Question about this Jersey (and Indo Edges in General)

architecht13

Hey guys,

Just signed up today and happy to finally be a member of the boards!

Been kinda homesick and came across this Islanders Jersey http://www.ebay.com/itm/301407996397?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT from Full Moon Jerseys over on ebay. I know they pics are not the best, but I think this may be an Indo and while the price is amazing, I've read that the Indo Edge Jerseys are made with Polyester and are not the most durable. Is this true?

I know it's probably a silly question, but I have not been able to find a decently priced Isles jersey in 58+ (what I usually wear - 6'6") or size 60 and this is the closest I have found.

Thanks for any help!

Welcome to the boards!

The jersey in the picture is actually not an Indo-Edge; it's a Canadian-made Edge 7187, otherwise known as the 1.0. This is the retail version (2008-11) of the jersey the Isles used on-ice, but it's not made of the same materials as the on-ice jerseys. This seller may not be using pictures of the actual jersey for sale, so you may want to contact them and ask questions. If the jersey they are selling is really an Indo-Edge, it will not have the vector logo you see in the picture, and will not have any brand or size tags in the neck area.

Welcome to the boards!

The jersey in the picture is actually not an Indo-Edge; it's a Canadian-made Edge 7187, otherwise known as the 1.0. This is the retail version (2008-11) of the jersey the Isles used on-ice, but it's not made of the same materials as the on-ice jerseys. This seller may not be using pictures of the actual jersey for sale, so you may want to contact them and ask questions. If the jersey they are selling is really an Indo-Edge, it will not have the vector logo you see in the picture, and will not have any brand or size tags in the neck area.

Wait so the edge 1.0s aren't made of the same materials as the on ice jerseys were during that time period? Does that also apply to the 2.0's? Edited by Jdems93

Welcome to the boards!

Thank you very much!

If this is not an Indo (I will send the seller a question about it in a bit) and is a 1.0, are the 1.0 jerseys on par with the feel of the 2.0's? I have heard from some that the 1.0's are tighter and some that they are a little looser.

So confusing.

Wait so the edge 1.0s aren't made of the same materials as the on ice jerseys were during that time period? Does that also apply to the 2.0's?

I'm referring specifically to the jersey model in the photo, which was the alternate in 2008/09, and later became the home. The Isles were already using 2.0's in 2008/09, so a 1.0 would not have been the on-ice jersey used at the time.

If this is not an Indo (I will send the seller a question about it in a bit) and is a 1.0, are the 1.0 jerseys on par with the feel of the 2.0's? I have heard from some that the 1.0's are tighter and some that they are a little looser.

People may vary in their opinions as to whether they prefer the fit of the 1.0 or the 2.0, but one thing that's pretty universal is that if you compare a 1.0 and 2.0 of the same model and size, the 2.0 will definitely be more roomy (larger chest area and baggier arms), but the sleeves will be shorter.

As to durability, I think most would agree the 2.0 wins hands-down. The airknit in the 2.0 is much more sturdy than the bubble mesh that is in the 1.0's, which also snags very easily. I like the comfort of the 1.0's because it's more soft and stretchy, and less rough than the 2.0 airknit, but every time I wear a 1.0 I'm paranoid about snagging it on something.

People may vary in their opinions as to whether they prefer the fit of the 1.0 or the 2.0, but one thing that's pretty universal is that if you compare a 1.0 and 2.0 of the same model and size, the 2.0 will definitely be more roomy (larger chest area and baggier arms), but the sleeves will be shorter.

As to durability, I think most would agree the 2.0 wins hands-down. The airknit in the 2.0 is much more sturdy than the bubble mesh that is in the 1.0's, which also snags very easily. I like the comfort of the 1.0's because it's more soft and stretchy, and less rough than the 2.0 airknit, but every time I wear a 1.0 I'm paranoid about snagging it on something.

That's probably the best assessment of the differences between 1.0 and 2.0 that I've read.

Thanks very much for this - very informative!

That's probably the best assessment of the differences between 1.0 and 2.0 that I've read.

I agree!