New Jersey Devils retro night

Devil91

Going to retro night for the first time this year (st pattys day)
Obviously the team dresses in their 82-92 red and green uniforms, but is there anything else in regards to merchandise/jerseys that are being sold? Trying to decide if I should start putting money away now since I'll probably clean out the Den if there is.

Mods: I'm fairly new here so my apologies if this thread is in the wrong section.

I've been to a couple retro nights before, they used to bring out some red and green hats and other merch as well, but since the Stadium Sries was announced last year, they seemed to keep most of it available, before and after. Not sure there will be anything additional that's special to buy.

So am I, I bought something each of the last 3 times I went. It's the only time that not being able to go often has been good for me.

• 4 weeks later...

They didn't sell throwback player T-shirts for retro night. They had some for the SS game last year (Saw Elias, Schneider, Clowe, Henrique and Brodeur) but not for retro night. They do have sold green St. Patrick's themed player shirts for the game though.

They also used to sell special game pucks in the Devils Den that had the date of the retro night game on it and the black on the logo is replaced with dark green. I know they sold it for 2010 and 2012 but haven't seen it for 2011. They didn't have retro night in 2013 and for 2014 retro night they didn't have these pucks but instead had a solid green St. Patrick's day themed puck with the date on it.

Skip on all that and just save up for the retro night game worn jersey auctions later on;)

• 4 weeks later...

Update: started to see St Pattys day stuff available at the den, but no sign of player tee's or anything too out of the ordinary. can't wait for the game.

Update: started to see St Pattys day stuff available at the den, but no sign of player tee's or anything too out of the ordinary. can't wait for the game.

What have they got?

Basically kelly green shirts with a white logo if I recall correctly, a hat or two with the same colorway and than pucks and stuff like that.
I wouldn't mind them making a slew of vintage reebok player tees, I know that's not everybody's thing but to have an xmas tree colorway of mckay, lemieux or Neids would be cool for when it gets too warm to wear a jersey.

I saw all the St. Patrick's Day items at the Prudential Center last night. Basically the same stuff they have had in years past. I doubt they will do retro player tee's since they never did those in the past with the only exception for the Stadium Series game.

How would you guys feel if one year they wore jerseys that reversed the red and green, so they were still the same style but with a red yoke and green as the main color? The crest colors wouldn't change, and the numbers would be white with red trim. Would that look stupid or would it be a fun twist?

How would you guys feel if one year they wore jerseys that reversed the red and green, so they were still the same style but with a red yoke and green as the main color? The crest colors wouldn't change, and the numbers would be white with red trim. Would that look stupid or would it be a fun twist?

It would defeat the entire purpose of "retro night" since it would be a new jersey. Other than that, if you were going to introduce it as a new 3rd jersey, I'd take a look at it, might be cool. Almost like this shirt Mitchell & Ness put out:

http://shop.nhl.com/New_Jersey_Devils_Gear/Mens_New_Jersey_Devils_Mitchell_And_Ness_Green_1st_Period_Long_Sleeve_T-Shirt

Most Devils fans are opposed to a 3rd, or any changes to the jersey at all. As a jersey addict, it'd be another to buy and of course I would have at least one.

It would defeat the entire purpose of "retro night" since it would be a new jersey. Other than that, if you were going to introduce it as a new 3rd jersey, I'd take a look at it, might be cool. Almost like this shirt Mitchell & Ness put out:

http://shop.nhl.com/New_Jersey_Devils_Gear/Mens_New_Jersey_Devils_Mitchell_And_Ness_Green_1st_Period_Long_Sleeve_T-Shirt

Most Devils fans are opposed to a 3rd, or any changes to the jersey at all. As a jersey addict, it'd be another to buy and of course I would have at least one.

I don't think I'd like that. And as long as Uncle Lou is running things we'll never see a 3rd jersey that's for sure

I would be open to that as long as the logo never gets tampered with, it can never be better than it is in any way, shape or form.

I almost agree, if they wanted to go with an alt logo with the traditional logos of the shoulders it might be ok with me, depending on the logo. I thought something similar to the 2004 ASG with "Devils" on the front might not be bad for a special, one off game, if not a traditional third.

Honest they could do anything and I'm hardcore enough that is have to get one.

I almost agree, if they wanted to go with an alt logo with the traditional logos of the shoulders it might be ok with me, depending on the logo. I thought something similar to the 2004 ASG with "Devils" on the front might not be bad for a special, one off game, if not a traditional third.

Honest they could do anything and I'm hardcore enough that is have to get one.

How about they have a retro white jersey to change things up

The retro whites are also very cool looking, especially on the ice, green pops a lot.
I've heard people in the den ask about them a few times, I'd be open to it.

I just can't see what logo they could ever even think to come up with, I'm not wearing some kind of cartoon devil on my jerseys.

I'm not saying to fix it, I wouldn't change the regular jerseys. I'd just supplement them. And I'm not sure if a regular third is what I'd want, but for a special event I wouldn't mind.

The Stadium Series jerseys (which I did buy and am wearing) are nice, but I'd have preferred one that went along with the theme rather than just the same jersey we already wear once a year with a patch on the shoulder. And I say this almost completely because I like jerseys and wouldn't mind buying a new one rather than yet another of the same one I have plenty of.

A revamped jersey that mirrors the 82-92 jerseys but substituted with red and black rather than with green (since we'll never see it again) would be cool.