Teams you love or hate to Watch

Kalitse

There are teams out there (*Cough* Devils *Cough*) that are just no fun to watch. This doesn't mean they're a bad team, just boring to watch. Then there are teams that are loads of fun to watch - EVEN if they're going to lose.

As you can guess I really don't like to watch the Devils games. The only saving grace is when they break down defensively and you get to see Brodeur shine.

I was loving watching the Habs play until we got hit with the Gainey curse. Since then they frustrate more than excite. I also really enjoy watching the Sabres and Sens play.

I tend to only watch games in my teams division, but I have digital cable and wouldn't mind watching other exciting games, but I don't know who I should watch! My wife is not much of a hockey fan (yet...we only got married this summer:P) so when I get a chance to watch hockey - I want to watch GOOD hockey.

So? Who gets your heart pounding, gets you shouting at the refs? What teams make you jump off the couch when they shoot it off the post?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good topic!

I really hate to watch the Devils play. It is booorring hockey and the lower bowl looks like plenty of good seats are available. I also have to put the Canucks in there. Everytime I see them play its like 1-0 and Luongo is doing everything except standing on his head to keep them in the game. Dallas is also another team that I wonder how they got as many wins as they have playing the type of hockey that puts me to sleep.

On the other hand, if they show up the Blackhawks are awesome to watch (big IF). Very fast and agressive. I love watching Calgary at home with their red army, in fact I am becoming more enamored with the Flames by the day (that Conroy,Tanguay,Iginla line is lights out). Nashville is also another team that is awesome to watch. You have Kyria, Erat buzzing about all the time with Forsberg skating- its a lot of fun to watch those teams.

THANK YOU!! I've been saying this for years now. The Devils are definitely near the top of the list of reasons why the NHL popularity is so low now. They turned a fun, fast, exciting sport into a soccer match played in a circle of mud.

Buffalo is fun to watch, so is Atlanta when they play to their ability. Also, as much as I hate them, Pittsburgh is really exciting with all the kids they have.

I like watching San Jose, Nashville, Chicago, and Buffalo

Don't really care for Detroit, New York Islanders, and Dallas.

I grew to like the Oilers after watching them play live last January, they were really fun to watch, unfortunately when I saw them this year they seemed undisciplined.

My wife and I like watching the Stars and Ducks.

Overall I'm not a fan of watching the Blackhawks and the Kings without Kopitar, were pretty dull to me.

I love to watch the Toronto Maple Leafs, because of crazy come backs, blown leads, and the rest, and the game is NEVER over.

I hate to watch the Pittsburgh Penguins, because everything that happens has a mention of Cindy Crosby. Marc Andre Fleury could make the save of the season, and Stall and Malkin could both score five goals and Crosby could be pointless, and the commentary STILL revolves around Cindy.

I enjoy watching the Flames and Penguins. I don't enjoy watching the Blue Jackets except when Nash is on the ice or the Capitals except when Ovechkin is out there.

I agree with the Pens assesment- I was at the first game after the lockout in NJ when the Pens played (Crosby and Mario on the ice together- quite a night!) and everyone was on the edge of their seats when 87 touched the puck. You get the same sense watching them play (along with Malkin and Staal and even MA Fleury) and make for a lot of entertaining hockey watching.

I didn't think of the Caps until you mentioned them and I have to agree. I like to see what AO is doing when he is on the ice but when he is off it I am not trying to catch my breath with all the end to end action.

I think a good hybrid of the Devils boring trap style and the Pens uptempo might be the Wild. They are a trapping team to be sure but with Gaborik, Boucher (sp?) and Fernandez they also have entertaining moments (especially when they are playing teams like Calgary and Edmonton).

I think a good hybrid of the Devils boring trap style and the Pens uptempo might be the Wild. They are a trapping team to be sure but with Gaborik, Boucher (sp?) and Fernandez they also have entertaining moments (especially when they are playing teams like Calgary and Edmonton).

Lemaire is the innovator of the trap, after all. The Wild play some solid defensive hockey, but I have to be in the mood to see it. Or I can wait until the Slovaks Demitra and Gaborik liven things up. I can appreciate that team, but when I'm surfing the Center Ice games, the Wild are often last on my playlist.

Lemaire is the innovator of the trap, after all. The Wild play some solid defensive hockey, but I have to be in the mood to see it. Or I can wait until the Slovaks Demitra and Gaborik liven things up. I can appreciate that team, but when I'm surfing the Center Ice games, the Wild are often last on my playlist.

Yea- I am not immediately clicking over to the Wild Blue Jackets game at the first instance... still they have their moments of really uptempo hockey.

• 4 weeks later...
I second that about the Capitals, they were interesting last season only when Ovechkin was on the ice.

That kid Semin is pretty good to watch though. He has a heck of a shot. But they need to really build around #8 to make that team competitive.

• 2 weeks later...

[/font]

One team I hadn't paid much attention to until last night was Vancouver. They looked good last night. I can see how they've gotten hot lately. Jeff Cowan had a nice shorty/breakaway.

oh yes the brabarian hasn't struck in a while, but when he does everyone goes crazy. I do love to watch the Canucks.

I can't really think of teams that I don't like to watch, though I normally only watch Canadian teams (HNIC). The only other teams I'll watch if they aren't playing against the Canucks is the Red Wings and the Pens. mostly because of the ex-canucks on those teams. :blush:

I will say though that I like to watch the leafs and the flames lose.

Really enjoyed San Jose when I saw them and I've enjoyed Anaheim this season too. Niedermayer is amazing to watch. San Jose mounted a comeback to tie the game at 2-2, and I think I was on my feet more in the third period then I have been at any game this year. Any team with a good attack I'm gonna love watching.

• 3 weeks later...
Really enjoyed San Jose when I saw them and I've enjoyed Anaheim this season too. Niedermayer is amazing to watch. San Jose mounted a comeback to tie the game at 2-2, and I think I was on my feet more in the third period then I have been at any game this year. Any team with a good attack I'm gonna love watching.

Sharks are fun to watch as are the ducks(go ducks!!!), sabres are pretty cool too.

Sharks are fun to watch as are the ducks(go ducks!!!), sabres are pretty cool too.

I have to give it to Anaheim and San Jose. They are two of my new favorite teams to watch as I think I was on my feet more in the third period of their April 4th game than I was at any Coyotes game this season.

• 5 months later...
[/font]

oh yes the brabarian hasn't struck in a while, but when he does everyone goes crazy. I do love to watch the Canucks.

I can't really think of teams that I don't like to watch, though I normally only watch Canadian teams (HNIC). The only other teams I'll watch if they aren't playing against the Canucks is the Red Wings and the Pens. mostly because of the ex-canucks on those teams. :blush:

I will say though that I like to watch the leafs and the flames lose.

I miss HNIC...when I was living in Detroit, I was close enough that my cable provider had the CBC affiliate in Windsor and that's where I was practically every Saturday night during the season. And I think that the Canucks can be added with the Wild as one of those teams that bore you to death with their defensive-minded style while at the same time providing moments of excitement...namely with Markus Naslund and the Twins. The Red Wings can be rather exciting when all of their elements are working...Zetterberg and Datsyuk carving up defenses, Hasek making saves that no one should be able to, Lidstrom and Methuselah...I mean, Chelios(dang, I get those two mixed up all the time now. :P)shutting down the blue line and so on.

And I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Rangers yet with all the firepower they've got up front and Henrik Lundqvist manning the goal. If I could, I'd be keeping an eye on the Blueshirts when my teams aren't playing...they look like an interesting bunch.

• 2 years later...
I hate the Red Wings and Ducks.

I don't enjoy the Wings either but I have to admit, watching them fall to the yotes the other night was a heck of an exciting game!

I can watch just about any two teams play, especially if it's a good game or in the playoffs.

The exceptions being Philly and to a lesser extent Calgary. Unless they are playing the Rangers, I can't watch them play - something about their uniforms makes it unwatchable for me.

I can watch just about any two teams play, especially if it's a good game or in the playoffs.

The exceptions being Philly and to a lesser extent Calgary. Unless they are playing the Rangers, I can't watch them play - something about their uniforms makes it unwatchable for me.

You probably are afraid of Carcillo's mug :D

I CANNOT Stand watching the Leafs play....

I hate the Leafs, i hate the biased commentator's CBC has for the Leafs, Everytime i see that blue and white jersey i throw up in my mouth a little bit. It doesnt help that as of late, i feel like i am watching the Leafs play even when its a Flames game....Thanks to Stajan, Hagman, White and Mayers

I am also not a fan of watching the oilers

Earlier this season, i was offered lower bowl seats to watch a n Oilers vs Leafs game (In Edmonton since i am a displaced Calgarian) and i just refused the free lower bowl seats....I would rather watch the Edmonton CHL team play than that...

I cant stand watching the Senators,Canadians,Flyers,and the Red Wings

• 4 weeks later...

I CANNOT Stand watching the Leafs play....

I hate the Leafs, i hate the biased commentator's CBC has for the Leafs, Everytime i see that blue and white jersey i throw up in my mouth a little bit. It doesnt help that as of late, i feel like i am watching the Leafs play even when its a Flames game....Thanks to Stajan, Hagman, White and Mayers

I am also not a fan of watching the oilers

Earlier this season, i was offered lower bowl seats to watch a n Oilers vs Leafs game (In Edmonton since i am a displaced Calgarian) and i just refused the free lower bowl seats....I would rather watch the Edmonton CHL team play than that...

Now you can add Toskala to the mix hahahahaha :D

As one radio guy said it here this morning, are Leafs games blacked out in Calgary? Did they not see how bad we were playing before trading for 25% of our team???