So what about this edge 2.0

tomtucker

I'm not really sure that those are for sale to the general public. These new jerseys that some teams are wearing are probably JUST for those teams and not available in any other capacity.

I'm not really sure that those are for sale to the general public. These new jerseys that some teams are wearing are probably JUST for those teams and not available in any other capacity.

Thanks for the info.....

Hmm...so the fans have to sweat and get nasty on a hot day, and still pay big $$$......sounds like crap to me...... :check:

Then the jerseys are not authentic on-ice jerseys....?...... <_<

Thanks for the info.....

Hmm...so the fans have to sweat and get nasty on a hot day, and still pay big $$$......sounds like crap to me...... :check:

Then the jerseys are not authentic on-ice jerseys....?...... <_<

I remember all the articles around midseason about teams having their equipment guys retool the jerseys so I think if you are looking for Pens or Bruins jerseys (maybe a few other teams) authentic really isn't as "authentic" as it could be.

I remember all the articles around midseason about teams having their equipment guys retool the jerseys so I think if you are looking for Pens or Bruins jerseys (maybe a few other teams) authentic really isn't as "authentic" as it could be.

I see........so what can i do....

Was there also something about the sleeves getting wider......was it washington that got that "upgrade"

:shot:

If i recall correctly, all players in the league had the option to switch to an Edge style jersey that was made of last year's material, but kept the stretch vents and a few other features. I don't think the cut changed on any of them.

If i recall correctly, all players in the league had the option to switch to an Edge style jersey that was made of last year's material, but kept the stretch vents and a few other features. I don't think the cut changed on any of them.

I think that is right. I would say, just don't worry about it and get the authentic but if you really want what they wear, I suppose you have to go the game worn route! :thumbsup:

RBK's official comments back in October 07...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto.../?page=rss&

Reebok issued a statement concerning their new uniforms that are being used in the NHL this season: It reads as follows:

After working with NHL players, teams, and equipment managers to gather feedback on the Rbk Edge uniform system, Reebok has decided to provide an alternative jersey to the players who request it.

Many NHL players are satisfied with the current Rbk Edge jersey, but since the start of the season we have received player feedback about the jersey’s moisture management and durability. Based on this feedback, Reebok will provide players with the option to wear a version with slight sizing and fabrication adjustments.

In the alternate version, one fabric has been replaced with an air-knit fabric and the bead-away water repellency technology has been removed. Both jerseys will continue to offer up to four performance materials, including Reebok's PlayDry moisture-wicking technology and a stretch mesh for increased range of motion and ventilation.

There will be no visual difference between the jerseys. The newly designed comfort necklines, jersey cut lines, anatomical fit and team designs will remain identical. Retail versions of the jersey also will remain unchanged.

Reebok has taken this customized approach with other sports, providing multiple cuts of jerseys to professional athletes based on their individual preferences and performance needs.

The performance benefits of the Rbk Edge uniform system were proven during testing last season with 28 of 30 NHL teams. We are pleased that overall player feedback has been very positive. We will continue to work with NHL players to ensure they have the best hockey uniform possible.

Thanks for that.....DasChuck77 ....... :thumbsup:

Guess you can´t buy one of these "new" ones ..... :angry:

I think Washington has a new jersey, the "tale" is almost gone and the sleeves look really wider then the teams they are playing against.....or maybe it´s just me..

What a strange thing this is ..... :ninja:

I believe that Reebok made a new batch of jerseys in late fall as a result of some players having complaints about moisture management. They replaced only one fabric area of the jersey (the bead-away) area in the main body with the original air-knit. Cut/design was not altered, and the difference is not noticeable unless examining the fabric up close. I was at the Rbk warehouse a few weeks ago in the pro section, and saw piles of these retooled jerseys for numerous teams sitting on the shelves gathering dust, as the majority of teams/players stayed with the original version of the jersey.