2009 ASG Customization

Zeshy25

Family bought me a 2009 ASG East jersey - Edge 46 from River City Sports.

Debating to have it customized as either Lundqvist or Kovalev.

They have an option to customize for $80 but, I don't know the quality of their customization.

Don't see a lot of these jerseys out there so I was hoping someone could tell me who did the customization for this jersey and/or if RCS would do a good job. Thanks

Would Cutting Edge be able to accurately customize the jersey? Are they good at matching font & lettering if I send pictures as an example?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking of going with Cutting Edge Sports. Anyone know what their current turnaround time is? Also, do they offer any discounts (% off, reduced shipping, etc) if you send multiple jerseys?

• 2 weeks later...

c'mon guys - someone must know who did the customization for this jersey?

Some help please. Looking to get this done with Kovalev or Lundqvist (before he leaves :glare: )

It's Smoothfit numbering and I believe there was another thread here somewhere that mentioned that Cutting Edge did them, but either way thats what you have to ask for. Let me know how it goes.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=405343

Does anyone know for sure if the nameplates on the 2009 ASG jerseys were also sublimated, as the NHL.com article seems to imply? I've seen closeups of the numbers, which are definitely one-layer sublimated, but in this picture of Ovechkin's nameplate, the letters look to me like they aren't sublimated, although the resolution is not good enough to be sure one way or the other. Any opinions?

image_zps34035516.jpg

To me it looks like that they are stitched on. I can't really see the stitches but when you zoom in you can see little snags or pulls around the letters and the H has a crease in it making me think that it stitched faberic

Exactly what I was thinking. I really hope the nameplate is stitched, because I don't know that any customizer out there that works with the public can do a sublimated nameplate. I just picked up 2 of these jerseys, and like Zeshy25, I'm trying to figure out who would be best to go with.

I'm going to reach out to Cutting Edge to see if they can customize these jerseys with sublimated namplate. Will let you know what they said.

I also spoke to an employee at NHL store and they said that Arenawear can do customization for ANY Reebok jersey but, I'm not confident the employees know what they are talking about. May shoot them an email also and see what they say.

. I'm gonna bring a few NYR in there this weekend but I wouldn't do anything else there most likely.

To Arena Wear or the NHL store?

Got off the phone with Arenawear. They will check if they have the "cuts" (I'm assuming fonts) for the 2009 jersey. He (Joe) said they generally don't do sublimation but, he will check the correct customization for the nameplate and numbers and give me a call back tomorrow.

FYI - They do NOT do the 2011-2012 ASG jerseys because of the sublimation on the numbers.

Also, he said its only $80 to customize any of the current Rangers EDGE jerseys, as opposed to the $100 that NHL store charges.

Really? Because I was told last year that I had to go through the NHL Store and they weren't allowed to deal directly with customers. I was going to bring 2 in to the NHL Store to send to them. I'd love if you could PM me the phone number and all that info and whatnot. I'll send straight to them, save $40-60 cause I'm adding patches as well.

Got a response from Cutting Edge Sports and they confirmed they can accurately customize the 2009 NHL All-Star jersey, and 2011-2012 All-Star Game jerseys (Red and Blue styles). Each jersey would be $65 plus shipping with turnaround time before Christmas.

Will likely be going with them and cross my fingers on the turnaround time.

Just because they can do them doesn't mean that they actually did do them for the games. I'd be curious to know. I thought they did them for 09, but not sure about 11-12. If they did actually do them for all 3 then I have 4 jerseys to send them.

Does anyone know for sure if the nameplates on the 2009 ASG jerseys were also sublimated, as the NHL.com article seems to imply? I've seen closeups of the numbers, which are definitely one-layer sublimated, but in this picture of Ovechkin's nameplate, the letters look to me like they aren't sublimated, although the resolution is not good enough to be sure one way or the other. Any opinions?

This game worn jersey has stitched letters.

http://www.mypenscollection.com/2009-evgeni-malkin-all-star-jersey-2nd-period-1st-goal.html

8681007_orig.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Will include when I send it to Cutting Edge. So I am clear - stitched letters onto namplate and numbers on back and shoulder are all stitched. How are the blue and white layers stiched on the back? kiss-cut, reverse kiss cut? And for the sleeve numbers? Thanks

The numbers are not stitched together. They are one layer sublimated.

Wally1912, nice picture of the nameplate, thank you.

Zeshy25, here's a more closeup photo of a number so you can see the stitching and sublimation.

image_zps52087cf9.jpg