Ice Jersey Customization

jdto

Hi all,

I recently had a Penguins replica stadium jersey customized by Ice Jersey's, I bought a blank one from another source and sent it in for customization. When it came back though I thought it looked wrong, the numbers being too small for the jersey, its an XL. I know the numbers on the Penguins stadium series are different than their regular ones, but these numbers are much smaller then what on my other Penguins jersey, back numbers, arm numbers, everything (the name plate seems fine). To me it looked like numbers off a child's or some of the women's replica's. In the end ice jersey's refunded me for the customization, as I had sent it back to them, but I'm left with my jersey as is. Anyway I uploaded some pics of it, would love some informed opinions, if anyone else has one that they know is done right please share.

Thanks,

J

post-16684-0-31018000-1429906725_thumb.j

post-16684-0-53110500-1429906774_thumb.j

Edited by jdto

Now this is one I found for sale on eBay from a reputable seller in Pittsburgh, replica, same size (XL). The numbers look bigger, notice the gap difference between the bottom of the numbers and the piping at the bottom between my jersey above and this one. Maybe I'm crazy, feel free to let me know if I am :)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SIDNEY-CROSBY-87-PENGUINS-2014-STADIUM-SERIES-PREMIER-HOCKEY-JERSEY-XL-w-autkit-/151298985314?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item233a1f4d62

post-16684-0-17127300-1429907790_thumb.j

Edited by jdto

Just compare to any pic of a gameworn, and you can see that the second jersey looks more like the original gamer (but not exactly).

http://gameworn.us/forum/forum/main-category/auction-results-archive/229-2013-14-coors-light-stadium-series-pittsburgh-penguins-1st-period-3-1-14

Edited by LAK74

They told me they can't without ruining the jersey, offered me a decent price on a Pens alternate, as they don't have any of the stadium series left, but I'm still out the original $100 for the blank one I bought. I get it back, but its not customized properly, hardly seems fair.

Looks like 10 inch numbers on the back. I had hockey monkey do the same thing to me about two years ago before I knew any better and took a shot with them. You may be able to strip it, but the quality of those premiers is not great to begin with so you may damage it beyond repair.

At least you got your money back. I got told that it wasn't their problem and custom doesn't necessarily mean accurate, despite the description saying "on-ice". Their GM "summer" dodged my phone calls for 2 months and did nothing. Such a garbage business.

They told me they can't without ruining the jersey, offered me a decent price on a Pens alternate, as they don't have any of the stadium series left, but I'm still out the original $100 for the blank one I bought. I get it back, but its not customized properly, hardly seems fair.

I wouldn't settle for that. Not sure about how IJ handles their business but I'd try for at least a partial credit.

Yes I agree, after I posted I got more riled up. At this point for me, it's either replace the jersey (with a blank stadium series and or another Penguins one) and I'll pay for proper customization. I just don't think what I was offered was fair, a refund on the botched customization fee and blank alternate $129+tax, but they'll customize it for free (to cover "their costs" I was told), in the end I pay $129+tax etc. For me it's "no, I want a free blank jersey, and I'll pay again to customize it properly", i.e. $70+tax. In the end I bought the Penguins Stadium jersey, from another place, sent it in to them because I wanted pro customization and they messed it up. They can keep the botched one if they want, but give me another blank and I'll pay for proper customization is my view. I should add that this issue has been back and forth for a month now. I'm not exactly an old pro in the jersey field, so please folks let me know if you think I'm completely offside in my request.

Edited by jdto