Ordering From RCS

xsportsdudex

I know some of you frown upon people bringing up other sites on here but seeing that River City Sports had Blackhawks 2.0s for $200 I just had to buy one. When I first placed the order I got an email a couple days later saying that my order was declined because I used a debit card. No big deal, call them back and they say they will still honor the sale price if I can give them a new, valid credit card which also happened to get declined. Have any of you had issues ordering from them before? Specifically people from the US since I think this might be an issue because of the international order.

Call your credit card company and tell them you are actually trying to make the purchase. They are probably blocking it because its from outside the USA (assuming you rarely travel they would do that as a safety precaution).

Yup, it's the card company fearful of a foreign transaction. The same thing happened to me a few months back when I ordered from Frozen Pond. I had to call my card company and physically tell them to authorize the transaction when processed. It's definitely a good thing that they watch it like that but it's still frustrating.

It's a percentage of the purchase value.

Bought a Hawks jersey myself and I live in the States. But, being only a few hours from Winnipeg, I don't think it red-flagged it.