason. If they can survive that brutal division intact I think they could really make a run in the playoffs.

What can I say? I really liked their team last year and I LOVED their additions in the offseason. If they can survive that brutal division intact I think they could really make a run in the playoffs.

They had a pretty nice push towards the end of last season didn't they? IIRC, they were one of the teams out West who were pushing hard for that last playoff spot.

With the Avs this year, I think the Oilers could easily bump them out of the playoff race. I'm a little leery with Budaj and Raycroft going into it. Last night, it seemed like everytime the Avs scored, the Bruins weren't too far behind. I don't think the Avs will be the worst team out west, far from it, but I think they will miss the playoffs. Thankfully its early on, so we'll see what happens!

I'm sorry I missed the Leafs-Wings game though, that sounds like it was an entertaining one.

This is annoying, I actually have the chance to sit down and watch some hockey because of the Center Ice Free Preview and this is what I have on my screen.

One Moment Please

This channel should be available shortly.

It has been this way since before the games started today, but yesterday the channels were coming in just fine. My wife says they were working during the games too as she watched bits and pieces of the Sabres game while I was at work.

All of the channels that Center Ice is on have this wonderful message.