Messing with people, jersey collector style.

mfitz804

I've done this twice so far, second time was today.

I ship all of my jerseys bagged in a 2.5 gallon ziploc, whether I sold them or I'm sending them for customizing.

I was out of bags, and they were on sale do I bought four boxes, 15 bags per box.

For the second time, the cashier dared to ask "What are you doing with all these giant ziploc bags".

Looked her dead in the eyes and said, "They're the perfect size for a human head" and I walked out.

I use Target bags.

I've done this twice so far, second time was today.

I ship all of my jerseys bagged in a 2.5 gallon ziploc, whether I sold them or I'm sending them for customizing.

I was out of bags, and they were on sale do I bought four boxes, 15 bags per box.

For the second time, the cashier dared to ask "What are you doing with all these giant ziploc bags".

Looked her dead in the eyes and said, "They're the perfect size for a human head" and I walked out.

LMAO!!!

I've done the same. I get them at Dollar Tree. I've been asked the same question...along with questionable looks.

Can't say I've had the balls to say something like that.

You're the man Fitzy.

I use Target bags.

Wait, for jerseys or heads?

LMAO!!!

I've done the same. I get them at Dollar Tree. I've been asked the same question...along with questionable looks.

Can't say I've had the balls to say something like that.

You're the man Fitzy.

I love messing with people, always have. Never grew out of it.

Do they have them in Dollar Tree?? How many do you get for a buck? I should check there.

I had an older woman at a CVS in one of the malls in Albany convinced that I was a river rats player, despite the team not existing for 5 years. I initially was going to tell her, but the girl I was with found it to be about the best thing ever, so I played along.

She absolutely went home that day and told her grandson that she met Rob Skrlac. Once she realized he was in his late 30s and had probably 70 pounds on me she was probably confused.

Wait, for jerseys or heads?

I love messing with people, always have. Never grew out of it.

Do they have them in Dollar Tree?? How many do you get for a buck? I should check there.

There's only 5 in a box. But they work. I think they are 2.5 gallon.

I had an older woman at a CVS in one of the malls in Albany convinced that I was a river rats player, despite the team not existing for 5 years. I initially was going to tell her, but the girl I was with found it to be about the best thing ever, so I played along.

She absolutely went home that day and told her grandson that she met Rob Skrlac. Once she realized he was in his late 30s and had probably 70 pounds on me she was probably confused.

When my best friend and I used to go to Devils games as like 14-15 year olds, we used to hang out on the concourse and talk about we were recently drafted and were practicing with the team. One time we signed autographs for like 15 kids.

There's only 5 in a box. But they work. I think they are 2.5 gallon.

Oh, ok. I paid $3.25 for 15 so it's roughly equal with the sale I caught. Will keep them in mind for the future though.

My problem with shipping jerseys is that we have a grocery store with a USPS dropoff at the customer service desk. I try to time it so that my trip is at a dead time of the day (after rush hour, before the end of the work day). But every time, without fail, I get stuck behind a minimum of three people who have complex orders.

I have gone 100% to printing my own postage and then having the mailman at my office pick up my packages. We had a regular carrier for 10 years, I used to give her bags and bags of stuff (which I'd carry out to the truck like a gentleman). She recently left and now we have had a series of replacements. I'll give them 1-2 things, but if I have more, I go to a post office that has a 24 hour drop box that most packages fit in.

What I'm saying is, I have it all set up so that I do not have to stand in line. Because yeah, anytime I did go in person I would get stuck behind the person who has loose items, no shipping container, nothing is addressed, and they expect the person at the window to walk them through how to mail something, as if somehow they got to adulthood having never mailed anything to anyone.

I store all my jerseys in sealed bags. I have some on hangers in a small closet but I have 6 large totes full of sealed jerseys. I'm just paranoid of (heaven forbid) water damage or smoke damage if my place ever lit up.

Same. I bought these big clear plastic suit bags with zippers. I have 3 of them side by side on a metal rod in my little "man cave" in my basement. It's nice because they're protected from dust and anything else that could get one them, yet they're still all visable which adds a nice touch to the room.

Super easy to just unzip one and grab whatever I want to wear.

I only utilize the bags for shipping. Otherwise, I hang mine on hangers in my closet.

What the hell is wrong with me????

I only utilize the bags for shipping. Otherwise, I hang mine on hangers in my closet.

What the hell is wrong with me????

Lol

I am going to buy like 50 mannequins, put a jersey on each one, and then cover it with a scuba suit, and then a suit of armor.

Storage problem solved.

Then you could have a Home Alone-style Christmas party too.

That reference really made me like you that much more. Well done.

In case you missed the reference:

Edited by mfitz804

Been using those 2-gallon bags that I usually use for business travel lately for shipping jerseys too. Nice and neat and they make sure they fit into the smallest box possible without messing up the jersey.

Been using those 2-gallon bags that I usually use for business travel lately for shipping jerseys too. Nice and neat and they make sure they fit into the smallest box possible without messing up the jersey.

You travel in a 2 gallon ziploc?? That is impressive.

:)

You travel in a 2 gallon ziploc?? That is impressive.

:)

Lol you put your nice clothes in there and make sure there is a little bit of air in there for cushion. This way when it's in your suitcase it doesn't get wrinkled to oblivion.

Lol you put your nice clothes in there and make sure there is a little bit of air in there for cushion. This way when it's in your suitcase it doesn't get wrinkled to oblivion.

That's a very interesting concept. I like it.