Crosby Out

Dasle

This does suck for Pittsburgh. Hopefully Staal can pick it up a bit and play a bit more like last season to help the Penguins out.

On a jersey note about this, since he is gonna likely miss the All-Star game, gotta wonder how many people are upset that they spent the money for an authentic Crosby All-Star jersey.

Not sure. But that is why Sid never signs things like that until after the game. People got mad cause he wouldn't sign a Penguin jersey until he played his first regular season game with them, then again before the All-Star game last year, Winter Classic this year, and I'd assume All-Star game this year. He knew things could happen and refused to sign anything until it was certain that he would play.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure. But that is why Sid never signs things like that until after the game. People got mad cause he wouldn't sign a Penguin jersey until he played his first regular season game with them, then again before the All-Star game last year, Winter Classic this year, and I'd assume All-Star game this year. He knew things could happen and refused to sign anything until it was certain that he would play.

I'm not sure I follow why he'd refuse to sign a special jersey before he attended the event. Is it a pride thing, refusing to take credit for the game before participating in it? That's the only reason I can think of. Heck, he'd been named to the team, he rightly could sign jerseys. No?

Yea, I guess it could be a pride thing. Along with what happened with the All-Star game. He never actually wore the jersey, so he wouldn't want to sign it because he didn't participate. To some it might seem silly, but I can understand the reasoning behind it. :)

Yea, I guess it could be a pride thing. Along with what happened with the All-Star game. He never actually wore the jersey, so he wouldn't want to sign it because he didn't participate. To some it might seem silly, but I can understand the reasoning behind it. :)

Yeah- I actually agree with this. Its pretty cool that those RBK commercials where he talks about the jersey meaning something might actually be close to the truth.

• 4 weeks later...