Jersey cleaning question

islesfan25

I recieved a jersey from ebay.... i have contacted the seller about this....

The jersey can in with black stuff on the front patch. If i get stuck with the jersey..what are the best ways to clean it without ruining it.....

Thanks for the help....I am new to the site and it is amazing...i am new to collecting and your help will be appricated

thanks

Welcome aboard.

Most jerseys you can put in the washing machine after turning it inside out. Take a picture of the jersey and put it up here so we can see what you're dealing with.

Oh well if that's the case then you'll be perfectly fine putting it in the washing machine. Just use the gentle cycle with a small amount of detergent. That's what I use and I never have an issue.

Thanks for your help.....

Glad i found this site

Welcome to the site, stick around read and join in. Always great to see new people around here, just means we are growing.

• 3 months later...

Bringing up an old thread....

I stripped a jersey and the sleeve numbers have left some stains on the jersey. They numbers were on the wrong position and wanted to correct that. How do I remove those stains? I didn't get any response to this on the other board

2344164350054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

Bringing up an old thread....

I stripped a jersey and the sleeve numbers have left some stains on the jersey. They numbers were on the wrong position and wanted to correct that. How do I remove those stains? I didn't get any response to this on the other board

2344164350054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

Since it's white, have you tried a diluted bleach solution or even hydrogen peroxide? I find that white material can be the easiest to fix if you are gentle and patient. I've even used a whitening toothpaste once on a white devils CCM ultrafil jersey and the stain is hardly noticeable.

I tried everything to remove those ugly stains, not even dilution or paint remover worked out. I didn't try that on the jersey, I used old nameplates with the same stains. Then I started looking for photos a game worn jerseys and it seems like the numbers aren't really centered, because it would be too close to the shoulder stripe. So the position of the number on the sleeves of my jersey wasn't really wrong...thank god.

• 7 months later...
Since it's white, have you tried a diluted bleach solution or even hydrogen peroxide? I find that white material can be the easiest to fix if you are gentle and patient. I've even used a whitening toothpaste once on a white devils CCM ultrafil jersey and the stain is hardly noticeable.

Do you have a specific ratio that you use for the diluted bleach solution?