MN Wild Looking to Add New Alternate

Report: Wild getting fan feedback on potential redesign

Recently an Icethetics reader emailed in to report that the MINNESOTA WILD are in the process of getting feedback from fans regarding a possible new road sweater design. I'm told that during a tour a couple of Wild fans were invited to take a look at two different concept designs and give their input.

The reader provided descriptions but got the information secondhand so the details are somewhat sketchy. I'm relaying them here but take them for what they're worth.

One was a white sweater with the large, Wild head crest on the front, vertical stripes are gone. Replaced with 2 horizontal green stripes on the arms. He said the "red was gone" from the shoulder yoke, but didn't specify whether the shoulders had any color left.

The other option was basically a reverse of the current alternates. Antique white base with the Minnesota Wild Script and green accents.

I'm eager to see what the Wild come up with if they do redesign the road sweater, if for no other reason than their current road uniforms are my least favorite. They just don't fit in well with the club's home and alternate jerseys. Very different look and feel. But it's one that was carried over from the team's inception in 2000 to the Reebok Edge league-wide redesign in 2007.

It's not going to be an alternate, it would replace their current road sweater. Personally I wish they'd replace that god awful home jersey, I hate the red/green Christmas look.

It's not going to be an alternate, it would replace their current road sweater. Personally I wish they'd replace that god awful home jersey, I hate the red/green Christmas look.

There's a moral to that jersey. It's actually paying homage to the 1915 St. Paul Athletic Club amateur/professional hockey team:

St.%20Paul%20Athletic%20Club%201915.jpgSeems like half the teams in the league have plagiarized that design now though (Blues, Jackets, Panthers, Pens, Hawks...)

I like the Wild's logo. That being said, the Houston Aeros have one the best sets of jerseys in hockey. Minnesota will always have sharp jerseys.

Yeah; Aeros jerseys are extremely attractive.

I just saw the Aeros' play last week and I thought the white jersey was hideous. But their logo, a holdover from the IHL days, is great. I think the Wild have by far the worst set of jerseys in the league. I hate all of them. I did like their original green. But I have always hated their logo.

Proposals from my NHL forum I post on:

p11158403p275w.jpg

Also, some have proposed the red jersey just be changed to a cream ("wheat") color or change the cursive Forest Greens to wheat/cream color, either of which I think would be great. Another proposal:

NewWild_zpsc76795a9.jpg

More:

wildproto.jpg

Another proposal:

NewWild_zpsc76795a9.jpg

Love this one, lose the red!

This league needs more green...there isn't really anyone who owns the green in this league anymore. Dallas is in love with the black now and Minnesota can't decide if it wants to be red or green...embrace the green!

Our reds will ALWAYS be a classic in my book. SO many teams copied the circle concept as pointed out above after we came out with them. We were obviously not the originals - those were, as I said, paying homage to our St. Paul Athletic Club - but after the Blues, Panthers, Jackets, Pens and Hawks shortly thereafter brought that concept to theirs it sort of was getting played out.

You can't really say the Blackhawks took the idea from Minnesota's third. Their original six throwback jersey had it when Minnesota still had an N on the front of its team's shirt.

That's true which is why I pointed out where MN's original concept came from. It was just that Chicago rebirth'd that one (at least I believe they did) pretty much after we brought our reds out - at least a lot of other teams did.

I believe Dallas is going back to a green jersey!

Dallas should have been renamed the 'Southstars' and we should have retained the right to our original team name, much like we should have done with the rights to the 'Lakers' name when they split to LA.

But I digress..

You can always become the Minnesota Polaris, right?

Man, on the area of the Wild on the NHL board I post on I almost got hell banned for all the names I came up with. I frankly think "wild" is the worst name in the history of pro sports, and yes, I was a season ticket holder for the first five seasons downtown at the X.

I have sooooo many better names I will never understand why they named us that.

Dallas should have been renamed the 'Southstars' and we should have retained the right to our original team name, much like we should have done with the rights to the 'Lakers' name when they split to LA.

But I digress..

I always thought they should have been called the Lone Stars, but that probably wouldn't have made much sense, lol. They have two Sox in baseball (and three Tigers in the SEC!) so what's wrong with two Stars in the NHL!

I agree with the name being a disaster, but they do make up for it with fantastic design!

You know, after finally a decade I think I'm finally coming around to it; I always used to joke that someone threw up on a sweater to come up with the design, and that is coming from someone who has both the original white (Gaborik) and green.

Finally though I think it has grown on me.

They have two Sox in baseball (and three Tigers in the SEC!) so what's wrong with two Stars in the NHL!

Good point.

Northstars = one of the greatest names in sports history. It is blasphemy that the name is no longer. :noway: