What's the best way to get a Player Autograph/Signature?

DJ Rhea

There are a couple avenues you can try:

- Look for official autograph signings at places like AJ's Sports World, etc. Very often you can mail something in to have it signed.

- Try to wait outside after practice or after games. I have obtained Flyers' signatures waiting outside after home games.

- Lesser option, you can try emailing a team rep, asking for help, particularly if you're not local to the team. This has worked for me in the past with AHL teams.

Sometimes if you go through a store it will cost money (obviously) or through a team rep, you may need to make a donation to charity.

Thank you for being helpful, I'll try and locate a team rep, and see if they will accept post.

Regarding the team rep this is a good idea. The Vancouver Canucks used to actually write up in their annual media guide, "we love getting fan mail, players will do their best to reply to all requests". Depending on WHAT you want signed and your trust in the team policies, many people send in items and eventually have them sent back.

Not that all teams do this, or even that Vancouver still does this, but if you politely call or email a team rep and inquire it doesnt hurt. Especially if you are overseas and cant get to the location.

I recall a team flew out someone to attend a game after he sent photos showing his fan support from somewhere obscure.

Also as mentioned above, many autograph dealers accept mailed in items that are signed and documented and shipped back.

...but if you politely call or email a team rep and inquire it doesnt hurt.

May not want to get me to call on your behalf, if that's the case :D

The thread started with a member in Chicago, asking -

"What would be the easiest way to go about this, particularly the Hawks and road teams as they come to Chicago."

Was implied he'd be in person...don't think the sarcasm was directed towards folks across the pond.

Don't let my random belligerence ruin your fun :)