RBK EDGE LETTERING QUESTION

cikiri

I recently purchased an authentic RBK Edge 08 Kings Jersey (Away). I want to get it lettered. I am curious to know if anyone on these boards knows if IceJerseys is offering the new lettering for the Edge Jerseys.

I asked the Kings Pro Shop and they said they were still using last year's stock.

I ask the question because this season, the Kings have gone back to using nameplates and have gone to a smaller font size. I can't tell if the material is different on the letters and numbers as well.

Any help would be appreciated. I e-mailed IJ but have yet to hear a response back in 3 days.

If anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you!

While I do not work for icejerseys, I am certain that they are using this years font for all of the teams. I know of two people on this board that for certain have gotten EDGE jerseys customized by icejerseys (1 Lightning, 1 Canucks) and there are pictures floating around in the various posts if you want to take a look at the work.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?s=&...post&p=8838 for the Canucks jersey

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?s=&...post&p=9009 for the Lightning Jersey

Note: I don't work here, I'm just a satisfied customer.

IceJerseys policy as I know it is to customize to the exact specifications of the teams "on ice" jerseys. I remember reading their customizers are NHL and NHLPA licensed. Heck, even when the Lightning went and added a front number on their black home jerseys after the season started, IJ picked up on it and you'll notice it's on the front of my Edge Lightning jersey. Coincidentally, shop.nhl.com hasn't even seemed to pick up on this yet, try customizing one on their site and see what you get...

To the best of my knowledge, when you order customization on an Edge for this season, you'll get what the players wear, no slacking on quality, workmanship, templates or materials. I know I did. CryWolf (who is an IJ.com employee) will probably be in here to verify this for ya, but I hope it helps put your mind at ease.

IceJerseys ONLY USES CURRENT LETTERING AND NUMBERING KITS AS PER NHL REGULATION.

Unless you; the customer, want otherwise

VillaV

I don't mean to sound like an idiot....but you guys still do the old style customizations too, right?

We do all jerseys to NHL spec.

If they are jerseys from another era we will use the lettering and numbering appropriate for the jersey.

Unless you ask us otherwise you will never see us putting incorrect numbering and lettering on jerseys i.e we wont put the 76 Habs numbers and letters on a current Habs jersey unless you ask us.

Villa

Sorry for my late reply on this... kind of crazy this time of year as you can imagine.

Just to clarify... YES we always do the up-to-date customization on the current jersey. We are usually on top of any changes (which sometimes happen without proper notification or awarenesss from the league itself). It is a real challenge as the NHL doesn't do a great job of regulating and policing the font styles that go on the jerseys... and sometimes the team will have inconsistencies from one player to the next. That being said, you can be 99.99% sure that we will get customize with the up-to-the-minute style used by the team - as it is impossible to be 100% accurate due to the above issues.

As for older jerseys, we match the year of the jersey. If you send something that requires a very specific style or year, it is always best to give us instructions and clear photos so we can be sure to match the font exactly.

Sorry for my late reply on this... kind of crazy this time of year as you can imagine.

Just to clarify... YES we always do the up-to-date customization on the current jersey. We are usually on top of any changes (which sometimes happen without proper notification or awarenesss from the league itself). It is a real challenge as the NHL doesn't do a great job of regulating and policing the font styles that go on the jerseys... and sometimes the team will have inconsistencies from one player to the next. That being said, you can be 99.99% sure that we will get customize with the up-to-the-minute style used by the team - as it is impossible to be 100% accurate due to the above issues.

As for older jerseys, we match the year of the jersey. If you send something that requires a very specific style or year, it is always best to give us instructions and clear photos so we can be sure to match the font exactly.

I had a problem with a few Devils jerseys I sent to get customized (incorrect font) and I remember you telling me I could send it back and you guys would fix it. I still haven't gotten around to it so I was wondering if there is a certain amount of time I have to send it back, like a warranty type of deal. Also I don't have the invoice number anymore either, is that going to be a problem? If so, is there some way to look it up?

I had a problem with a few Devils jerseys I sent to get customized (incorrect font) and I remember you telling me I could send it back and you guys would fix it. I still haven't gotten around to it so I was wondering if there is a certain amount of time I have to send it back, like a warranty type of deal. Also I don't have the invoice number anymore either, is that going to be a problem? If so, is there some way to look it up?

While I can't help you with the information on the timeframe limits, the way to find out the invoice number is if you remember the username and password you set up for the store itself (username is your email address) you can go to https://www.icejerseys.com/myaccount and log in there and it will show your entire order history.

While I can't help you with the information on the timeframe limits, the way to find out the invoice number is if you remember the username and password you set up for the store itself (username is your email address) you can go to https://www.icejerseys.com/myaccount and log in there and it will show your entire order history.

Yea but I didn't buy the jerseys there, I just sent them there to get customized, so they don't show up there. I also used a different email address than the one I have registered with the site.

if ypu ctct cs@icejerseys.com they should be able to find your order with the email address you made the purchase with.

villa