Authentic RBK sizing

philly88

Another question I had was about sizing of the new jerseys.

I tried on a 50 in the authentic RBK edge and it ran a little long and was tad too big. I tried a RBK premier jersey in a medium and it was perfect including sleeve length. Thing is, they didn't have a 46 which i could try on in the authentic. I'm 5'9'', 185 lbs but with broader shoulders and a smaller waist so i dont want anything that I float in. I don't plan to use it at the rink either. I really want to try a 46 on but i've called ALL over Montreal and can't find one size 46. Do you guys think a 46 would fit? I want this jersey to fit the opposite of all my other jerseys. I want it more for fitting but also don't want the sleeves to be too short with the 46. Also, so many different sizing charts to look at and i can't find a sizing chart for the sleeves.

I have one of those 46's. I'm 5'7" and about 175 lbs and it's TIGHT. Tight in the chest and the shoulders. But if that's what you're looking for, the 46 might work for you.

Yeah I tend to do that with my 52's. I'll put a hoodie or my Guinness fleece underneath and it fits much better. It's also good for those cold Manhattan nights.

I have one of those 46's. I'm 5'7" and about 175 lbs and it's TIGHT. Tight in the chest and the shoulders. But if that's what you're looking for, the 46 might work for you.

What i'm worried about is the sleeve length.

On an authentic jersey, sleeve length usually does not correspond to the size. All Edge jerseys seem to have longer sleeves. Size is chest size, sleeve length and body length differences between a 46/48/50/52 etc. will be minimal, if non-existant. That's just the way these jerseys are cut. I know that when I was buying my Edge's, I was able to try on a couple of different sizes (52,54,56) and the sleeve and body lengths seemed to be identical. The difference is in the body cut. In another thread I posted some sleeve measurements that I made on different jerseys, and the Edge was always longer, usually by a wide margin.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?s=&...post&p=9412

On an authentic jersey, sleeve length usually does not correspond to the size. All Edge jerseys seem to have longer sleeves. Size is chest size, sleeve length and body length differences between a 46/48/50/52 etc. will be minimal, if non-existant. That's just the way these jerseys are cut. I know that when I was buying my Edge's, I was able to try on a couple of different sizes (52,54,56) and the sleeve and body lengths seemed to be identical. The difference is in the body cut. In another thread I posted some sleeve measurements that I made on different jerseys, and the Edge was always longer, usually by a wide margin.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?s=&...post&p=9412

That was really helpful. I know that there is a difference in the replicas. I saw a chart online for a seller and they had 46 and 50 and the wingspan was 72..for the 52 and 54 it jumped to 78. Is this possible?

That was really helpful. I know that there is a difference in the replicas. I saw a chart online for a seller and they had 46 and 50 and the wingspan was 72..for the 52 and 54 it jumped to 78. Is this possible?

Wingspan includes chest size also, so a 54 will be bigger than a 46. But I doubt that a 46 and 50 are the same. Probably sloppy work there. The point is, all of the new RBK's, Edge and Premier, have longer sleeve lengths than the previous 6100's and 550's, or Starter, Pro Player, Bauer, or Nike for that matter. Don't get too hung up on sleeve or body length, make sure the jersey fits you the way that you are most comfortable. These are built to be worn over pads so they won't fit like a shirt or other street clothes. For you, maybe try a 48 as opposed to a 46. Good Luck!

Wingspan includes chest size also, so a 54 will be bigger than a 46. But I doubt that a 46 and 50 are the same. Probably sloppy work there. The point is, all of the new RBK's, Edge and Premier, have longer sleeve lengths than the previous 6100's and 550's, or Starter, Pro Player, Bauer, or Nike for that matter. Don't get too hung up on sleeve or body length, make sure the jersey fits you the way that you are most comfortable. These are built to be worn over pads so they won't fit like a shirt or other street clothes. For you, maybe try a 48 as opposed to a 46. Good Luck!

I don't even think RBK makes a 48. Everywhere I look it's a 46 or 50

They make 48.

Pretty sure the only 48's they made were in last years style. In the EDGE Authentics I am pretty sure that the sizes go 46, 50, 52, 54, 56, 60. Even on icejerseys size chart they don't show a 48 in the EDGE jerseys. http://www.icejerseys.com/sizing_chart.html

Pretty sure the only 48's they made were in last years style. In the EDGE Authentics I am pretty sure that the sizes go 46, 50, 52, 54, 56, 60. Even on icejerseys size chart they don't show a 48 in the EDGE jerseys. http://www.icejerseys.com/sizing_chart.html

I may be wrong. If I am, I stand corrected. Sorry about that. I know that you should go at least a size up, so I went from a 52 to 54.

I personally went from a 48 in the previous style to a 52 in the EDGE style. I have not tried on a 50 to see how it fits, but I do like how the 52 fits me. Maybe someday I will try on a 50, but there are no places that have the EDGE jerseys in stock at all in my area. Maybe next year when the ECHL is supposed to make the transition I will be able to try one on at a Steelheads game.

The Edge is used in the AHL, and I thought that I saw 48's at the Cav's Shop at Quicken Loans Arena where I bought my Edge Lake Erie Monsters jerseys. Maybe not. A 54 Edge is slightly smaller than a 52 6100, but still comfortable. I thought that the 56 was too big for what I wanted in these jerseys.

Thanks for all the help guys.

The only thing i can deduce is that a 50 is slightly big for what i want it for and a premier in medium fits perfectly. A 46 will fit chest wise but i dont want the sleeves to be too short which rabinsurance you say shouldn't matter but it does to me in this case. I think i might just go for the premier even though i was set on an authentic. Are the premiers any different in sleeve length? I tried a small on in premier and the sleeves were way short..a medium was perfect and a large's sleeves fit like the 50's sleeves (half way down my hand).

Well the upside is sports stores are stocked with premiers so just go try one on, the Edges are tough to find. Based on your measurements I would say take a size 50 and yes it'll be a touch big but shouldn't be drastic, the jersey will stick tight to your chest it's just the sleeves that's all. I read something somewhere that had very detailed measurements, I think it was on ebay but there was a drastic length difference I think between 50 and 52 and then 52 to 54 were similar.

Well the upside is sports stores are stocked with premiers so just go try one on, the Edges are tough to find. Based on your measurements I would say take a size 50 and yes it'll be a touch big but shouldn't be drastic, the jersey will stick tight to your chest it's just the sleeves that's all. I read something somewhere that had very detailed measurements, I think it was on ebay but there was a drastic length difference I think between 50 and 52 and then 52 to 54 were similar.

I did try one on and the medium fit perfect. I also tried a 50 in an Edge and it was too big and there are no 46's anywhere in Montreal (trust me, i called). That's the dilemma. If someone could tell me if the sleeve size on the 46 and 50 are the same or off by an inch or so then I would go for the 46.

ah sorry about that, what team are you looking for? I have a Leafs premier and I like it, but if the jersey you are eyeing up has shoulder crests I'd go to the Edge. I hate the shoulder crests on premier, only reason I was comfortable getting the Leafs since they don't have any.

ah sorry about that, what team are you looking for? I have a Leafs premier and I like it, but if the jersey you are eyeing up has shoulder crests I'd go to the Edge. I hate the shoulder crests on premier, only reason I was comfortable getting the Leafs since they don't have any.

Flyers jersey. I'm not really a collector of jerseys because i just can't see myself buying jerseys of teams I despise. I pretty much can't stand any team in the East except for Washington because i feel bad for them and i already own a Dale Hunter jersey. The only teams I can see myself buying are the Western Canadian teams, Sharks, Kings and Blackhawks who in my opinion have the nicest jerseys in the league. I'll call IJs tomorrow and ask some questions to see about the sleeve length.

Another option you have is just order a 46 (uncustomized) if it doesn't fit right, send it back for the 50.

That's what I did, thanks

I ordered 3 jerseys

Canucks Premier Home Luongo

Flyers Edge Authentic Away (no customization)

Flyers CCM/Reebok Authentic Black Home jersey (no customization)

My Edge i'm going to customize with Richards

My CCM/Reebok i'm going to customize with Gagne

I would of loved to put Hextall on last years jersey but it just doesn't look right. I fi can find an authentic orange 90's jersey then i'd add Hextall in a heartbeat

http://cgi.ebay.com/Philadelphia-Flyers-Au...1QQcmdZViewItem

In white. It's from the year AFTER Hextall retired(1999-2000), but nobody would be the wiser.

oh man, tempting...i'll see where that ends up. I'd like to find the away jersey. Thanks!

That's what I did, thanks

I ordered 3 jerseys

Canucks Premier Home Luongo

Flyers Edge Authentic Away (no customization)

Flyers CCM/Reebok Authentic Black Home jersey (no customization)

My Edge i'm going to customize with Richards

My CCM/Reebok i'm going to customize with Gagne

I would of loved to put Hextall on last years jersey but it just doesn't look right. I fi can find an authentic orange 90's jersey then i'd add Hextall in a heartbeat

Nice choices.

So is this the one you are looking for? http://cgi.ebay.com/PHILADELPHIA-FLYERS-Ce...1QQcmdZViewItem