NHL Planning Another Outdoor Game in 07/08

Well we got the Kings and Ducks opening the season in London and now it appears we may have an outdoor game on the tilt upcoming.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2890523

I am glad that they want to include an American team, though I am guessing it is just another way to get Pittsburgh and Crosby on TV as I am thinking Pittsburgh will be the American team.

Well, it's probably a longshot but here's hoping for Rangers-Islanders at Yankee Stadium. That's been in the works for a few years now.

Buffalo vs. Toronto @ Ralph Wilson so I can go :D

Buffalo and Toronto would be a fun matchup to watch too. If it was in Toronto though, would they play the game at SkyDome?

Buffalo and Toronto would be a fun matchup to watch too. If it was in Toronto though, would they play the game at SkyDome?

And open the roof to the Rogers Centre just for that, I don't think they would do that, and where's the charm of playing an outdoor game in a partly-indoor venue? Speaking of which, the Blue Jays played their first game in that building 18 years ago tonight (June 5). Couldn't pass up on that tidbit of trivia. B)

No, I'd hope not. That'd kinda be like the Habs playing in Olympic Stadium and them calling it an 'outdoor' game just because it's not in an arena.

It's too bad Exhibition Stadium has been gone for about 10 years...that would've been perfect.

That would be a fun matchup. I would definitely travel anywhere in the country to see an outdoor match. The experience with the crowd is what I would be looking forward to the most.

• 2 months later...

Looks like they got the game planned and soon to be announced. Pittsburgh at Buffalo on New Years Day.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=txnh...t&type=lgns

Looks like they got the game planned and soon to be announced. Pittsburgh at Buffalo on New Years Day.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=txnh...t&type=lgns

Why, why why on NYD? I mean I would LOVE to go to this game but I usually have other plans for NYE- couldn't they just schedule it for the 6th or something? Now I am conflicted, do I go to B-lo, drink from 6am (when the bars close) on through the game or stay warm in another part of the country???

Why, why why on NYD? I mean I would LOVE to go to this game but I usually have other plans for NYE- couldn't they just schedule it for the 6th or something? Now I am conflicted, do I go to B-lo, drink from 6am (when the bars close) on through the game or stay warm in another part of the country???

How often do you get to see your favorite team play an outdoor game? The Sabres, Sidney Crosby, the New Year, that sounds like on hell of a party! And you're thinking about doing something else?!? This could be an unforgettable experience. New Years 2008 is on a Tuesday, so no need to worry about conflicting with a Bills playoff game (ya, like that will happen!) :P

New Years 2008 is on a Tuesday, so no need to worry about conflicting with a Bills playoff game (ya, like that will happen!) :P

I laughed out loud at that one- now the whole office thinks I am crazy- thanks DR! :thumbsup:

Now I am conflicted, do I go to B-lo, drink from 6am (when the bars close) on through the game or stay warm in another part of the country???

Dude...are you kidding me? I don't think that should really be a question!

New Year's Day? Up against all that college football tradition?

Simply idiotic. Way to get swept under the rug before you've even got out of the gate.

Now I am conflicted, do I go to B-lo, drink from 6am (when the bars close) on through the game or stay warm in another part of the country???

Dude...are you kidding me? I don't think that should really be a question!

I think its entirely possible that if I did that I would kill my liver in one day.