Jersey Font & Stiching

Hawks2797

Didn't want to start a new topic but I couldn't really figure where to ask this question.  In regards to certain years of jersey or styles of a certain jersey maybe thought if someone doesn't know if for say a team does stacked, or kiss cut , Semi reverse kiss cut, etc. we could post hear and hopefully someone hear has the answer.  I know we have a lot of knowledge on here. If there is already a thread for this please delete this. 

For example I was able to score a White Avalanche Starter mesh made in Berlin jersey from the 97-98, and 98-99 season for a steal of a price with the starter logo only on the hem no word mark below.  I have seen multiple gamers and some have semi reverse kiss cut numbers , and other have stacked or layered number. My question would be which one was used during this time frame? Or am I completely off and were they say just Semi reverse kiss cut.  Thats what I originally thought but after researching I found a lot of different factors. 

Let me know your thoughts!

Back in the Starter days they were layered.

Great cause thats what most the pics I have seen are.  This is from one of the websites on Avs stuff I came across  The jersey features the unique inlaid number construction typical of the 97-98's, in which the layering of the numbers is reversed from the traditional top-to-bottom. In this version, the main portion of the number is inlaid, with the two outer colors raised even with each other. 97-98 also features the logo-only hem design. 

Those jersey seem confusing.  Looking at sending mine to Keener as he has Starter mesh nameplates.  just wanted to figure out the stacked, or kiss cut before sending it out. Thanks LAK! 

I also have seen that the name font and the way they did the numbers changed from say the inaugural season 95-96. The 97-98 and 98-99 were the same.

Edited by Hawks2797

You know, I'm sorry, but it does look like a lot of, if not most of the 97-98's are actually kiss-cut.  That was probably the only year they were like that, since everything else I've seen throughout the 90's was stacked.

1 minute ago, LAK74 said:

You know, I'm sorry, but it does look like a lot of, if not most of the 97-98's are actually kiss-cut.  That was probably the only year they were like that, since everything else I've seen throughout the 90's was stacked.

Was just about to type this.  97-98 definitely used kiss cut.

Ok so when specifying this to my customizer  would it be Semi Reverse kiss cut for these?  What does this inlaid construction mean?? The jersey features the unique inlaid number construction typical of the 97-98's, in which the layering of the numbers is reversed from the traditional top-to-bottom. In this version, the main portion of the number is inlaid, with the two outer colors raised even with each other. 97-98 also features the logo-only hem design. 

I could be wrong here, but the outlined statement does not seem completely consistent with how the stitching looks on the kiss-cut gamers.  In the case of a white jersey, whoever wrote that is basically saying that the back numbers are mainly black glacier twill with kiss-cut silver and blue strips laid around the perimeter, but "raised even with each other," which means they are side by side.  But this is not how most kiss-cut jobs are.  One of the two outer strips is usually placed higher than the other one.  If you look at the back numbers on the white Jon Klemm 97/98 gamer, you can see that the outermost blue strip has only one row of stitching on it, and the middle silver strip has 2 rows, one on either side.  This means that the silver strip must be higher than the blue one- they cannot be "raised even with each other," i.e., side by side.  If they were side by side, the blue strip would most likely have 2 rows of stitching as well, or else the unstitched inner edge would peel off.  There are 2 ways the Klemm numbers can have stitching like they appear to have in the pictures- either 1) the black glacier is on the bottom, the outer blue strip is the middle layer, and the silver strip is the top layer, which is stitched directly over the inside edge of the blue layer, or 2) the blue layer is on the bottom, then the black glacier goes in the middle, and the silver strip goes right on top of the outer border of the black layer.  I just can't tell which way it is without seeing the jersey in person.

I'm looking at having a 91 USA blue jersey from the Canada cup done up as a Roenick. Having trouble finding a picture of the font and numbers. Basically the back of the jersey to send to the customizer to match up.  

Anyone have any ideas? I've checked all over Getty and couldn't find much

Edited by Hawks2797

It was the same as the Blues font from that time period. Only, obviously, red, white and blue twill.

nalTeamcirca19913bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Just remember that Roenick wore #17 in that tournament; not #27.