Getting a custom built jersey from scratch - need some help!

I am at my wits end with finding this jersey:

147026.jpg

So I have decided that for a placeholder until I can get a real one, I would like to make a custom jersey.

The questions I have are about how to get it done. I have no sewing skills whatsoever but I have a few ideas.

The easiest idea I have had is to make this scenario:

hockeymonkey_2272_169938816.jpg+ hockeymonkey_2271_193197273.jpg= Team Norway 2010!!

The modifications would be narrowing the sleeves and then moving them up and making new stripes for the hem. I also have a Oilers premiere that could be torn apart in an easier fashion too. I suspect this could take up to 3 jerseys to make. I will of course get a name and number on it in proper font and get the NORGE across the front as close to specs as possible. I have a white OG jersey that I plan to measure for size and send it along when I get it made. Wouldnt mind adding a fight strap if the reebok gameworn is of decent quality.

Is this a feasible idea? Is there a better way about doing this? I am not expecting real Nike swift material here, just something I can rock around here until I can get my hands on a real one from one of the players. I also need to make the laces somehow and could snag them from a reebok replica or another gamewear jersey.

Has anybody attempted something like this before?

Thanks!

I say go for it, this sounds like a pretty awesome, albeit time-consuming project.

• 2 weeks later...

It will be time consuming but Im not doing the work so thats ok. I cant sew anyways. I will post pics when its done!

It will be time consuming but Im not doing the work so thats ok. I cant sew anyways. I will post pics when its done!

I may have a solution for you that would require no sewing whatsoever:

BRufXtDCMAEZT5q_jpg_large-vi.jpgBRuhV0nCQAAVqa_jpg_large-vi.jpg

Sublimation is your friend! LOL

Well, the original is sublimated. Can you guys make something like this?

Wouldnt want the Norge on the front anyways. Just the striping and the lace up collar. Send me a pm on prices if you dont mind. I will be away for vacation over the next few days though so no rush.