Shipping a jersey to Canada...do I have to go to Post Office?

I purchased my postage online and printed it, I got the 4-copy customs form/label. I usually take these to the post office in person. Anyone know if there is a way I could just have my carrier take it? If so, how do I attach the label(s)?

Any info on this is helpful, thanks.

To attach the forms to the package you need to use this: https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?productId=P_FORM_2976_E

FORM%202976-E-01-main-350x270.jpg

They should have them at your post office. If you think you'll be doing this a lot, you can always order them for free and they'll mail you a set of 10 of them (just like you can do for the free boxes and tyvek bags).

Of the 4 customs forms, one is your copy (#4 if I recall) and one the Post Office keeps (should be #3) and the other two go in the clear envelope.

I always go to the Post Office when I send a package out Internationally. Since it sounds like you need to go in to get the clear customs form envelope, you might as well ask them if in the future you can give it to your carrier instead.

I probably won't be doing it a lot, I just hate going to the post office. We have similar clear envelopes from FedEx, I am very tempted to just try to use one of those but I don't want that to delay my package or cause it to come back.

Oh well, I guess I know where I will be on my lunch hour. I do believe I will order a pack of them anyway so I have them just in case.

Thanks for your input!

Confirmed you are correct; as long as its Priority Mail, and you have the envelopes, you can print your own customs forms and either drop it off or give it to your carrier.

They wouldn't, however, give me any extras, they told me to order them online. Which I had already done.

Good to know to know I can just hand it to my carrier next time. Thanks for the update.

34034547-vi.jpg

These days you should be able to fill out the customs form online and print them along with your postage. I have done it for USPS First Class to Canada and have needed the envelope thing, just signed the form I printed out and taped it to the box.

Yeh First Class is just one sheet that you can tape or print on an adhesive label. You only need the clear envelope if you ship if Priority, then you'll end up with the 4 forms, but you can fill them out online as well.

If it's not someone I know well, I normally still go with Priority International for the tracking.

Edited by akteon

First class International has tracking to Canada, I have been using it for shipping to Canada on ebay for a while now.

Mikey Knows

been shipping things to me for a few years know and I have never paid duty