Vintage jerseys not produced yet

DesertRat

As you know, I love the semi-pro Vintage jerseys. There are some that I wish were made...

1980-1992 New Jersey Devils (the red and green)

1967-1970 Oakland Seals (green and blue colors)

1974-1976 California Golden Seals (the teal and gold color scheme)

1976-1978 Cleveland Barons

pre-1980 Pittsburgh Penguins (any of the blue era jerseys)

1980-1985 Vancouver Canucks black jersey (V)

1985-1989 Vancouver Canucks black jersey (skate logo)

the Hartford Whalers. I understand that there is some licensing issue that prevents that. Notice in the EA Sports games, you can't wear Hartford Whalers throwbacks.

Those are just the ones that I would like to see made, but there are a handful that I left off the list. I know that Mitchell & Ness made some of these, but I don't care for their versions. They made an attempt at dureen, but there's nothing more comfortable than Air-Knit. I don't know what RBK's attitude toward the throwbacks are, hopefully they'll continue the line. :)

As you know, I love the semi-pro Vintage jerseys. There are some that I wish were made...

the Hartford Whalers. I understand that there is some licensing issue that prevents that. Notice in the EA Sports games, you can't wear Hartford Whalers throwbacks.

Those are just the ones that I would like to see made, but there are a handful that I left off the list. I know that Mitchell & Ness made some of these, but I don't care for their versions. They made an attempt at dureen, but there's nothing more comfortable than Air-Knit. I don't know what RBK's attitude toward the throwbacks are, hopefully they'll continue the line. :)

I would like to see these two as well. I really liked the Canucks Skate Logo jerseys.

You don't really want to see the Devils in red and green again, do you? The Devils are the only team that ever made a good change in going to black in their uniforms.

You don't really want to see the Devils in red and green again, do you? The Devils are the only team that ever made a good change in going to black in their uniforms.

The Devils could update a little at this point, but the simplicity works. I'd like to see them make the St. Pats sweaters and the Atlanta Flames sweaters too.

How should they update? I don't really see anything that is wrong with it. Maybe try something different with the shoulders but really, I see no reason for change.

How should they update? I don't really see anything that is wrong with it. Maybe try something different with the shoulders but really, I see no reason for change.

I wouldn't change the design, they could just do something with a a shoulder patch or adding a gray or silver stripe or something between the black and red. Not much, just a little something since it's been so plain for such a long time. (the gray/silver is just an example, not something I actually think they should do - just to show it would be something very small).

I don't want them to go back to wearing them, I just want a semi-pro set produced that I can add to my collection someday. I think they would sell. I do see some people wearing them at Coyotes games, believe it or not.

I used to live in Queens and when my Islanders started winning Stanley Cups left and right, it was impossible to get tickets at the Coliseum. The other options for me to see hockey were the rangers and Devils. So, I became a part-time Devils fan; Isles and Devils fans share one thing, hatred for the Blueshirts (and Flyers)! The Devils games I went to were in the red and green era, so I'm kinda partial to those.

1980-1992 New Jersey Devils (the red and green)

1967-1970 Oakland Seals (green and blue colors)

1974-1976 California Golden Seals (the teal and gold color scheme)

1976-1978 Cleveland Barons

pre-1980 Pittsburgh Penguins (any of the blue era jerseys)

1980-1985 Vancouver Canucks black jersey (V)

This is what I can tell you about these:

1980-1992 New Jersey Devils (the red and green) Hasn't been offered yet

1967-1970 Oakland Seals (green and blue colors) Hasn't been offered yet

1974-1976 California Golden Seals (the teal and gold color scheme) Hasn't been offered yet (though we have had a few different versions of Seals/Golden Seals jerseys available

1976-1978 Cleveland Barons - Hasn't been offered yet

pre-1980 Pittsburgh Penguins (any of the blue era jerseys) We had the 1972 penguins jersey for a long time until just recently:

away_jersey-1972_big.jpg

We also had the 1967 expansion era jersey (although this one was dureen):

1967_expansion_jersey_big.jpg

We now have the 1977 version available for sale here:

https://www.icejerseys.com/cart/item_details.php?id=4196

1980-1985 Vancouver Canucks black jersey (V) We only have the gold version

1985-1989 Vancouver Canucks black jersey (skate logo) We have the gold version again

the Hartford Whalers. I understand that there is some licensing issue that prevents that. Notice in the EA Sports games, you can't wear Hartford Whalers throwbacks. This is correct. When the team moved to Carolina, the Whalers owners maintained all rights to the Whalers name and logo, so the license has never been offered as the league doesn't own it.

The Devils could update a little at this point, but the simplicity works. I'd like to see them make the St. Pats sweaters and the Atlanta Flames sweaters too.

We had both of these in the past:

authentic_jersey_big.jpg

away_jersey-1971_big.jpg

home_jersey-1978_big.jpg

The Flames jerseys could probably pass as modern today, with only slight alterations.

I might have to get a St. Pats jersey if they're in in the future... Maybe I'd do a kind of "modern throwback" and put Steen or Wellwood on it.

[the Hartford Whalers. I understand that there is some licensing issue that prevents that. Notice in the EA Sports games, you can't wear Hartford Whalers throwbacks. This is correct. When the team moved to Carolina, the Whalers owners maintained all rights to the Whalers name and logo, so the license has never been offered as the league doesn't own it.

I am a bit confused by this. You state that when the team moved to Carolina the owners of the Whalers maintained all the rights to the name and logo. Karmanos bought the team 3 years before he moved the team to Carolina, would this not make him the owner of the team? So is it Karmanos that owns the rights to the name or someone (corporation or person) in Hartford that owns the rights?

Edit: Upon further research, the Connecticut Development Authority (basically the City of Hartford itself) still owns the rights to the name and logo of the Hartford Whalers.

I am a bit confused by this. You state that when the team moved to Carolina the owners of the Whalers maintained all the rights to the name and logo. Karmanos bought the team 3 years before he moved the team to Carolina, would this not make him the owner of the team? So is it Karmanos that owns the rights to the name or someone (corporation or person) in Hartford that owns the rights?

Edit: Upon further research, the Connecticut Development Authority (basically the City of Hartford itself) still owns the rights to the name and logo of the Hartford Whalers.

I stand corrected... I just knew that someone other than the league or hurricanes held the Whalers rights. thanks for getting to the bottom of it!

I stand corrected... I just knew that someone other than the league or hurricanes held the Whalers rights. thanks for getting to the bottom of it!

Not a problem, it was one of those things that I have wondered but never taken the time to look up the information until now. Though I would like it if a Whalers jersey was made available to the public.