REEBOK is ruining my jersey collecting life.

mikey3319

Hey guys

Just needing to vent.. Reebok is keeping me from buying 2 jerseys of one of the best rookies ever LANDESKOG. no way in hell im buying a replica or indo crap to custom. Also cant get a 1.0 or 2.0 with vector cause he never wore them..

Also wanting a Giguere ..but that will never happen now...sigh i hope these jerseys are released soon cause im dying here.

Hey guys

Just needing to vent.. Reebok is keeping me from buying 2 jerseys of one of the best rookies ever LANDESKOG. no way in hell im buying a replica or indo crap to custom. Also cant get a 1.0 or 2.0 with vector cause he never wore them..

Also wanting a Giguere ..but that will never happen now...sigh i hope these jerseys are released soon cause im dying here.

There's always the possibility of team issued blanks making their way out, or, Canadian made authentics being available next year or later that would not be 'fouls.'

I hear ya, only way I can get a Leafs new third is to buy a gamer (no way I can afford one) or hope a team issue is available at some point.

Like I said many times before I will never buy a Reebok jersey unless it is or was the same as worn by the team (the early 1.0's are fine).

Yeah its a bummer. If this years Preds, Panthers and Leafs were available Reebok would have a lot more of my money.

I have yet to see an Indo Edge in person thank god. Canucks Store only sells Team Issue 2.0's as their authentics.

Reebok is a complete joke. The Mark Howe Pre-Game jerseys are CCM Airknit. Imagine if they went back to these? I would probably sh*t my pants in excitement.

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/User?id=mgNHL&wl=12717464&type=L

I bought a CCM replica jersey for real cheap sometime last week and was wondering how good its quality is compared to the RBK ones. As someone really, really new to collecting, how much is it different? I've worn a Leafs replica for some time now (mostly when shovelling snow outside and too lazy to put on a real coat) and I'm afraid the front crest would fall off eventually. Plus the shoulder patches look reaaaaal cheap.

I bought a CCM replica jersey for real cheap sometime last week and was wondering how good its quality is compared to the RBK ones. As someone really, really new to collecting, how much is it different? I've worn a Leafs replica for some time now (mostly when shovelling snow outside and too lazy to put on a real coat) and I'm afraid the front crest would fall off eventually. Plus the shoulder patches look reaaaaal cheap.

Kind of depends on when the CCM was made. In the early 90's, their replicas were pretty cheap; they were made of real thin material, and the crests and other logos were pretty poor looking. The quality got better throughout the mid-to-late 90's, and by the 2000's the CCM replicas were better than ever. I'd take a 2000's CCM replica over a Reebok Premier any day. Which ones do you have? If you're not sure what years they're from, describing the neck tags would help, but a photo would be better.

Kind of depends on when the CCM was made. In the early 90's, their replicas were pretty cheap; they were made of real thin material, and the crests and other logos were pretty poor looking. The quality got better throughout the mid-to-late 90's, and by the 2000's the CCM replicas were better than ever. I'd take a 2000's CCM replica over a Reebok Premier any day. Which ones do you have? If you're not sure what years they're from, describing the neck tags would help, but a photo would be better.

Maska, it seems. I got it for dirt cheap, so I'll take even a RBK Premier at that price :D

Yeah, those are the older Maska ultrafil replicas with the screened CCM logo. Unfortunately not really comparable to the later CCM replicas, but hey, you got it for a good price!

Yeah, those are the older Maska ultrafil replicas with the screened CCM logo. Unfortunately not really comparable to the later CCM replicas, but hey, you got it for a good price!

What year did they make Ultrafil replicas because I thought they were all Air-Knit.?

What year did they make Ultrafil replicas because I thought they were all Air-Knit.?

Up until around the mid-90's at least. I imagine they might have been around in the 80's but I don't have any that old so I can't confirm that. Some of the ones I have are a Penguins from around 1993, and ASG's from 1994-96.

Has anyone done any looking into getting a patch or something with the Reebok wordmark on it, and sewing it over the vector on a 1.0? I thought about doing that, but I don't know how to go about finding a way to get one of those, or what kind of material you'd want to use.

Ah, okay. I was mostly wondering because I was talking to someone who got one of the Sabres' set one game worns and he said it was just a Reebok wordmark sewn over the vector. I'll have to get some pictures from him and see what he's talking about, whether they took off the vector or just went straight over it, and how weird it looks.

its possible they did that. the ones ive seen in person (caps most notably) were not sewn over and are not tall enough to cover the entire vector.

It's possible that the first set of the season had a wordmark sewn over a vector, as that's what the Rangers jerseys looked like in Europe, but since then look like just wordmark, no vector under.

Hey guys

Pm sent

The vector is not always impossible to get off. It all depends on the type of material it's adhered to. Not all teams use the same stuff in that small little area. Some have the EDGE encroaching in and some don't. If it's sewn onto the EDGE back stuff, it should fall right off when the stitching is dug out. BUT, when it comes to jerseys like the Rangers road whites, where the shoulder yoke is more of a knit material than EDGE, it won't come off without major leftover residue.