Hockey is back.

lafountain

Stupid Cablevision isn't carrying the free Center Ice preview for some unknown reason. Thanks a lot you morons. Luckily, I just signed up online for the NHL.tv free preview. I'm gonna go ballistic if they don't carry the package this year.

Kings just completely outplayed the Ducks in this one. The Ducks just didn't seem to be able to get any type of flow going until late in the third and that wasn't enough. Bernier looked good in net for the Kings, though I don't know if he will be with the team all season.

Kings just completely outplayed the Ducks in this one. The Ducks just didn't seem to be able to get any type of flow going until late in the third and that wasn't enough. Bernier looked good in net for the Kings, though I don't know if he will be with the team all season.

I've been reading he had a heckuva preseason. I read on SI.com that one writer is expecting the Kings to be one of the most improved teams of the season.

He really played a whale of a game. He didn't see a whole lot of shots early but he made some really good saves in the 3rd when the Ducks cut it to 3-1. Looks like LaBarbera has some competition.

Ducks looking very good in todays game.

They came out fast and have not let up.

Cammalleri has looked amazing for the Kings so far this year.

Also a second straight day where a guy making his NHL debut in net has looked good.

You talking about Hiller? Because Labarbera didn't look that good. Granted, it's Anaheim, but if I were the Kings, I'd stick with Bernier for the time being.

Yeah, I was speaking about Hiller.

Any predictions for tonight's games?

Canadiens vs. Hurricanes

Canes in OT- Habs struggles begin

Ducks vs. Red Wings

Red Wings- Ducks are still looking the wrong way to cross the street

Senators vs. Maple Leafs

Sens dominance continues

Stars vs. Avalanche

Smyth era kicks off with a win

I just can't wait for tomorrow night. I'll be up in Manhattan just about all day long tomorrow and then in section 424 at 7pm for the Rangers home opener.

I just drove by the Wild's arena this morning. On opening day they have a drive-by breakfast. I got a free newspaper, a calendar, a muffin, juice, a pocket schedule, a foam puck and, best of all, free beef jerky samples.

Now I just have to decide which jersey to wear tonight. Too many choices...

JeffB

I just drove by the Wild's arena this morning. On opening day they have a drive-by breakfast. I got a free newspaper, a calendar, a muffin, juice, a pocket schedule, a foam puck and, best of all, free beef jerky samples.

JeffB

Man- that sounds like a GREAT! idea. I wish I lived in a cool hockey market like that rather then Gotham.

I turned on Center Ice last night, kicked back with a few Molson Canadians, it was a good night!

Man- that sounds like a GREAT! idea. I wish I lived in a cool hockey market like that rather then Gotham.

HEY!! That's not a fair comparison. New York is a great hockey market. Minnesota is just THE best hockey market in the country.

Three more hours and I'll be on my way to the Garden. I can't wait.

You are all just lucky to live in a NHL market. Living in Idaho, I googled the closest NHL city and San Jose was the winner and that is a 10 hour drive away.

You are all just lucky to live in a NHL market. Living in Idaho, I googled the closest NHL city and San Jose was the winner and that is a 10 hour drive away.

I would think Vancouver would be about the same drive wouldn't it? The HP Pavilion in San Jose is a beautiful place and I'd love to see a game there someday.

Dont EVER disount my beloved Habs

We wil make the playoffs...all the naysayers be dammed!!!!

Captain K w/ 2 goals in our first game!

Streit will make us forget about Sheldons cannon!!!!

Carey is coming...beware...the Price is Right

Villa

HEY!! That's not a fair comparison. New York is a great hockey market. Minnesota is just THE best hockey market in the country.

Three more hours and I'll be on my way to the Garden. I can't wait.

Brilliant- I guess I mean that the NYC area is focused on a lot of sports and a lot of other things. There is no "feel" for hockey that I get in other towns. I hope this will change somewhat with the NHL Store coming in on the 12th.

BTW- NICE seats!!!!

Well, after going to the Wild game last night, my friend and I were astounded by how many fans at the game had "personalized" their jerseys with something other than a real player's name.

One guy had "SHOOT THE PUCK" on his nameplate. Many others had their own last names or nicknames and a few others had odd sayings. From where we were sitting it was easily 50% non-player personalizations on the nameplates. I don't ever recall seeing so many jerseys like that at a game before. There were some new edge jerseys, but the vast majority of Wild fans already owned jerseys and seem happy to stick with them for the time being, especially since the new ones were not revolutionary in their appearance.