What to get next

philly88

I have a list of jerseys I would like to get. What do you guys think are the most worth it to get when it comes to value. All authentic

1994-95 Pavel Bure Canucks CCM Home Jersey (Stanley Cup Year)

2005-06 Mario Lemieux Penguins RBK Home Jersey (Last year in the league)

1997-98 Ron Hextall Flyers Nike Away Jersey (Stanley Cup Year)

2005-06 Steve Yzerman RBK Away Jersey (Last year in the league)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a list of jerseys I would like to get. What do you guys think are the most worth it to get when it comes to value. All authentic

1994-95 Pavel Bure Canucks CCM Home Jersey (Stanley Cup Year)

2005-06 Mario Lemieux Penguins RBK Home Jersey (Last year in the league)

1997-98 Ron Hextall Flyers Nike Away Jersey (Stanley Cup Year)

2005-06 Steve Yzerman RBK Away Jersey (Last year in the league)

Well, I'd say since it's the oldest, the Bure Canucks, with the Canuck Place patch (which should come on an authentic), the 1994 Cup Finals patch and the "2 Pts. F.G." patch would be the most valuable of the group.

Bure is much more "collectable" and sought after than Hextall in my view. Lemieux and Yzerman are both superstars, but those jerseys are just so much more recent, that I don't think they'd be as valuable, especially the Lemieux, when I think a 1991-92 Throwback 3-patch jersey from a cup winning year is a more desirable Lemieux option.

Now, none on that list suck by any means, but that's how I'd rank them based on your question.

Well, I'd say since it's the oldest, the Bure Canucks, with the Canuck Place patch (which should come on an authentic), the 1994 Cup Finals patch and the "2 Pts. F.G." patch would be the most valuable of the group.

Bure is much more "collectable" and sought after than Hextall in my view. Lemieux and Yzerman are both superstars, but those jerseys are just so much more recent, that I don't think they'd be as valuable, especially the Lemieux, when I think a 1991-92 Throwback 3-patch jersey from a cup winning year is a more desirable Lemieux option.

Now, none on that list suck by any means, but that's how I'd rank them based on your question.

my bad, the Bure jersey was from 1995-96...i was wrong in so many ways since they were in the finals in 93-94 not 94-95

Go with Bure and then follow up with Lemieux but maybe from a 90's Penguin jersey.

Bure was at the top of that list for a reason :thumbsup: . Hextall was my favorite Flyer growing up so that is a maybe but what about if i can get that Lemieux 05-06 for about $70-80USD?

I'm sure theres fakes of those Lemieux floating around. Are you eyeing a certain seller from Vancouver West/West Vancouver Canada?

The one I am thinking of buying is from a local seller in a forum i frequent but I know exactly the one you are talking about.

This the one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=011

that would be it sir

What do you think about that one?

Looks good to my untrained eye lol but i'd be worried since there are zero bids with only half a day left in the auction .

by looking at the lettering.... :noway: Looks like the same lettering that you can find on the fake jerseys. I'd bet, the pic of the size tag was taken from another jersey... The number and letters are way too shiny...

On one of the pics you can even see the stitching of the numbers, looking like a computerised machine stichting like the do in Korea/China.

that would be it sir

What do you think about that one?

The jersey looks ok to me. If it came from shop.nhl.com I would have no reason to doubt it. The seller has zero history of selling anything before, so it's not like this is the 7th one of the exact same thing he's listed.

Now, if it was customized by shop.nhl.com, I may have some concerns. From the photos, it's hard to tell if this is "glacier" or "arctic" twill for the black part of the numbers and name. From those photos, they look smooth, or "shiny" like JustAnothaVictim pointed out, where the Penguins numbers have a texture woven into the fabric. You can always shoot him a question and ask if the numbers are smooth or have "herringbone" texture to the surface. It does look like the nameplate is the same material as the jersey, which is good. Sometimes you get twill, which is the same material as the numbers are made out of, which is not correct, but fairly common. If you want it to be perfect in every way, then it should be another question you'd want to ask.

The photo of the fight strap shows the numbers are sewn on, which is great.

Either way, not a bad price, especially if it goes for less than the buy it now. Perhaps everyone is too busy buying Crosby or Malkin jerseys these days and demand for Lemieux is down.

Hextall was my favorite Flyer growing up so that is a maybe

You Flyer fans and your Hextall manlove. <_< Back to your original question about value, a Hextall only has value in the greater Philadelphia metro area. Go with the 93-94 Bure.

You Flyer fans and your Hextall manlove. <_< Back to your original question about value, a Hextall only has value in the greater Philadelphia metro area. Go with the 93-94 Bure.

HAHA!! Sorry...I just had to laugh at that.

• 1 year later...

I am just starting my jersey collection and I have to say, I have a crazy jersey crush on Ron Hextall! I've been looking all over for any kind of Hexy jersey. Authentic, replica, Nordiques/Islanders days. So, I understand the "manlove" for Hexy. Not in a gay way. Not there's anything wrong with that.

• 1 month later...

I wanna get another Bruins jersey...

itshim1.jpgitshim2.jpg

I'm pretty sure you recognized him. Isn't he a right shooter? Is he just giving other players a chance to keep up with him?

I need to find out what these patches are. The one on the chest is a "Banknorth" or "Bank North" patch

That'll be a TD Banknorth patch. That's the bank that sponsors the name of the Boston Garden now. It WAS TD Banknorth but it's since changed hands in this wonderful economy we're in and is now TD Bank. That patch says 'Banknorth' though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I need your advice. I'm planning on purchasing a Blackhawks WC jersey. The more I think about the high price, the more I check details and I came to this conclusion: The retail authentic don't match the jerseys the players wore on ice. The retail authentic is a Edge 1.0 while the players wore airknit jersey with re-inforced elbows (RBK 6100 style). And if the 1.0 jerseys never existed for the players, why didn't RBK make the 2.0 airknit jerseys for retail as well? So is it really worth paying the full retail price for an authentic that actually isn't really authentic (in my opinion at least).

I hope, you understand what I'm trying to say here. It's already late at night.... actually it's early in the morning (5:50 am)

Hey guys, I need your advice. I'm planning on purchasing a Blackhawks WC jersey. The more I think about the high price, the more I check details and I came to this conclusion: The retail authentic don't match the jerseys the players wore on ice. The retail authentic is a Edge 1.0 while the players wore airknit jersey with re-inforced elbows (RBK 6100 style). And if the 1.0 jerseys never existed for the players, why didn't RBK make the 2.0 airknit jerseys for retail as well? So is it really worth paying the full retail price for an authentic that actually isn't really authentic (in my opinion at least).

I hope, you understand what I'm trying to say here. It's already late at night.... actually it's early in the morning (5:50 am)

You mean it's so late that it's early?

To be honest with you, I thought the same thing when I was thinking about buying the blues 3rd. The Blues probably never wore the 1.0 edge version of the jersey on the ice. So I came to the conclusion it was worth buying it but only when the jersey was on sale! I bought the jersey during customer appreciate week.

You should wait and see if the Flames eliminate the Hawks. If they do, you'll be able to profit from the 30% off IJ offers.

Is it a good compromise?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why but for some reason the Ducks jersey is starting to grow on me. Had the Sharks eliminated them, I would have seriously considered getting an edge (with the 30% off) home rob niedermayer #44 'A' from icejerseys. Fortunately, I don't have to deal with that dilemma :)

Here's my dilemma; 2 days left on IJs 30% off golfing teams, do I go for a Coyotes alternate with Upshall on it, knowing he's RFA this year and there's a chance he's not on the roster next season?

Yes! Do it! Coyotes 3rd is a beautiful jersey and Upshall is an original choice of player.

Here's my dilemma; 2 days left on IJs 30% off golfing teams, do I go for a Coyotes alternate with Upshall on it, knowing he's RFA this year and there's a chance he's not on the roster next season?

Its worth a shot. He and Lombardi had a solid pairing after the trade deadline, so I'd imagine they are gonna try to bring him back.