North Dakota customizer

hatryk

hey big a. is that ur collection they are auctioning off on gameworn this fall? :stickhndl:

Is it my collection now? Nope, I wish. Will it be my collection? Hopefully! :P

In reality, that guy has put so much money into his collection I can't even fathom. The crazy part is, he's going to turn a profit on just about everything. You will see some ridiculous prices in that auction...beyond most NHL pieces.

Edited by Big A HG

Is it my collection now? Nope, I wish. Will it be my collection? Hopefully! :P

In reality, that guy has put so much money into his collection I can't even fathom. The crazy part is, he's going to turn a profit on just about everything. You will see some ridiculous prices in that auction...beyond most NHL pieces.

ha! good luck!

i have a feeling you are right on the prices note... i figured on tuning in for that toews jersey, but i have a suspicion that it will end up too rich for my blood....

• 2 weeks later...

A wee bit off topic but a friend of mine is interested in moving to Grand Forks. Any feedback on the city and region?

City is nice and friendly. It does get pretty cold there in the winter time but nothing to bad. If he likes to hunt, fish and snowmobile he is going to the right area. Can I ask what he will be doing there (job or school)?

A wee bit off topic but a friend of mine is interested in moving to Grand Forks. Any feedback on the city and region?

It's an ok little town. If you like hockey, Sioux hockey is as fun as anything I've ever been to as far as pro or collegiate sports, so it helps the winters pass. Speaking of winter, it sucks. A lot. I grew up in Wisconsin, so I thought I had winters down pat pretty good. Grand Forks is a whole 'nother level of winter. The downtown scene is ok, if that's your thing. Plenty of bars. All-in-all it's just an average blue collar town with not a ton of things to do, but it grows on you. UND makes Grand Forks, so it's got a nice college atmosphere to it.

North Dakota is a great state to live. It's not like other parts of the country. Economically it's self-sufficient, tons of jobs, great place to raise a family. You just have to let the place grow on you.