UNBELIEVABLE

Cygnus X-1

Just popped into Cosby's in NYC- had an authentic 2.0 WC jersey size 46. It's becoming a Richards.

Tags check out inside, double-sewn elbows, felt crest sewn on.

So good.

Good luck getting those numbers on the back of a 46 without them overlapping the waist stripes. That will look very cornball.

Killjoy.

If Cosby's is doing the customization, you're going to be sorry. Last time I was in there, they had a ton of WC jerseys all customized using twill, which is wrong.

That is also true. They don't have the correct EDGE material for the plates and I'm not sure about the felt either. It'll end up running you about $100 all told too which is insanity to have a jersey customized.

I saw another Richards 46 they did looks good- they're doing he customization...honestly I'm happy to have an authentic.

Also, he scrutinized my 85th anny I was wearing and he seemed to know exactly the proper way the jerseys should be done. (Mine was not done properly lol)

Sorry for the new thread

How much though, and is Cosbys doing the customizing?

$450 with customization

That is also true. They don't have the correct EDGE material for the plates and I'm not sure about the felt either. It'll end up running you about $100 all told too which is insanity to have a jersey customized.

He indicated the plates need to be made from other jerseys so the material matches

I saw another Richards 46 they did looks good- they're doing he customization...honestly I'm happy to have an authentic.

Also, he scrutinized my 85th anny I was wearing and he seemed to know exactly the proper way the jerseys should be done. (Mine was not done properly lol)

Sorry for the new thread

Post pictures of your 85th. I wanna go in wearing my USA Callahan that Mike did with kiss-cut numbers and laugh if they tell me it's not done right.

Post pictures of your 85th. I wanna go in wearing my USA Callahan that Mike did with kiss-cut numbers and laugh if they tell me it's not done right.

Will do- my 85th is a replica I bought at MSG so I'm sure it's not 100%

Will do- my 85th is a replica I bought at MSG so I'm sure it's not 100%

The jerseys at the team store are completely accurate, that's where I got mine. I think they're done by the same place that does the gamers, because the numbers/lettering is stitched on and the Garden is the only place that sells them like that. To be honest, I don't think the guys at Cosby's have the slightest clue what they're talking about, or doing.

Most of the customized jerseys they sell have things wrong with them.

The jerseys at the team store are completely accurate, that's where I got mine. I think they're done by the same place that does the gamers, because the numbers/lettering is stitched on and the Garden is the only place that sells them like that. To be honest, I don't think the guys at Cosby's have the slightest clue what they're talking about, or doing.

Most of the customized jerseys they sell have things wrong with them.

I don't know....I saw some oddball things in MSG like Richards' jerseys with the vector logo, a Bathgate with a red and blue vector logo

Sorry for the new thread

It's all good - it just gets annoying when you see a lot of new folks that post wherever they want, let alone starting a new topic that isn't much different from another that's already posted.

Clean and concise boards, are happy boards.

Besides, my buzzkilling abilities haven't hindered this from blossoming into a rather delightful conversation :doh:

I've never been, but I already hate Cosby's - I've tried to contact them several times through their site, and I've never heard back.

And although I'm thankful that they supplied a lot of great authentics back in the 80s, often the customization was wrong, and they NEVER used nameplates :angry:

I don't know....I saw some oddball things in MSG like Richards' jerseys with the vector logo, a Bathgate with a red and blue vector logo

Yeah, but the customization is 100% accurate. The jerseys they use might be from the wrong year, but the customization is accurate. They assume (correctly) that most people won't know or care that the jersey has the wrong Reebok marking. It's just us lunatics who notice and make a big deal of it.

The Flames fan club @ the saddle dome is charging $120 shipped for the HC 2011 job.

Yeah, but the customization is 100% accurate. The jerseys they use might be from the wrong year, but the customization is accurate. They assume (correctly) that most people won't know or care that the jersey has the wrong Reebok marking. It's just us lunatics who notice and make a big deal of it.

Lunatics is right. My wife calls me a jersey snob. I agreed and told her that thanks to my obsession with authentics we will be eating cat food upon retirement

The Flames fan club @ the saddle dome is charging $120 shipped for the HC 2011 job.

I literally just sent mine in to get Kiprusoffed a few moments ago. It's my first time, but I'm using a guy down the street from me. I interrogated him for a little while before I brought it in. Sounds like the guy takes a lot of pride in what he does. I'm no expert, anyway, so I'm not exactly looking for 100% accuracy. I just want a good job done.

If he does a great job, I've got a lot of jerseys to get done. The wait is only a week and it's a 2 minute drive. Could be good.

Clean and concise boards, are happy boards.

I'm with ya on this Slim.

Regardless grats Cygnus I'm jealous. No chance they had any other sizes?

I'm with ya on this Slim.

Regardless grats Cygnus I'm jealous. No chance they had any other sizes?

Thanks

He claimed that was the last one-it was hanging from the ceiling and I didn't see any other authentics. I will verify when I go back to pick it up 4/7

$450 with customization

Wow, why so cheap??

Wow, why so cheap??

1332557502[/url]' post='89213']

Wow, why so cheap??

Wow, why so cheap??

I'm still new.......sarcasm?

Cosbys sounds a lot like Van City Sports. God, I feel sick just thinking about that place. Slimy little foreign midget that knows not one accurate piece of information about hockey jerseys. Now that I think about it, I want to torch that place.

I was buying hockey gear at Cosby’s back in the 1960s. This was their old location on 8th Avenue next to the old MSG. Pretty much the only place, or at least the most complete place for hockey equipment in the New York area back then, and supplier to the Rangers and teams in the area. I think their time has come and gone.

I occasionally visited the new store on trips back to the area in the 70s and 80s, but it looks like they were displaced by, first the catalog outfits (Ocean Hockey Supply comes to mind), and now the internet retailers. One look at their website and you get the impression they just kinda gave up. They are not the first supplier that springs to my mind when I think of hockey equipment these days.