A Simple Auction Site Data Breach

jsh139

Have you heard about this? I got an email from Meigray this afternoon. Their websites (and apparently a bunch of others) have been inaccessible for days. They sent this email:

Fellow Collector:

Happy Holidays to all of you, and we sincerely hope all of you are staying safe and healthy during these challenging times.

You might have noticed that on Friday, meigray.comand meigrayauctions.com could not be accessed. And our websites remained inaccessible all weekend.

We learned over the weekend that A Simple Auction Site, which hosts our website and others, suffered a company-wide data breach that forced meigray.comand meigrayauctions.com to be disabled.

We have been assured by A Simple Auction Site that the integrity of both sites is secure, but it could be another 24-48 hours before they are functioning properly.

There’s been some discussion about it in the FB groups, but I figured I’d raise some awareness here for those of you that may not have been informed. 

I can't access the Classic website either.  Coincidence?

18 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I can't access the Classic website either.  Coincidence?

There are a number of sites affected.  I believe Classic is one of them.  As well as Goldin Auctions. 

• 4 weeks later...

Both MeiGray and Classic sites seem to be down again.  ☹️

Yep. Marc from Classic mentioned they were doing server maintenance. I dunno, sounds like it’s time to find a new provider. 

Edited by jsh139