Hartford Whalers CCM Vintage Jerseys quality

catofadiferntskn

Can someone comment on the quality of the CCM Vintage Whalers Jerseys?

Are they the same quality as the Reebok Premiers?

Ive always wanted a Whalers Jersey and I imagine (have been eBay shopping for a while) finding a quality authenic to customize would be nearly impossible. So the CCMs seem ideal for that but Im trying to move away from the Premier Jersys.

Any input would be appreciated.

Guest Dr_Puck

I have a green CCM vintage Whalers that I often wear. They're quality jerseys and hold up well. I haven't even bothered to look for the authentics and the gamers cost an arm and a leg.

I also picked up a replica Binghamton Whalers via the Binghamton Senators' team shop two years ago; the Reebok logos are weird but the jersey looks great.

The next replica that I get will be a blue or white Hartford Whalers that's customized via sportsk.

To my knowledge there are a few different series of vintage jerseys by ccm, one called vintage and another under "Team classics" and then also I believe an authentic collection has been released at some point.

I have a team classic that features a heatpressed/stitched front logo that I'm very pleased with, look for this tag
2cdaaz5.jpg

Here's also a picture of the stitch work

2j3p7no.jpg

The other replica vintage series will feature a CCM tag with the vintage V logo to the right of it.
I believe that the vintage series has heat pressed logos on them but I've never had one to be sure.
Hope this helps

Edited by Devil91

Can someone comment on the quality of the CCM Vintage Whalers Jerseys?

Are they the same quality as the Reebok Premiers?

Ive always wanted a Whalers Jersey and I imagine (have been eBay shopping for a while) finding a quality authenic to customize would be nearly impossible. So the CCMs seem ideal for that but Im trying to move away from the Premier Jersys.

Any input would be appreciated.

How "vintage" are you talking? If you mean the green ones, I have one of the CCM Vintage replicas, which is WAY better quality than a Premier.

those looking for the navy/gray colors they wore at the end will find tons of authentics on eBay, just not in the 56 I have been after.

I need/want something 83-90... so I think covers two designs, both green, just not sure I want home or away just yet. Just not sure, just in the planning stage. Thanks for the info.

Better than premier is my hope, they frustrate me, not that I'm going for perfect on this one. I imagine that would be way to $$$.

I need/want something 83-90... so I think covers two designs, both green, just not sure I want home or away just yet. Just not sure, just in the planning stage. Thanks for the info.

Better than premier is my hope, they frustrate me, not that I'm going for perfect on this one. I imagine that would be way to $$$.

If "better than a Premier" is all you are looking for, all you are looking for, the CCM vintage replicas will work for you. Sportsk has both white and green.

Green:

http://www.sportsk.com/hartford-whalers-vintage-jersey.html

White:

http://www.sportsk.com/vintage-whalers-home-1982-jersey.html

I'm not sure if they make them in the "Team Classics" collection, but a lot of people don't like those either, they are cut too long like the Mitchell & Ness jerseys.

That's the exact reason why I love my classics jersey, I like a little length mainly because I usually sport a hoodie underneath.
I also have a pretty broad frame so the extra inch or two is perfect.

That's the exact reason why I love my classics jersey, I like a little length mainly because I usually sport a hoodie underneath.

I also have a pretty broad frame so the extra inch or two is perfect.

Everyone has their preference. I don't mind the length of those either, but I know a lot of people do. I usually wear an XXL, I never tried but I suspect I could wear a XL in the Team Classics series.

Just trying to keep the OP informed of his options.

I agree about the team classics cut. I usually wear an XL for the 550's but for Team Classics I wear a Large. The Team Classics are just really long like M&N jerseys and wish they would fix that.

If "better than a Premier" is all you are looking for, all you are looking for, the CCM vintage replicas will work for you. Sportsk has both white and green.

Green:

http://www.sportsk.com/hartford-whalers-vintage-jersey.html

White:

http://www.sportsk.com/vintage-whalers-home-1982-jersey.html

I'm not sure if they make them in the "Team Classics" collection, but a lot of people don't like those either, they are cut too long like the Mitchell & Ness jerseys.