What to get next

philly88

Thank you to those of you that voted and offered advice. I decided on the Kunitz home jersey and it should be at my house no later than a week after my birthday. Can't wait! I debated forever before pulling the trigger, but it should be worth it for my first IJ purchase. :stickhndl:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to those of you that voted and offered advice. I decided on the Kunitz home jersey and it should be at my house no later than a week after my birthday. Can't wait! I debated forever before pulling the trigger, but it should be worth it for my first IJ purchase. :stickhndl:

Solid choice, he(along with Byslma) was a big part of the Pens turnaround this year.

Also I'm seeking an opinion from you guys. I picked up a Tampa authentic edge jersey for a song, and am thinking about who to get on it. Malone is my top choice...Meszaros is also right up there. Any opinions? I'm also going to look for a Prague game one patch for it.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to give this a huge bump but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I have five jerseys in my Ebay watch list right now. Two are auctions (I have not bid yet) and three are buy it nows.

The auctions are two game worn jerseys of former Penguins players, which fits into my collection. One is a Matt Cooke Canucks jersey (the old style with the blue and silver stripes on the bottom) and the other is an Erik Christensen Penguins CCM jersey circa 2006-2007.

The buy it nows are a Pens black practice jersey, a team issued practice jersey in teal, and a Crosby CCM jersey with the alternate captain "A".

Right now, I am leaning towards eliminating the black practice jersey because while not widely available, they are also not on the impossible to find list and it is a replica. It's blank which I am fine with because I don't want to customize a practice jersey. However, it is also the cheapest on my list.

That leaves the teal practice jersey (team issued), Cooke Canucks gamer, Christensen Pens gamer, and the Crosby jersey with the "A".

I am heavily considering the Crosby jersey right now b/c as I mentioned I could use a new one and it is hard to pick up one with an A these days, so I would stand out. However, all the other jerseys aside from the black one would add something cool to my collection.

What do you all think?

I say go for the Cooke gamer or the Christensen gamer, depending on which player you like best. Specifically for the Cooke, it's cool to be able to add other teams jerseys to your collection to add some variety while still fitting into the "theme" of your collection.

As for the practice jerseys, I'm not a huge fan of them in general, game worn or not. As for the Crosby, those are going to available for a loooong time (just see how many Gretzky jerseys are still around - despite the fakes).