94-95 St. Louis Blues Jersey Question

JJM4

Referring to nhluniforms.com, during the lockout shortened season of 94-95, the Blues introduced their new home and road Spiderman jerseys as their primary uniforms.

46284738902_d869f54b88_b.jpg

I don't think there was any preseason games in all likelihood that season with the lockout.

I found a picture of a player (Casey) who signed in the summer of 1994 with the Blues so this signing was for the 94-95 season onward. In this picture he can be seen wearing the 93-94 older Blues uniform. The pic also looks like it would be earlier in the 94-95 season since he's wearing his black Bruins pads and mask.

45678797604_ce6e586a29_b.jpg

So I guess my question is after the Blues made the switch to the new Spiderman primaries, did they occasionally play in the older style sweaters during the 94-95 season? Hoping maybe a Blues fan would know.  Or maybe there was a short preseason in which the older style unis were used?

Edited by JJM4

Thanks, that's weird they played the preseason then shut down for the lockout.  I'd imagine that's when the Blues would have worn the older style unis though.

4 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Thanks, that's weird they played the preseason then shut down for the lockout.  I'd imagine that's when the Blues would have worn the older style unis though.

Most likely. I also note that it used to be typical around that time to see the hockey cards of rookies or new players to a team with pictures that were taken during the preseason. That was the first opportunity to get a picture of the guy playing for his new team. 

Which, as a kid, I always appreciated over an awful card with a picture from a press conference.