Rangers 6100s with nameplates

BanthaBeard

Morning chaps!

I've just picked up a blank blue Reebok 6100 that would make a great Callahan rookie jersey, however I've seen very brief mentions that some of the Rangers jerseys between 2005-2007 had nameplates, including possibly Cally. Thus far all of my Rangers 6100s have been done without nameplates, on the understanding that they only started using them when the Edges came into use.

I know that I saw this mentioned a while back but can't for the life of me find the post that explains it now. Can anyone explain it?

Prior to the Reebok Edge, the Rangers did not routinely use nameplates aside from pre-season / training camp jerseys.

There are plenty of examples out there of Rangers game worn jerseys from the 2006-07 season without nameplates:

Nylander Shannahan Prucha Lundqvist Weekes

There are also examples of Rangers pre-season game worn jerseys from 2006-07 that have nameplates, however in these cases the name was normally screened on the nameplate:

Girardi Richter

Another time a team like the Rangers who routinely didn't use nameplates might need to would be in the case of call-ups. Here's photo proof of Dan Girardi with a nameplate in 2006-07 wearing #46 (he wore #50 in the pre-season as shown in the link just above). So it stands to reason other call-ups from that season would probably also have had nameplates (like Callahan).

The Rangers didn't start using plates until the EDGE years BUT all three of Callahan's rookie jerseys from 2006-07 had nameplates on them. I know because my friend owns two of them and I know the guy who owns the third. Girardi and Dubinsky also used them during their regular season call-ups and possibly into the playoffs as well.

Well Lundqvist's blue 6100 gamer from 2006-07 I linked above didn't have a nameplate. Considering he never played in the minors and played in 53 games in his rookie season of 2005-06, I'd assume he never had a nameplate prior to the Edge since he was never a call-up.

The nameplates were only on the ROOKIE jerseys. Those higher-numbers unis stemmed from leftover pre-season and/or training camp jerseys that were just hanging around at the time of the call-ups so they slapped a plate on it for a simple re-use if necessary after the year. As it turned out, Callahan, Girardi AND Dubinsky all stuck around so they just kept wearing the jerseys for the remainder of the season and then into the playoffs.

The Rangers didn't start using plates until the EDGE years BUT all three of Callahan's rookie jerseys from 2006-07 had nameplates on them. I know because my friend owns two of them and I know the guy who owns the third. Girardi and Dubinsky also used them during their regular season call-ups and possibly into the playoffs as well.

Yes... This is true... They were all rookies and wore odd rookie numbers that had nameplates..

Great, cheers guys. I'll see about getting the Cally done up with a nameplate.

Not gonna lie...I am in love with my Cally liberty rookie I just got back from EPS a month ago.

I've actually got a blank Liberty as well and it was a real toss up between that and the blue as to which to do up as Cally's rookie. The Liberty will either be a rookie Hank, or an Ortmeyer to go with my game worm Wolf Pack jersey of his.

I just saw in your collection you've got that Betts white 6100 - I eyed that thing forever on MeiGray after I found a photomatch for it, but when I had the funds to buy it was gone. At least it went to a good home.

Cheers buddy. I did exactly the same, watched it for ever until finally taking the plunge. I've got to stop buying jerseys for a while though and start getting the ones I have customized. Almost all of my jerseys are blank at the moment!