Sakic out 8-12 weeks

ZoomZoom18

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/hock...s.ap/index.html

Colorado Avalanche captain Joe Sakic will undergo hernia surgery Friday and will miss eight to 12 weeks, the club announced Thursday.

Sakic has been out since Nov. 30, missing 12 games. The organization said a lack of progress in rehab has made surgery necessary.

I hadn't heard he'd been hurt, but haven't followed much hockey this season unfortunately. I was hoping to get to see him play on New Year's Eve when the Avs are in the valley, but oh well. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/hock...s.ap/index.html

Colorado Avalanche captain Joe Sakic will undergo hernia surgery Friday and will miss eight to 12 weeks, the club announced Thursday.

Sakic has been out since Nov. 30, missing 12 games. The organization said a lack of progress in rehab has made surgery necessary.

I hadn't heard he'd been hurt, but haven't followed much hockey this season unfortunately. I was hoping to get to see him play on New Year's Eve when the Avs are in the valley, but oh well. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery!

Hmmm another sports hernia rears its head. I remember this was a huge problem the first year after the lockout but went away over the last few seasons. JS is a great player- here is to a speedy recovery!

This is an unfortunate injury for such a great player.....

The Avs certainly will miss him...With no secondary scoring ( let alone primairy) his loss will dramatically effect the team.

They need better goaltending form both Theo and Budaj....maybe Raycroft, Cujo or the Eagle are the answer.....

• 2 weeks later...